Galaxy Nexus Shipped To Verizon

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Kind of piggy-backing on Phil's post, but I haven't seen it yet on these forums. On the main page, Phil posted a leaked photo from Samsung with a large amount of Galaxy Nexus phones being shipped to Verizon. Can't say for sure what that means, but it does feel like this is finally....FINALLY...coming to an end.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It would make sense for Verizon to put it out as soon as possible. With the holiday return policy in place putting it out and letting people buy the phone they want will minimize returns. All of the people buying Razrs and Rezounds are probably going to find out about the Galaxy Nexus before the January cut of date and are going to be interested.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...it's really not in VZW's interest at all to see high returns on Rezounds/RAZRs because people want "rentals" while waiting for the Nexus. At this point, I think the sooner the better.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, does anyone really think they would sit on inventory for an entire month (per latest mid-December rumors that are floating around)?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So, does anyone really think they would sit on inventory for an entire month (per latest mid-December rumors that are floating around)?

Only reason I can think they would sit on them was to increase their overall sales in both the Razr and Rezound figuring they will sell a ton of Nexus regardless.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I can think they would sit on them was to increase their overall sales in both the Razr and Rezound figuring they will sell a ton of Nexus regardless.

I read somewhere that the Razr has been a bust so far sales-wise. Is that actually the case? If so, it could effect the release date for the Nexus.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just wish vzw would give the csr's (call center and store's) an actual pre-order and release or shipped by date.
ohhh and a price.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

This is my thinking as well if they were to artificially delay a release for any reason. We know the hardware and software is ready, so unless there's a game breaking bug or some extensive testing going on, I can't think of any other hold up other than bottom line reasons.

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
hold on a sec.....didn't phil say yesterday he was hearing it was delayed and this morning droid-life confirmed his sources were saying the same thing? this is getting crazy, more twists and turns than a soap-opera

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Welll, lessee now...that shot has a quantity in the 'On Order' column.

Izzat a VZW screen or a Samsung screen?

No 'Shipped' column. No 'Received' column.

Mayhaps there's a '89 Chevy cargo van on I-80 headed east...

and there's a blizzard building in the Rockies!

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for a year from now when we are all waiting for the new phone coming out talking about the GN fiasco. Keeping in mind we are making it said fiasco. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance