Just maybe a release date. Nexus verizon

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
my educated (lol) guess is that there are very few people who know of a release date, or rather dates because its quite possible that there is no specific date, but potential dates in which the upper echelons of VZW will scream GREENLIGHT, OK GO!. From there, we'll see a press release and the web development/tech ops team will greenlight the stuff on their website; Call center employees will be able to process (pre)orders and stores may or may not have stock but will have the opportunity to look up the gnex SKUs and order them for you as well. this kind of scenario can come to fruition at any time starting now...

later on next week, inventory will arrive at local stores and we all can cream our pants on the way to our local store :)

I arrived at this scenario because we have absolutely no concrete evidence to suggest one single launch day or date other than "probably november, possibly december, maybe next week (week of 11/21)" you can also insert whatever reason you feel completes your circle as to why there is no firm launch date, such as "VZW is waiting to sell a specific number of RAZRs or Rezounds" or "the LTE chipset was found to have a bug that pushed the release back". All in all, it doesnt really matter because we're all going to mash the F5 button between yestermonth and the moment we actually see the damn thing as purchasable on VZW.com or in store. and those damn store clerks are in the exact same boat as us turns out - ill bet we could sell this phone 10x better than they can :)

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
My coworker's wife is a supervisor at a Verizon customer service call center. I know it's not an authoritative position, but he asked her about the Nexus and she said they haven't received any training on the phone yet.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
So, looks like Woz was at the Best Buy that I go to by my house trying to get his hands on a GNex. I should have gone there today instead of Fry's during my lunch break. I would have had a meta geek moment! :p

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My coworker's wife is a supervisor at a Verizon customer service call center. I know it's not an authoritative position, but he asked her about the Nexus and she said they haven't received any training on the phone yet.

I imagine training for this phone would be more extensive consider its a totally new os version....

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I imagine training for this phone would be more extensive consider its a totally new os version....

That's funny! All any Verizon sales person needs to be able to do is turn on the power button. That's pretty much the extent of their knowledge on all the phones..except to recommend that EVERYBODY needs to install ATK.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I really expected some news today. Pretty disappointing. 28th is fine, I would just love to see that confirmed somewhere.

Yeah, I thought this week we would hear something.

Well days gone and nothing.
Soooo what to do for the mean time.....

I'm looking at next week now. It's just another hoped for day gone by. I'll just keep watching hands-on vids and looking out for any reviews. I go to work tomorrow and, will be at work all weekend. Next week, hopefully we will have some news.

I'm a little hopeful for tomorrow but, I don't have a lot of faith that it will happen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm just not seeing next week yet without some sort of announcement this week. What a bummer.

Droid 3 had an announcement the day after preorders started. Similar happened with bionic. I dont understand why you think they have to announce something a week ahead. Remember they aren't going to push this so I can see it just showing up online on their site one day. But you being a pessimist would never see that.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Droid 3 had an announcement the day after preorders started. Similar happened with bionic. I dont understand why you think they have to announce something a week ahead. Remember they aren't going to push this so I can see it just showing up online on their site one day. But you being a pessimist would never see that.

Lol I'm a pessimist now? I want this phone to be out as much as anyone. I'd love to think it would appear in-stores tomorrow, but I want to manage my expectations so as to not lead myself to needless disappointment. I really hope it's the 21st, but I would think we'd know about it (stock showing up in stores, etc.) by tomorrow at the latest. Unfortunately, we haven't seen those indicators yet.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I thought this week we would hear something.

I'm looking at next week now. It's just another hoped for day gone by. I'll just keep watching hands-on vids and looking out for any reviews. I go to work tomorrow and, will be at work all weekend. Next week, hopefully we will have some news.

I'm a little hopeful for tomorrow but, I don't have a lot of faith that it will happen.

Yea. Well I guess ill do some Modding on my wife's rezound but no perm root yet. I guess bf3 will keep me busy over the weekend .

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll do my, "I called my local vzw" story. The dude I talked to on the phone told me no one asks much about the Galaxy Nexus. He checks his computer at the store every day for some type of updates and he gets nothing. But he hears nov 21st for a store release from other vzw workers. So that’s my "I called my local vzw" story.

BTW he was the store manager and its corporate

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll do my, "I called my local vzw" story. The dude I talked to on the phone told me no one asks much about the Galaxy Nexus. He checks his computer at the store every day for some type of updates and he gets nothing. But he hears nov 21st for a store release from other vzw workers. So that’s my "I called my local vzw" story.

BTW he was the store manager and its corporate

Yea 21st seems to be popping alot so hopefully cross out fingers with it. Plus I won't be broke then hahahahs stupid black Friday sales. My wife kills me

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
So, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a Verizon store rep at 31 Flavors last night. And the Verizon rep says that he heard from his store manager's mother's cousin who works at the corporate office that the Galaxy Nexus isn't coming out until late December.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a Verizon store rep at 31 Flavors last night. And the Verizon rep says that he heard from his store manager's mother's cousin who works at the corporate office that the Galaxy Nexus isn't coming out until late December.

This made me laugh mostly because that's what I heard too :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
everyone keeps bringing up the fact the stores dont have stock.. well what about the web only 21st rumor? why would the stores have stock this week if Verizon is launching it as web only atleast initialy.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
everyone keeps bringing up the fact the stores dont have stock.. well what about the web only 21st rumor? why would the stores have stock this week if Verizon is launching it as web only atleast initialy.

I know man............its Thunderdome, anything goes when it comes to these leaks. Waiting has been really difficult for me because my current phone is pretty much shot so every day I don't hear something I get more and more frustrated.