Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Adrynalyne
  • 5 Post By Eric Kane
  • 1 Post By PJnc284
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    The Nexus has "how to" videos up on Google's youtube channel. Check out the Engadget link


    It has the Verizon logo and all.

    Edit: I might be late with this. Damn you guys are fast.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Really hoping this means that it'll be released soon.... I'm so sick of Windows Phone 7 and just want to come back to Android.
  3. #3  
    Adrynalyne's Avatar
    Account Deactivated

    Posts
    1,360 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Would have been more impressed if they were on Verizon's site.
    Thanked by:
    qnet likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scout_313 View Post
    Really hoping this means that it'll be released soon.... I'm so sick of Windows Phone 7 and just want to come back to Android.
    Just curious, what don't you like about it?
  5. #5  
    JoeUserTX's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    I like the NFC feature. Question: What is the range? Is it "Very Near Field", as it appeared that the phones in the video example were almost touching when they were demonstrating it?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    I wish I wasn't in a meeting right now so I can actually watch these videos.
  7. #7  
    qnet's Avatar

    Posts
    1,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    It looks like Verizon still managed to squeeze their logo on there. At least it's in the back and, I'll have a case on that.
  8. #8  
    obi5683's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    I like the NFC feature. Question: What is the range? Is it "Very Near Field", as it appeared that the phones in the video example were almost touching when they were demonstrating it?
    3cm.
  9. #9  
    jimbosi's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    It seems to me that the phone must be announced today, given the posting of the videos. There would be uproar (like there isn't now) if there was only silence from VZW. I expect it early this afternoon, with the announcement stating next week, perhaps Tuesday (to make room for Thanksgiving). FWIW.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    But for some reason, we still don't have one nor do we know when we can get one. So instead of "Ruling the Air", I'm "Ruling the choice to put my foot in Verizon's ***"
    kvlt, brinox, qnet and 2 others like this.
  11. #11  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,440 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    I see the difference between international and vzw nexi. The sim card is located in different locations. If Samsung was smart they could have added a SD card so sad.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  12. #12  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,440 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    Doesn't mean squat. They posted them videos because the nexi is officially released. Really don't see why there's 2 videos for set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbosi View Post
    It seems to me that the phone must be announced today, given the posting of the videos. There would be uproar (like there isn't now) if there was only silence from VZW. I expect it early this afternoon, with the announcement stating next week, perhaps Tuesday (to make room for Thanksgiving). FWIW.


    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    I can't believe Backup Assistant made it into the build. *sigh*
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman0803 View Post
    I can't believe Backup Assistant made it into the build. *sigh*
    I've been on Verizon for nearly 8 years. I can't believe they ONLY included Backup Assistant and My Verizon.
    Seriously, we dodged Let's Gold 2, VZ Navigator, City ID, Amazon MP3, Blockbuster, Bing (as if Google would allow it, but still), and Visual Voicemail. And I know I'm missing a few others.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I've been on Verizon for nearly 8 years. I can't believe they ONLY included Backup Assistant and My Verizon.
    Seriously, we dodged Let's Gold 2, VZ Navigator, City ID, Amazon MP3, Blockbuster, Bing (as if Google would allow it, but still), and Visual Voicemail. And I know I'm missing a few others.
    My Verizon made it on too, but I don't mind that one because I actually use it. I don't like Backup Assistant because I find it redundant on an Android (or any smartphone for that matter) device.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman0803 View Post
    My Verizon made it on too, but I don't mind that one because I actually use it. I don't like Backup Assistant because I find it redundant on an Android (or any smartphone for that matter) device.
    Well for better or worse, that's probably why it will continue to be on every Verizon phone. People move from feature phones to smartphones everyday. Not everyone is on a smartphone yet.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    Well for better or worse, that's probably why it will continue to be on every Verizon phone. People move from feature phones to smartphones everyday. Not everyone is on a smartphone yet.
    It's not like you can't get those apps from the market. No need force them on people who have no need for them.
    Iceman0803 likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    Well for better or worse, that's probably why it will continue to be on every Verizon phone. People move from feature phones to smartphones everyday. Not everyone is on a smartphone yet.
    I totally agree that there is a need for them for some people. I just don't see the need for them to be baked into the software is all.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Maybe google posting all these videos and showing the clear Verizon logo and the Verizon apps on the phone is googles way of telling vow to hurry it up. They will make tons of sales in the UK and other international markets but if I'm a google exec i can't be too excited that the country my company is headquartered doesn't have the phone out, and when people keep asking in interviews all they can say is "soon" or "this year"
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbosi View Post
    It seems to me that the phone must be announced today, given the posting of the videos. There would be uproar (like there isn't now) if there was only silence from VZW. I expect it early this afternoon, with the announcement stating next week, perhaps Tuesday (to make room for Thanksgiving). FWIW.
    Doubt it. Verizon usually makes announcements like that early in the morning. I think if anything, we get an announcement next week.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Verizon Nexus "How To" Videos Up!

    Not sure who is supposed to be the primary source of info for this phone. For example you can go to the google.com/nexus site and read the user manual so..... maybe info will be coming from multiple sources ?

Posting Permissions

B