Connecting the Pieces

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm happy to join AC!

I've read plenty of rumors from AC and Droid Life, and I'm wondering why there's been no speculation on how the Nexus came to be revealed. There's no doubt that it will be released here in the US (knock on wood), but I'm trying to find out why Google lets Android become so fragmented and allows its major release to be a sloppy mess.

Originally, Samsung & Google planned to reveal the Nexus on a Tuesday some odd weeks ago, but the event was cancelled. It was rumored to be cancelled due to Steve Jobs' death.
When it was rescheduled, it was set to be revealed in South Korea. That immediately was a red flag to me, as it usually means the phone will be intended for an overseas release, not US. A product announcement can be post-poned, sure. But relocated to a different continent? Seems odd. (Yes I understand Samsung is a South Korean company.)

Which leads me to the next point, the phone is being released today in the UK. Now, how is a phone originally planned to be unveiled in the US, revealed in Asia, and then launched un Europe? Hmm. And how can Google be so tight lipped about the US release? You might think it's because Verizon controls the exact date and they must have their own announcement, but let's not forget that when HTC announced the Rezound, they gave us an exact date of Nov, 14. So what gives?

The only conclusions to be drawn here are that; A: Samsung stretched one announcement out over the globe in order to increase anticipation and decrease sales of competitor products, as they currently are the #1 selling manufacturer simply due to saturation of the market. B: Google is attempting to hype the latest and greatest from Android in possibly the most miserable way for the American consumers. C: Google and Samsung have no idea what they're doing and are screwing this up big time.

I doubt C, seeing as how these are billion dollar corporations and everything is well planned ahead of time. But I do feel that it is unjust to have an American company shaft its own biggest market considering that overseas markets already have handsets technologically well beyond our own.

I apologize for the length. If you made it to the end, thanks for reading.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It was Hong Kong and not South Korea. I think you're reading too much into things.

Have to agree. Predicting / analyzing Verizon "motives", etc is like doing it for a 5 year old. Things change at a moments notice, and none of anything they do makes much cohesive sense.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
How about a more plausible scenario.

D) Verizon is staying tight lipped about the Galaxy Nexus because Motorola(Big Red's highest selling manufacturer and savior) just dropped a new "super" phone on them and they're busy hyping the "Droid" brand. The decision to announce the phone is Verizon's and they're going to pander to the broader audience. Nobody cares about ICS like we do, they want Beats audio by Dr Dre and the "fastest" "thinnest" smart phone on the market(with the RAZR brand).

Let's try to remember that WE are the audience for the Galaxy Nexus. The general public doesn't know and probably doesn't care about it's existence. We want Stock ICS, timely updates, and NFC. Ask a standard Android user about these things and they have no clue. In the end it's all about money and VZW is putting theirs on the RAZR, while we're waiting to give ours away for a Galaxy Nexus.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How about a more plausible scenario.

D) Verizon is staying tight lipped about the Galaxy Nexus because Motorola(Big Red's highest selling manufacturer and savior) just dropped a new "super" phone on them and they're busy hyping the "Droid" brand. The decision to announce the phone is Verizon's and they're going to pander to the broader audience. Nobody cares about ICS like we do, they want Beats audio by Dr Dre and the "fastest" "thinnest" smart phone on the market(with the RAZR brand).

Let's try to remember that WE are the audience for the Galaxy Nexus. The general public doesn't know and probably doesn't care about it's existence. We want Stock ICS, timely updates, and NFC. Ask a standard Android user about these things and they have no clue. In the end it's all about money and VZW is putting theirs on the RAZR, while we're waiting to give ours away for a Galaxy Nexus.

I agree with you... Motorola has been Verizon's top selling manufacturer.. Just because some people do not like Motorola there a lot more who do. I actually like the built quality of Motorola but the software of Samsung it both was joined together it would be one Great phone. I am waiting for this phone to drop this week, next week, or next month I don't care I just want it in my hands. My Storm 1 had to be jump started this morning.:mad::(:'(

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." - Franklin

So, given the above premise, I'm going with this:

E) Nothing is certain. Even after a date is announced, it is not certain. Even after you hold the Galaxy Nexus in your hand for the very first time, it is not certain. Are you even certain you are who you think you are? Are you certain you're not just laying in a hospital bed in a coma, dreaming the entirety of your life as you know it?

Be certain to prepare yourselves to meet your maker one day. Oh, and pay your taxes too. Anything beyond that, is not certain. But a shiny new Galaxy Nexus would be a nice bonus. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma