Operation *611 (option 4, then option 5) - lets bug Big Red!

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep, it is really crazy that they announced this phone a month ago and we still do not have a date. I know, if you are reading this forum then this is not news to you!

So what can we do? Dial *611 if you are a Verizon customer, press option 4 then option 5 and ask a customer service rep when the Galaxy Nexus will be out.

Rep I talked to tonight said he checked 3 different places and could not find a date. He directed me to verizonwireless.com/galaxynexus

I will call again tomorrow, and urge all of androidcentral readers to do the same!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Or how about take a chill pill. And not harass the operator. This no different then other phone you'll get a release data roughly a week before it goes on sale. Some times less. Announce on early Tuesday morning via online press release and go on sale Thursday. Phil will get a review unit sat and review and that Mon or Tues the embargo is lifted and hords of reviews hit the net. This nothing new and this isn't apple. So relax and enjoy a cold frosty.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
After the mass Twitter rants (Which did nothing) Now were going to start bugging actual people!?! Ridiculous!

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm with the others on this: Leave Britney Alone!!! Er I mean the CSRs... the reps usually know after we do and those in the know A) Aren't allowed to talk about it B) Get their inside knowledge from the same place as us.

You will never get a Product Owner or Project Manager when you call Verizon. And those are the type of roles that will have the information you seek. Instead, you get someone who has a script and follows it.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I work for VZW as a Tech rep and i can tell you that the company has not told us the release date. We generally find out about release dates at the same time as customers maybe a week before(sad i know and pisses me off). So constantly calling in isn't going to do anything but waste your time. I seriously find out more about upcoming devices from reading this site and other blogs than from the company.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
CSR's don't know anything. Go ahead waste your time you aren't going to get anything from someone who honestly does not know and is not given any info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci