$289 at Costco [leak]

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I just bought (and returned) a Bionic so I can answer some of the questions:

1) Unlimited data continues if you buy from Costco, just like buying from VZW. Even if you move up from 3G to 4G!

2) Return policy is the same as VZW: 14d

3) Exchange policy is 90 days with no restocking fee! Most kiosks say you have to exchange to the same model phone and have to have issues with your current phone to make the exchange. However, many people exchange up, meaning from older model to newer model phone if within 90 days. That's a nice bonus.

4) If you buy at Costco warehouse, tax is only on actual price you paid. If you buy on line with costco.com, tax is on retail price (about $650 we are all guessing).

5) Most of the time Costco offers a nice bundle either for free or for a few dollars more. The Bionic bundle was awesome and included about 8 things (also the same bundle if you ordered on line at costco.com). It was for the $299 retail price. Others were finding the Bionic for $250 on line at various on line stores so costco wasn't the cheapest BUT they had an amazing bundle. Not sure if GN will have a bundle but I would love to have it (had a spare battery, desk charger, holster and screen protector, car mount, wall charger, travel charger...).

I think we will try to get the GN at Costco locally again. It took serious hunting because they only got 6 or 8 Bionics per store initially, which meant camping out for a few hours on days 1 and 2 and 3. That was stupid and a waste of my poor DH's time. I hope the GN will be stocked better and will be less chaotic. I think the BIonic lost a lot of sales by limiting supply like that, and now it's a "has been"phone with many new devices with better specs...

Katherine

Reactions: scotty_pimmpen

dapercy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought (and returned) a Bionic so I can answer some of the questions:

1) Unlimited data continues if you buy from Costco, just like buying from VZW. Even if you move up from 3G to 4G!

2) Return policy is the same as VZW: 14d

3) Exchange policy is 90 days with no restocking fee! Most kiosks say you have to exchange to the same model phone and have to have issues with your current phone to make the exchange. However, many people exchange up, meaning from older model to newer model phone if within 90 days. That's a nice bonus.

4) If you buy at Costco warehouse, tax is only on actual price you paid. If you buy on line with costco.com, tax is on retail price (about $650 we are all guessing).

5) Most of the time Costco offers a nice bundle either for free or for a few dollars more. The Bionic bundle was awesome and included about 8 things (also the same bundle if you ordered on line at costco.com). It was for the $299 retail price. Others were finding the Bionic for $250 on line at various on line stores so costco wasn't the cheapest BUT they had an amazing bundle. Not sure if GN will have a bundle but I would love to have it (had a spare battery, desk charger, holster and screen protector, car mount, wall charger, travel charger...).

I think we will try to get the GN at Costco locally again. It took serious hunting because they only got 6 or 8 Bionics per store initially, which meant camping out for a few hours on days 1 and 2 and 3. That was stupid and a waste of my poor DH's time. I hope the GN will be stocked better and will be less chaotic. I think the BIonic lost a lot of sales by limiting supply like that, and now it's a "has been"phone with many new devices with better specs...

Katherine

You know much, any idea if costco will honor annual upgrades?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
When I got my bionic at Costco on launch day they said that they expect them via FedEx at any moment. They took my name and called about an hour later to say it is waiting for me. Very easy but I think they were only willing to hold it about an hour.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone bought from BJs? How was that experience? No local costco, but our bjs has a Verizon counter and its always pretty busy. I, myself, have only bought from the "real" Verizon store but if bjs has a deal, I would consider it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

DavePDX

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
From the chart in droid1294's link it indicates 32 GB of internal memory. :)

I visited my local Costco on Wednesday and the rep I spoke to indicated that many, many people had been asking about this phone unlike prior Nexus releases. I think I will be in line early.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I am never getting a phone from the verizon store again they charge full price on the tax and if you pay cash then return the phone they take forever to cut you a check.When i returned my Bionic on 10/22 i still havent got my check yet so im not getting a new phone until i get my money.On the verizon web sight it says 7 weeks for a check so if it doesn't come by then 10/9 im raising hell.:-$

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
AC... helping Costco get new members every release..

its truly a great place to buy a device even though I always say support your local stores their bundles are... compelling.

Their bionic bundle was amazing.. FREE car charger, car dock, desktop dock, extra battery with extra battery charger that also will charge the phone... and the craptacular screen protector/holster case.

I feel kinda bad but I'll be getting my wife's nexus there on the same upgrade I used for a thunderbolt/charge/bionic lol 90 dayssssss hoooooo! Ok yes I'm a terrible person.

Manny83

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
They don't honor the loyalty discount, do they? Used to be called New Every Two credit. And used to be $100 off instead of just $30 off. Anyone know? Thanks.

ThePsychicSaw

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Costco isnt supposed to do annual upgrades
Costco isnt supposed to do 90 exchanges for DIFFERENT models

Use your own morality to abuse systems if you'd like at the expense of someone
not knowing/upholding the terms of their own place of employment :-X

Reactions: tx_tuff

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Costco isnt supposed to do annual upgrades
Costco isnt supposed to do 90 exchanges for DIFFERENT models

Use your own morality to abuse systems if you'd like at the expense of someone
not knowing/upholding the terms of their own place of employment :-X

What? I don't think anyone said anything about one year contracts. Also, I thought the 90 day return policy was for "any" reason and didn't have to be for the same model.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What? I don't think anyone said anything about one year contracts. Also, I thought the 90 day return policy was for "any" reason and didn't have to be for the same model.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It seems like different costcos have different ways of thinking. My costco, all 3 guys said we can exchange to a different model if we dont like it.. yet, they might convince you to get just an even exchange, say this wasnt what you expected..

I heard someone look up exchanges through the website or paperwork and it said any model.. so if they give u a problem call up customer service.

docrob123

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It seems like different costcos have different ways of thinking. My costco, all 3 guys said we can exchange to a different model if we dont like it.. yet, they might convince you to get just an even exchange, say this wasnt what you expected..

I heard someone look up exchanges through the website or paperwork and it said any model.. so if they give u a problem call up customer service.

At the Costco I use, the person at the kiosk also said I can exchange for ANY phone in the 90 day period. He even said if there is a phone and it comes down in price and I decide I want it, no problem. I just got the Bionic for $89 but I had my eye on the Razr which was $229.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just grabbed the Nexus from Amazon Wireless for $99. (Also got my wife the non-Maxx RAZR for $69) Should be here Wednesday!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87