Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Default I get to try a Nexus tomorrow!

Vsiting a friend atthe big G and he's promised me time to play with the Nexus. Very excited, I'll finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and see just how fast it is.

Default Re: I get to try a Nexus tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Vsiting a friend atthe big G and he's promised me time to play with the Nexus. Very excited, I'll finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and see just how fast it is.
    Tell him about #occupyvzw

That we want a release date by tomorrow.

ROM
    Stock/Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerz View Post
    Tell him about #occupyvzw

That we want a release date by tomorrow.
    If you believe certain insiders, it is totally out of Google's hands right now. From this point forward it is all VZW's call.

Take a pic or video of the notification light, haha. Ive yet to see any hands on videos or pics show it off.
    Nexus311 and infernalman7 like this.

see how the camera performs in somewhat low-light conditions, if possible.
    Thanked by:
    adp192 

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Just have fun it with! Let us know your thoughts afterwards!
    pwninobrlan likes this.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

So is this the GSM or LTE version you're going to play with? Either way, lucky you. Lol.
    So many phones, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    Take a pic or video of the notification light, haha. Ive yet to see any hands on videos or pics show it off.
    Here is the picture of the Notification light.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Me too but I'm going Sunday after church.

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Here is the picture of the Notification light.

Click to view quoted image
    I appreciate it man, but ive seen it haha. I want to see it in use and not just in a mockup.
    Thanked by:
    noeldavid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ecrispy View Post
    vsiting a friend atthe big g and he's promised me time to play with the nexus. Very excited, i'll finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and see just how fast it is.
    ban this guy

ROM
    Custom

Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    Agreed. Try to see if it's multicolored. You'd be my hero.

Stang68 likes this.

try to scratch the screen with your keys, see if the 'fortified glass' is as strong as Gorilla

Pictures or it didn't happen....
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
    If you believe certain insiders, it is totally out of Google's hands right now. From this point forward it is all VZW's call.
    That is the case, I assure you. Most people demanding a release, before mid Nov., either aren't taking things into account when they post or just don't realize what we don't see going on @ VzW leading up to any device release date. Much less 3 major smartphone releases in the same month during the same quarter. This situation is a bad scenario for them. I'm shocked to see they even scheduled these 3 in the same month, to begin with. It'll be a miracle if they pull this off. People seem to think it's a matter of snapping fingers & they are in stores. It's a big effort to educate their employees on new devices, in this case, it includes one w/ a brand new OS & software features, taboot. There's allota peeps who are gonna be fielding questions about new device(s) and selling the features to perspective buyers. Many of which, @ this moment aren't fully aware of what the SCH-i515 even is. Familiarizing them is time consuming. That alone bogs down releases because VZW holds off on doing that longer than just about any other carrier out there. I'd be willing to bet anyone in this forum who goes to a store on the SGN release date will be more familiar with the device than the person they'll fork their $$$ over to. Seriously, I have never known anyone who bought a phone on a release date who did so because a retail employee sold them on it. Do I really need to even mention the # of people working on the marketing and distribution process for these phones. I love to take jabs @ the way they do things over there but even I realize you really need to consider things like these before you start making demands of them.
    ejaymd11 likes this.

Yeah, but it's their JOB at Verizon to figure this out. It's not like corporate didn't know these phones were coming, say 6 months ahead of time. I dont feel sorry for VZW. It's their own stupidity that puts the thousands of their own employees in a bad position. Try planning ahead next time...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
    Yeah, but it's their JOB at Verizon to figure this out. It's not like corporate didn't know these phones were coming, say 6 months ahead of time. I dont feel sorry for VZW. It's their own stupidity that puts the thousands of their own employees in a bad position. Try planning ahead next time...
    If you've read other posts I've made you'll see I'm not defending them in any way for this. Nor do I think they deserve any empathy for the way they run things. Your comment is exactly what I was trying to address. I guess it came off different than I wanted. I just tried to play nice while typing it up cuz they make it so damn easy to troll their actions. They have a horribly inefficent system in place for the retail end of their biz which is why most of their major releases, and others, are often subject to hange. That is being showcased at the moment in their partnership w/ Samsung & Google on the SCH-i515. This release was scheduled to have an earlier launch w/ Verizon. No one should be looking towards anyone to blame but Big Red as why that was changed.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    If you've read other posts I've made you'll see I'm not defending them in any way for this. Nor do I think they deserve any empathy for the way they run things. Your comment is exactly what I was trying to address. I guess it came off different than I wanted. I just tried to play nice while typing it up cuz they make it so damn easy to troll their actions. They have a horribly inefficient system in place for the retail end of their biz which is why most of their major releases, and others, are often subject to change. That is being showcased at the moment in their partnership w/ Samsung & Google on the SCH-i515. This release was scheduled to have an earlier launch w/ Verizon. No one should be looking towards anyone to blame but Big Red as why that was changed.
    Agreed. Shouldn't we be taking the hint that the two UI'd phones are getting much more press from Verizon than the "untamed beast" we're all waiting for. Seems to me that VZW doesn't even want another stock Android phone, even though this is the first ICS device in the US. I think since other carriers have already had a Nexus phone, they'd be singing this one from the rooftops. I've seen RAZR ads and yesterday saw my first Rezound ad, still not a bit of official press for the Galaxy Nexus.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

To get back on topic, damn you! ...and how was it?

I'm really hoping to be holding my own GN on Nov. 17!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

I wasn't allowed to take any pics, and only had a few mins to play with the device. So take this for what its worth.

- It's very very sleek and nice to hold. Very light, but has a solid feel. It makes my Evo look like the brick it is. I wasn't sure I'd like a phone even bigger than the Evo at first.

- ICS is everything you've heard, it was fast and responsive. Scrolling through hundreds of contacts in the new People app (a lot of which had no pictures, and those show up as a grey box which is not very attractive) was no problem.

- Camera is near instant. I took a panorama, it tells you if you're moving the phone too fast, and automatically ends the panorama when you stop moving.

- Some apps already dismiss the software buttons, like the Gallery. Buttons show up when you tap the area, but otherwise the entire screen is usable. Its a big difference.

- ThingsI didn't get to try - browser, face unlock, any system settings.

In general, if you've used Honeycomb, ICS navigation is very similar.
    Thanked by 7:
    Mooem and candroid90 like this.

Thanks! No info on that LED notificaton light, eh?

ROM
    Android Revolution Hd

Sounds like it was really nice. Can't wait to get one!!

Screen quality?
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Was this the lte version?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ROM
    Rocking AOKP/Faux

Was it the Verizon version you were using? Also, was it a 16 or 32 gb version?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast