Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best case and screen protector?

I started looking on ebay for screen protectors since that is a must for me. also for simple cases that they usually have on there for a couple of bucks.

Can't really find anything yet anybody find anything?

also what is the model number for the Verizon galaxy nexus?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Best case and screen protector?

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered one of those due to the cheap price and a good experience with Skinomi. Vzw Galaxy Nexus is SCH-I515.
    Thanked by 5:
    Preach2k likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

i wish switcheasy would produce cases for android devices. they have the BEST cases period. best fit and finish, innovative designs, color selection, hands down.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I rock Invishield screen protector. And since the NExus is so sexy, i doubt i'll put a big case on it. Ill prob just use plain case

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

I've always been a no case just a screen protector guy. This phone i will probably put a case on as well since i'm not to familiar with the durability of current samsung phones.

Im probably going to see if Otterbox releases a commuter series for the Galaxy Nexus. If they do and it looks ok ill probably go with that. My job also requires a little more protection then it used to so i dont want to risk running with no case.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

is it just me or are otterbox cases the ugliest cases available? i understand the need to protect a phone/investment but, damn they just completely ruin the look of every phone i have ever seen them on.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Hoping for some good color combinations for the Incipio Autocratic.

Quote Originally Posted by kvlt View Post
    Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just ordered one of those due to the cheap price and a good experience with Skinomi. Vzw Galaxy Nexus is SCH-I515.
    Yep used skinomi on 3 phones and it was $$#+%83 ing amazing

Sent from my ADR6400L

Just got a tpu case off ebay. I know lots of ppl don't like these, but I love em. Easy on/off and little bulk. Shown next to my Charge. Hard to beat for 6 bucks. Now to wait for the thing to put in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best case and screen protector?-p7290025.jpg  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    is it just me or are otterbox cases the ugliest cases available? i understand the need to protect a phone/investment but, damn they just completely ruin the look of every phone i have ever seen them on.
    Your right, they are rather ugly. But ive witnessed some serious drops with a 3GS/Commuter setup and the phone was fine every time.

Id be open to different cases, but ill always default to an otterbox for protection alone. I got to see it on the phone to make a final decision. If it looks horrible, ill look for something else.
    The Ironist IX likes this.

just got one too, hopefully its a good product

i looked at the related products on amazon and came across this product

Amazon.com: Samsung Google Nexus Prime i9250 ~ Grey Back Battery Cover Door Housung Case Plascia ~ Mobile Phone Repair Parts Replacement: Electronics

im not planning on buying it but I wish the phone's back cover has this design! it looks so good! i remember a similar design on P3droid's prototype photo sometime a month ago.

here's the picture :
    Last edited by adp192; 11-09-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adp192 View Post

Amazon.com: Samsung Google Nexus Prime i9250 ~ Grey Back Battery Cover Door Housung Case Plascia ~ Mobile Phone Repair Parts Replacement: Electronics

im not planning on buying it but I wish the phone's back cover has this design! it looks so good! i remember a similar design on P3droid's prototype photo sometime a month ago.

here's the picture :
    Is that door metal or plastic? If it is Metal I will purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Is that door metal or plastic? If it is Metal I will purchase it.
    I have no idea, but I think it's plastic, I think that's what they meant by 'plascia'.

I also think the colour's a bit too light to look decent and if it is in fact plastic, I will assume the general feel won't be as good compared metal/ hyperskin. I have never used amazon before so I have no idea how I can ask the seller about this, but I will do my best to get an answer!

EDIT: I asked the seller and he said it is plastic
    Last edited by adp192; 11-10-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this, I just ordered one also. Cant go wrong for $6ish shipped. This will be the first screen protector I have used, I haven't really had problems on my Droid Incredible with scratches but until I hear that this screen wont scratch easy, Ill give it a go
    kvlt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adp192 View Post

here's the picture :
    I'm not sure this will fit the Verizon LTE version -- it's rumored to be thicker HSPA+ version. I think I'll wait for accessories that clearly indicate compatibility with the Verizon version.
    D1andOnlyOmen likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rich_r View Post
    I'm not sure this will fit the Verizon LTE version -- it's rumored to be thicker HSPA+ version. I think I'll wait for accessories that clearly indicate compatibility with the Verizon version.
    ding, ding, ding!!!!!!!

I'll vouch for the Skinomi products, I used them on my Nexus One and Nexus S phone and they worked great. Just ordered one for when I get my Galaxy Nexus.

-Brett

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    I've always been a no case just a screen protector guy. This phone i will probably put a case on as well since i'm not to familiar with the durability of current samsung phones.

Im probably going to see if Otterbox releases a commuter series for the Galaxy Nexus. If they do and it looks ok ill probably go with that. My job also requires a little more protection then it used to so i dont want to risk running with no case.
    Love your profile pic kca2000!! I miss Gustavo Fring already. GREEEAAAAT show. Maybe my favorite of all time.

ROM
    Stock+

screen protectors are a total waste of money. I've dropped my incredible on gravel (and many other surfaces) and it's never gotten a scratch. It did shatter once when i accidentally dropped it off a roof, but a screen protector won't stop that.
    I will, however, probably get a simple silicone case for my gnex, because all those drops have left plenty of dings on the plasticy parts of my dinc.

FOr all you guys that have used the Skinomi screen protectors before how does the screen look with them on?? I hate it when a screen protector really mutes the the colors and makes the screen look kinda dim esp. with how beautiful this screen should be.
    Also how do they do with glare from the sun??? Im looking at the steinheil ones too because Ive heard they dont dim the screen colors and have a nice anti glare effect outside. I also like that you install them dry but I know the dry ones dont last as long

The only screen protector Ive ever rocked was when I had my LG Dare and it was the pack I bought at the verizon store like 3 protectors for $10. Put the first one on and the colors on the screen lost all their vibrancy and 5 min later took it off and threw the other 2 away
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

Quote Originally Posted by goldkear View Post
    screen protectors are a total waste of money. I've dropped my incredible on gravel (and many other surfaces) and it's never gotten a scratch. It did shatter once when i accidentally dropped it off a roof, but a screen protector won't stop that.
    I will, however, probably get a simple silicone case for my gnex, because all those drops have left plenty of dings on the plasticy parts of my dinc.
    Which case?

Any that will allow you to put it in the Dock without removing the case?

^ No case will work with docks.

ROM
    AOKP M2

Seidio makes docks that will work with their cases...

Just ordered this Ditztronic TPU case off of Amazon for a dime under $10:
    Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Only a few reviews but they're all five stars, and the case is fit to the LTE version's measurements. (also works with GSM)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast