Tegra 3 versus the Galaxy Nexus in a benchmark.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
transformer_prime_antutu_041242316423_640x360.jpg

That should put to rest some of the concerns about the gpu. Imagine what the score would have been if the GN was the same resolution as the GS II.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It should put it to rest, but it won't. They'll start complaining about how the Nexus isn't in the same class as the Asus Prime and how "Nah dude, I'm waiting for quad core now."

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Before anyone gets any ideas, the Transformer Prime is a tablet, not a phone. No Tegra 3 phones have been announced, though they may start appearing in February.

..and hopefully I'll be wealthy enough by then to get in on some of that sick quad-core action.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Can someone develop an app for the facial recognition software on the Nexus that scans for dumbasses? And then even if they set their face to be the one who unlocks it, it won't unlock and thus becomes useless?

We don't pick our phones...our phones pick us.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've liked the tegra 2 its great with battery more then fast enough for my needs, over clocks great. Only time I've seen it start to choke up is using a PlayStation one emulator with a LOT going on on the screen.

Is it possible to buy a phone or tablet and say.....man the CPU sucks!!! Lol

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
BREAKING:
Single core GPU keeps up with quad core GPU. Riots everywhere.

More at 5.
You can see that CPU integer and floating-point performance are approximately double that of the dual-core Galaxy Nexus. The GPU in the Transformer Prime is supposedly 12-core, but it's apparent that this benchmarking utility wasn't designed to utilise multiple hardware threads in the GPU, instead using just one as it does with the GN (which has only one GPU core). While it may not be completely reasonable to expect a full twelve-fold increase over a single-core GPU at a comparable clock rate, it'll be better than the one-to-one parity with the Galaxy Nexus's single GPU that this benchmark reports.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You can see that CPU integer and floating-point performance are approximately double that of the dual-core Galaxy Nexus. The GPU in the Transformer Prime is supposedly 12-core, but it's apparent that this benchmarking utility wasn't designed to utilise multiple hardware threads in the GPU, instead using just one as it does with the GN (which has only one GPU core). While it may not be completely reasonable to expect a full twelve-fold increase over a single-core GPU at a comparable clock rate, it'll be better than the one-to-one parity with the Galaxy Nexus's single GPU that this benchmark reports.

actually the reason all the gpu scores are the same is because they all hit they 30fps frame rate cap that is present in android while rendering the benchmark scenes

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It beat the s2 so that must be a good sign especially since it has a better screen and that usually messes with benchmarks

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
A lot of people never took into consideration that the GPU wasn't just clocked higher, but fed by dual channel ram. That is not the case with the Exynos, I do not think.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Nah. Quadrant, and Nenamark hit over that regularly.

Speaking of quadrant, I saw on another forum that the G-nex runs a 1700. I never knew quadrant varied THAT much. Thats half of what a gs2 is capable of putting up yet this test ranks them as the nexus having a slight edge overall. NOT COMPLAINING, just saying, Quadrant seems to be referred to alot in reviews i read and thats a serious difference vs what were seeing here on Antutu.

EDIT: sorry, heres the link to the video. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus/178069-galaxy-nexus-gets-quadrant-benchmarked.html

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of quadrant, I saw on another forum that the G-nex runs a 1700. I never knew quadrant varied THAT much. Thats half of what a gs2 is capable of putting up yet this test ranks them as the nexus having a slight edge overall. NOT COMPLAINING, just saying, Quadrant seems to be referred to alot in reviews i read and thats a serious difference vs what were seeing here on Antutu.

EDIT: sorry, heres the link to the video. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus/178069-galaxy-nexus-gets-quadrant-benchmarked.html

It hasn't been released yet, so quadrant hasn't been updated for it. (yes, it matters)

That, and the screen resolution mean quadrant is useless because it weights resolution really heavily.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't been released yet, so quadrant hasn't been updated for it. (yes, it matters)

That, and the screen resolution mean quadrant is useless because it weights resolution really heavily.

Thanks for explaining that. I was not aware the software had to be updated to test the phone properly. I am happy however that the Nexus scored right up with the Gs2 with a proper test since thats the slickest/smoothest phone ive used yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol