Galaxy Nexus Bootup. Quick!

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Didnt see this posted. Forgive me if it is. Posted by P3Droid. 37 seconds looks awesome to me.

Something else i noticed is that when the phone is sitting next to the Bionic, They look to be about the same height? Could this be the LTE version were looking at? He also just happens to stop the video before the carrier comes up. Pretty sneaky! Any observations anyone?

Galaxy Nexus Boot up Timed - YouTube

Last edited:

40kal

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping boot time was quicker...my fascinatine boots in 37 secs. Doesn't matter I'm getting it regardless.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care how long the boot up time is, at least we get to see a pretty picture when it's booting up :)

Anything for me will be an improvement. My D1 runs fine but does not boot quick. Took around 45-50 seconds if i recall for the bionic when i had that. But i agree not a huge deal.

I was more so trying to point out that we might be getting an idea on how thick the LTE version will be, as it looks close to the Bionic if thats what were looking at. I don't know. Might be reaching here. I just want the phone.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Reboot time: 55.55 seconds for my CM7 Thunderbolt. It didn't even get off the white HTC screen before 37 seconds.
From Off: 46.87 seconds.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping boot time was quicker...my fascinatine boots in 37 secs. Doesn't matter I'm getting it regardless.

Wasn't his a cold boot...? Pull battery, wait, put in battery, start up? Not just power down power up? Or did I make that up...

VS910 4G Kangwich

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Wow.. and you're looking for better? As others have said, my BB Storm2 takes about 7 MINUTES to boot, I'm not going to know what to do with a phone that can boot up that quick. Hopefully I won't have to boot it up nearly as often as I have to with my BB!

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like my Storm 2 is a positive speed demon compared to some! As for throwing one at a burgler, they are heavy enough to do some damage!

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
You guys taking about your BB boot has me cracking up. Thanks you.

A little off topic, but when I picked up my Pre back in 2009 the sales rep was trying to push me into the BB. I said something like, "no, I really want that free hotspot on the Palm." And he tried to tell me the BB was the best phone in the store. I asked him what he thought about the Droid and he's said he wasn't impressed. My how times have changed!