Here's a Tip

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The more you worry, look too far into rumors, and take everyone's negative opinions as fact, the harder and slower the wait will be for you.

It's already November and the phone is just around the corner. The time left before we have the phone is very short when compared to the time we will have with the phone.

These forums are should be a great place to pass the time, but it's a burden when you have to wade through swarms of pointless worried posts to find the good stuff. If you really must voice your concerns, keep it on topic in the correct topic. Too many threads have been derailed by a stray worried post.

Remember, Ice Cream Sandwich wasn't built in a day... wait is that how the saying goes?

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalslacker

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
But if people didn't worry and complain what would there be to talk about? :D

Well, who knows, there might actually be something useful to talk about! Been a little tired of this forum the last week because with the lack of real information there are a LOT of people in here just making stuff up right out of the air. They see a tiny piece of info or someone makes a remark (like blackmanx) and people just turn it into all kinds of strange stories that they literally make up somewhere in their heads.

I took some time off and headed out to Vegas for a few days, and what do you know, I come back and its all the same stuff, more weird stories, more people acting like they don't have a life and more. Like everyone, I'm anxious for the phone to release so that I can see it, handle it and finally make the decision as to whether or not I want to buy it. If it comes out next week - great, two weeks - ok, longer, no biggie.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The more you worry, look too far into rumors, and take everyone's negative opinions as fact, the harder and slower the wait will be for you.

I

LOL!!! so true!

I'm just happy it's November. That means it's just closer to being released.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, who knows, there might actually be something useful to talk about! Been a little tired of this forum the last week because with the lack of real information there are a LOT of people in here just making stuff up right out of the air. They see a tiny piece of info or someone makes a remark (like blackmanx) and people just turn it into all kinds of strange stories that they literally make up somewhere in their heads.

I took some time off and headed out to Vegas for a few days, and what do you know, I come back and its all the same stuff, more weird stories, more people acting like they don't have a life and more. Like everyone, I'm anxious for the phone to release so that I can see it, handle it and finally make the decision as to whether or not I want to buy it. If it comes out next week - great, two weeks - ok, longer, no biggie.

Such is life, in android forums. Weird stories, strange people, big imaginations,nervous tension pining, for new devices,what's not to like. C'mon, you know you enjoy all this nonsense. It's funny and it passes the time til, the goods are in our hands. It's fun to sift through the trash, cuz there's often nuggets of truth in the middle of it all. Besides, parents & Mother Goose have been making up and telling far fetched stories for years, whose telling them to give it a rest. Might be aggravating sometimes but it's not that big a deal in the end. We all know it's coming soon. It's funner stopping by here, to wade through the muck. Than it is to sit around thumbwrestling yourself waiting for news to drop. Personally, it's good to see people are this excited about putting a creamy vanilla device in their pockets again.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well put. I am still pumped on the fact that is really coming to Verizon this time. That alone is still awesome in my book. Like you said, it will be here before you know it. Just a short time and we can all be basking in the goodness that is Ice Cream Sandwich and the Nexus. Will be a great day indeed!!

Yadao

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
For this forum's sake, I can't wait until the phone is released.

Maybe then it won't be so annoying trying to keep up on this forum and this place will be a bit more useful. I could swear I've seen the same beaten-to-death posts reincarnated in nearly every topic.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe then it won't be so annoying trying to keep up on this forum and this place will be a bit more useful. I could swear I've seen the same beaten-to-death posts reincarnated in nearly every topic.

I think most here can relate. I try to amuse myself in posts just to cope w/ lameness of it all. I used to avoid checking the forums entirely. It'll equalize itself out, once Verizon spits a date out, the little black clouds that hang over a handful of the threads, that were birthed in the rumor mill. Will clear out and take those threads with 'em.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree, it's like my mentor used to say all the time, "A bowl of pot doesn't smoke itself"...or was that "A watched pot never boils"?...well anyway, it was something inspiring I think... :confused:

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

What makes it even more annoying is that when you start to post a new thread and type "I'm disappointed in the Galaxy Nexus' specs" as the title it shows you there are already 16 other threads with the keywords "disappointed Galaxy Nexus Specs" in them. All posted by other people that can't seem to follow the proper forum etiquette of not creating duplicate threads.

Instead of creating a NEW topic, they should contribute to the existing conversations.

I'm sure that will not change when the phone is released. We'll just contend with a multitude of threads titled "My Galaxy Nexus Battery Sucks".

So, maybe less annoying, but still annoying.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What makes it even more annoying is that when you start to post a new thread and type "I'm disappointed in the Galaxy Nexus' specs" as the title it shows you there are already 16 other threads with the keywords "disappointed Galaxy Nexus Specs" in them. All posted by other people that can't seem to follow the proper forum etiquette of not creating duplicate threads
What makes that fact even sadder is that it's happened on such a regular basis some of the old merge requests got overlooked. Mods have had their hands full on this carousel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma