I'm buying a Nexus...

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sick of those its not this and its not that threads, so here is my statement.

My nexus wont have a:

Tegra 3 or Quad Core
2GB ram
Super AMOLED plus Screen
Huge battery
Mali GPU
SD card
Bluetooth 4.0
Gorilla Glass
12MP camera

I'm Pefectly fine with all of that. I know that Google and Samsung took the best avalible Cpu-Gpu combo and that the device and OS are perfectly tuned for each other. There only seem to be a few of us here on any of these forums that know that a setup that is tuned special for eachother will out perform and have higher efficiency then a device that has all the biggest baddest parts thrown at it. ICS is not made just for the Nexus, its made for the future of android and while other devices will run it, none will run it as well as the Nexus will. None will update as often as the Nexus will.

The Nexus isn't paving the way for hardware... it is paving the way for software. There's a reason why the two best updating devices of now are not the biggest baddest devices (Nexus series and the iPhone).

I'm looking forward to the devices whenever it lands and It will be the first long term device ill I've since the Droid 1. I hope everyone else who feels as I do will post in here..

Reactions: kajii and elvisgp

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I never cared about the specs that much after I found out it doesn't matter as much for what I do with the phone. The software is the key. I've noticed that the manufactures overlays or skins, whatever they are; try to mimic IOS in some ways for the user experience.

ICS is starting to catch up and, it's getting to the point were we won't need OEM skins anymore. I've heard about the Razr & Rezound getting ICS soon but, that doesn't mean anything to me if they install their overlay and ,take over the whole OS, basically hiding everything I like about it.

There are some things I like about the skins and, wouldn't mind them incorporating them but, their arrogance seems to make them want to take over completely. They change the dock, icons, app launcher, everything and, put what they deem the user may like. I can't stand it and, want pure Android ICS.

Reactions: elvisgp

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
We have gotten to a point where we have become obsessed with specs. I will be honest, specs are nice to read about, but what counts is the user experience. I owned a Nexus S 4G and it felt faster than most of the other phones that seems to out spec it. I will say the same thing about the camera. The 5 MP camera in the Nexus S was better than most of the 8 MP cameras I had used on other smartphones. ICS seems to be the biggest OS upgrade Android has put out yet and I am sure it will be awesome. I think that people need to hold off on the criticisms until they actually get a chance to play with the phone. I think that the experience will blow them away.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Preach2k

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It really just comes down to what each individual wants, combined with their expectations. Sometimes both are unrealistic. For me personally, this is THE device I've been waiting for.

Although I know it's unfounded, I feel anxious waiting for it. Logically I shouldn't feel that way... but emotions are not often logical. I expect to feel a blanket of calm settle over me once I have a receipt of purchase for my dearly beloved, Galaxy Nexus.

*customized tapatalk signature*

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy the overall mood of the forum has changed to posts more along the lines of this one. The constant complaining about a phone that most of us haven't even gotten a chance to play with yet was getting old.

Specs are a rough indicator of the capable performance of something. That's always been the case and it doesn't just apply to electronics or phones. What's always mattered more was how/what the software did with that hardware. That is why to this day my Nexus S 4G, when held next to a Droid Bionic and actually used, is a "faster" phone. And I don't care what the specs say because all the matters is that day to day use is faster.

The same will hold true for the Galaxy Nexus over the next year or more.

I'm not buying a GN though :) cuz i won one from AC! but i would be if that wasn't the case!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy the overall mood of the forum has changed to posts more along the lines of this one. The constant complaining about a phone that most of us haven't even gotten a chance to play with yet was getting old.

Specs are a rough indicator of the capable performance of something. That's always been the case and it doesn't just apply to electronics or phones. What's always mattered more was how/what the software did with that hardware. That is why to this day my Nexus S 4G, when held next to a Droid Bionic and actually used, is a "faster" phone. And I don't care what the specs say because all the matters is that day to day use is faster.

The same will hold true for the Galaxy Nexus over the next year or more.

I'm not buying a GN though :) cuz i won one from AC! but i would be if that wasn't the case!

You won one! congrats, that's awesome!! :)

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go with the Nexus also. I've been holding out for the longest, I like the specs given thus far, and believe this will be the phone for me. Of course, I will still wait until it's out and there are some credible reviews available before making a final decision.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know when the release date is and pricing. If the phone is supposed to launch this month you would think that this information would be available. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Add this to the List....

I just sold my thunderbolt because I was sick of sense and the radio issues... the rezound wouldn't be for me..

I played with a razr yesterday, and the slogan should be 'impossibly thin, impossibly wide'. I have never had an issue reaching from one side of phone to another.. I don't have huge hands but my fingers are big "or so my wife says ;-)" and it was an issue for me. It feels awkward to hold and it it looks like a big flat slab.. even the GSII ET4G has a nice appearance to it. Needless to say I was ultra disappointed.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
While I did LOVE the RAZR, my inner geek is too strong and I really want a pure Android phone so it looks like I'll be picking up the Nexus as well. I never really minded Blur and it's really not bad at all on the RAZR so it'll be interesting to see how stock Android compares. The fast update time will also be a huge plus.

I played with a razr yesterday, and the slogan should be 'impossibly thin, impossibly wide'. I have never had an issue reaching from one side of phone to another.. I don't have huge hands but my fingers are big "or so my wife says ;-)" and it was an issue for me. It feels awkward to hold and it it looks like a big flat slab.. even the GSII ET4G has a nice appearance to it. Needless to say I was ultra disappointed.

I don't know if you realize this, but the Galaxy Nexus is only .04" thinner width-wise than the RAZR, so hopefully you don't have the same problem.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
While I did LOVE the RAZR, my inner geek is too strong and I really want a pure Android phone so it looks like I'll be picking up the Nexus as well. I never really minded Blur and it's really not bad at all on the RAZR so it'll be interesting to see how stock Android compares. The fast update time will also be a huge plus.

I don't know if you realize this, but the Galaxy Nexus is only .04" thinner width-wise than the RAZR, so hopefully you don't have the same problem.

That's what everyone seems to forget that the nexus isn't that much thinner width wise compared to the razr. Will be interesting to see those who say the razr is too wide, how they justify a very similar width with the nexus.

phantomash

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That's what everyone seems to forget that the nexus isn't that much thinner width wise compared to the razr. Will be interesting to see those who say the razr is too wide, how they justify a very similar width with the nexus.

The curves/ergonomics of gnex will make it less awkward to hold. On the razr it was too blocky and it makes it hard to hold.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The curves/ergonomics of gnex will make it less awkward to hold. On the razr it was too blocky and it makes it hard to hold.

I agree, just from the looks of the razr it looked blocky. i think if they would have made it more rounded instead of blocky it wouldn't feel as large to hold for some. Atleast the designs are changing for the better and hopefully moto keeps making the devices thin and can make future devices less wide.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus just looks sexier than the Razr. I know that the Razr is supposed to be the thinnest device but it does look a little blocky around the corners. And I don't like the hump on the back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes