I get to try a Nexus tomorrow!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Vsiting a friend atthe big G and he's promised me time to play with the Nexus. Very excited, I'll finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and see just how fast it is.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Vsiting a friend atthe big G and he's promised me time to play with the Nexus. Very excited, I'll finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and see just how fast it is.

Tell him about #occupyvzw

That we want a release date by tomorrow.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Take a pic or video of the notification light, haha. Ive yet to see any hands on videos or pics show it off.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Take a pic or video of the notification light, haha. Ive yet to see any hands on videos or pics show it off.

Here is the picture of the Notification light.

41857d1319936442-led-notification-light-samsunggalaxynexusliveblog1681.jpg

Reactions: mercado79

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you believe certain insiders, it is totally out of Google's hands right now. From this point forward it is all VZW's call.

That is the case, I assure you. Most people demanding a release, before mid Nov., either aren't taking things into account when they post or just don't realize what we don't see going on @ VzW leading up to any device release date. Much less 3 major smartphone releases in the same month during the same quarter. This situation is a bad scenario for them. I'm shocked to see they even scheduled these 3 in the same month, to begin with. It'll be a miracle if they pull this off. People seem to think it's a matter of snapping fingers & they are in stores. It's a big effort to educate their employees on new devices, in this case, it includes one w/ a brand new OS & software features, taboot. There's allota peeps who are gonna be fielding questions about new device(s) and selling the features to perspective buyers. Many of which, @ this moment aren't fully aware of what the SCH-i515 even is. Familiarizing them is time consuming. That alone bogs down releases because VZW holds off on doing that longer than just about any other carrier out there. I'd be willing to bet anyone in this forum who goes to a store on the SGN release date will be more familiar with the device than the person they'll fork their $$$ over to. Seriously, I have never known anyone who bought a phone on a release date who did so because a retail employee sold them on it. Do I really need to even mention the # of people working on the marketing and distribution process for these phones. I love to take jabs @ the way they do things over there but even I realize you really need to consider things like these before you start making demands of them.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but it's their JOB at Verizon to figure this out. It's not like corporate didn't know these phones were coming, say 6 months ahead of time. I dont feel sorry for VZW. It's their own stupidity that puts the thousands of their own employees in a bad position. Try planning ahead next time...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but it's their JOB at Verizon to figure this out. It's not like corporate didn't know these phones were coming, say 6 months ahead of time. I dont feel sorry for VZW. It's their own stupidity that puts the thousands of their own employees in a bad position. Try planning ahead next time...

If you've read other posts I've made you'll see I'm not defending them in any way for this. Nor do I think they deserve any empathy for the way they run things. Your comment is exactly what I was trying to address. I guess it came off different than I wanted. I just tried to play nice while typing it up cuz they make it so damn easy to troll their actions. They have a horribly inefficent system in place for the retail end of their biz which is why most of their major releases, and others, are often subject to hange. That is being showcased at the moment in their partnership w/ Samsung & Google on the SCH-i515. This release was scheduled to have an earlier launch w/ Verizon. No one should be looking towards anyone to blame but Big Red as why that was changed.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you've read other posts I've made you'll see I'm not defending them in any way for this. Nor do I think they deserve any empathy for the way they run things. Your comment is exactly what I was trying to address. I guess it came off different than I wanted. I just tried to play nice while typing it up cuz they make it so damn easy to troll their actions. They have a horribly inefficient system in place for the retail end of their biz which is why most of their major releases, and others, are often subject to change. That is being showcased at the moment in their partnership w/ Samsung & Google on the SCH-i515. This release was scheduled to have an earlier launch w/ Verizon. No one should be looking towards anyone to blame but Big Red as why that was changed.

Agreed. Shouldn't we be taking the hint that the two UI'd phones are getting much more press from Verizon than the "untamed beast" we're all waiting for. Seems to me that VZW doesn't even want another stock Android phone, even though this is the first ICS device in the US. I think since other carriers have already had a Nexus phone, they'd be singing this one from the rooftops. I've seen RAZR ads and yesterday saw my first Rezound ad, still not a bit of official press for the Galaxy Nexus.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't allowed to take any pics, and only had a few mins to play with the device. So take this for what its worth.

- It's very very sleek and nice to hold. Very light, but has a solid feel. It makes my Evo look like the brick it is. I wasn't sure I'd like a phone even bigger than the Evo at first.

- ICS is everything you've heard, it was fast and responsive. Scrolling through hundreds of contacts in the new People app (a lot of which had no pictures, and those show up as a grey box which is not very attractive) was no problem.

- Camera is near instant. I took a panorama, it tells you if you're moving the phone too fast, and automatically ends the panorama when you stop moving.

- Some apps already dismiss the software buttons, like the Gallery. Buttons show up when you tap the area, but otherwise the entire screen is usable. Its a big difference.

- ThingsI didn't get to try - browser, face unlock, any system settings.

In general, if you've used Honeycomb, ICS navigation is very similar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci