Best case and screen protector?

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I started looking on ebay for screen protectors since that is a must for me. also for simple cases that they usually have on there for a couple of bucks.

Can't really find anything yet anybody find anything?

also what is the model number for the Verizon galaxy nexus?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i wish switcheasy would produce cases for android devices. they have the BEST cases period. best fit and finish, innovative designs, color selection, hands down.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I rock Invishield screen protector. And since the NExus is so sexy, i doubt i'll put a big case on it. Ill prob just use plain case

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've always been a no case just a screen protector guy. This phone i will probably put a case on as well since i'm not to familiar with the durability of current samsung phones.

Im probably going to see if Otterbox releases a commuter series for the Galaxy Nexus. If they do and it looks ok ill probably go with that. My job also requires a little more protection then it used to so i dont want to risk running with no case.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
is it just me or are otterbox cases the ugliest cases available? i understand the need to protect a phone/investment but, damn they just completely ruin the look of every phone i have ever seen them on.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got a tpu case off ebay. I know lots of ppl don't like these, but I love em. Easy on/off and little bulk. Shown next to my Charge. Hard to beat for 6 bucks. Now to wait for the thing to put in it.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
is it just me or are otterbox cases the ugliest cases available? i understand the need to protect a phone/investment but, damn they just completely ruin the look of every phone i have ever seen them on.

Your right, they are rather ugly. But ive witnessed some serious drops with a 3GS/Commuter setup and the phone was fine every time.

Id be open to different cases, but ill always default to an otterbox for protection alone. I got to see it on the phone to make a final decision. If it looks horrible, ill look for something else.

adp192

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
i looked at the related products on amazon and came across this product

Amazon.com: Samsung Google Nexus Prime i9250 ~ Grey Back Battery Cover Door Housung Case Plascia ~ Mobile Phone Repair Parts Replacement: Electronics

im not planning on buying it but I wish the phone's back cover has this design! it looks so good! i remember a similar design on P3droid's prototype photo sometime a month ago.

here's the picture : http://yfrog.com/nzuuxmj:tw1

Is that door metal or plastic? If it is Metal I will purchase it.

adp192

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Is that door metal or plastic? If it is Metal I will purchase it.

I have no idea, but I think it's plastic, I think that's what they meant by 'plascia'.

I also think the colour's a bit too light to look decent and if it is in fact plastic, I will assume the general feel won't be as good compared metal/ hyperskin. I have never used amazon before so I have no idea how I can ask the seller about this, but I will do my best to get an answer!

EDIT: I asked the seller and he said it is plastic

Last edited:

nate3382

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered one of those due to the cheap price and a good experience with Skinomi. Vzw Galaxy Nexus is SCH-I515.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I just ordered one also. Cant go wrong for $6ish shipped. This will be the first screen protector I have used, I haven't really had problems on my Droid Incredible with scratches but until I hear that this screen wont scratch easy, Ill give it a go

rich_r

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
i looked at the related products on amazon and came across this product

Amazon.com: Samsung Google Nexus Prime i9250 ~ Grey Back Battery Cover Door Housung Case Plascia ~ Mobile Phone Repair Parts Replacement: Electronics

im not planning on buying it but I wish the phone's back cover has this design! it looks so good! i remember a similar design on P3droid's prototype photo sometime a month ago.

here's the picture : http://yfrog.com/nzuuxmj:tw1

I'm not sure this will fit the Verizon LTE version -- it's rumored to be thicker HSPA+ version. I think I'll wait for accessories that clearly indicate compatibility with the Verizon version.

graywolf007

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll vouch for the Skinomi products, I used them on my Nexus One and Nexus S phone and they worked great. Just ordered one for when I get my Galaxy Nexus.

-Brett

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've always been a no case just a screen protector guy. This phone i will probably put a case on as well since i'm not to familiar with the durability of current samsung phones.

Im probably going to see if Otterbox releases a commuter series for the Galaxy Nexus. If they do and it looks ok ill probably go with that. My job also requires a little more protection then it used to so i dont want to risk running with no case.

Love your profile pic kca2000!! I miss Gustavo Fring already. GREEEAAAAT show. Maybe my favorite of all time.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
screen protectors are a total waste of money. I've dropped my incredible on gravel (and many other surfaces) and it's never gotten a scratch. It did shatter once when i accidentally dropped it off a roof, but a screen protector won't stop that.
I will, however, probably get a simple silicone case for my gnex, because all those drops have left plenty of dings on the plasticy parts of my dinc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar