Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Removable Battery?

Does the Galaxy Nexus have a removable battery?

I'm sure there's a definite answer in one of the threads here, but I thought it would be easier to just get a simple answer for a simple question. Thanks!

Global Posts
    840 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Default Re: Clarification Question

Yes it does.
    mightyfacundo likes this.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

The non-LTE version does indeed have a removable battery, but thus far, other than the odd external photo I don't think anybody (who can tell us) has had an LTE model in their hands to be able to tell us if it too has a removable battery.

I believe there have been a couple of posts to suggest that it does have a removable battery and that it may even be a little higher capacity than the non-LTE version, but, as yet, I don't think we have any definitive information, so its still only a "probably"!

Carrier
    4.0.4 leak

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH2 View Post
    The non-LTE version does indeed have a removable battery, but thus far, other than the odd external photo I don't think anybody (who can tell us) has had an LTE model in their hands to be able to tell us if it too has a removable battery.

I believe there have been a couple of posts to suggest that it does have a removable battery and that it may even be a little higher capacity than the non-LTE version, but, as yet, I don't think we have any definitive information, so its still only a "probably"!
    I can't think of any reason why the LTE version would be coming with a non-removable battery. I think the fact the LTE model is slightly thicker is to accomodate the radio and maybe a slightly larger battery (which would be cool).

Edit: Looking at this photo from Romain Guy you can see the little slot to pry off the battery cover - so it looks promising.
    Another thing I've noticed about this LTE model is no obvious Samsung branding. Just Google and 4G LTE. Granted it could be a pre-release model, but still.
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH2 View Post

LTE most def. has a removable battery and its bigger than the GSM one (and rightfully so).

Not even a probably. Definitely. I am just not allowed to comment on the battery size.
    mightyfacundo and qnet like this.

Default Re: Removable Battery?

If it's over 1900 mah, I believe that would put my biggest concern to rest.
    Fanboi

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JellyBelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by ericsckane View Post
    If it's over 1900 mah, I believe that would put my biggest concern to rest.
    I hear it's over niNE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks everyone!