Scratch proof screen..

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
there's another video with someone attempting to kill the screen with a razor blade... not too shabby

I'd like to see that one. Something like a razor blade would be more likely to scratch it than a thick key. Usually the thinner an object is the more likely it would scratch glass. Something like a safety pin or a push pin would scratch glass easier than a key.

As an aside, there are now 3 threads in this forum that mentions razors. What's up with that?

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
yea i carry razor blades in my pockets with push pins and safety pins ALL THE TIME. I like to do voo doo while cutting myself, just a typical thursday, no biggie.

get real people, the screen is amazing gorilla glass or not.

Reactions: solido888

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
yea i carry razor blades in my pockets with push pins and safety pins ALL THE TIME. I like to do voo doo while cutting myself, just a typical thursday, no biggie.

How about that one tiny grain of sand that ends up in your pocket? It happens, unless you are a computer geek working in a sterile environment.

Tiny grain of sand > Galaxy Nexus screen.

Reactions: flashpiti

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I would just like to see the razor blade one. I plan on carrying it in my pocket with the holster that Verizon sells that puts the screen toward the holster anyway so I'm not worried about it not having the brand Gorilla Glass.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
How about that one tiny grain of sand that ends up in your pocket? It happens, unless you are a computer geek working in a sterile environment.

Tiny grain of sand > Galaxy Nexus screen.

well, seeing as how i live literally 8 blocks from the pacific ocean and surf 3-5 times a week i would say it will happen more often then not. But, gorilla glass or not, my screen will end up with small scratches if i continuously present it in an environment where it is subjected to sand. That goes for gorilla glass as well, which was my previous phone.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, keys rarely scratch screens. I have seen the same scratch test on the Incredible and have tried to scratch my own screen with my keys. Stuff like sand is almost always what causes small scratches on screens. Either way, I won't use a screen protector. I can deal with really small scratches anyways and I hardly notice them unless the screen is off and I'm trying to see them.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
well, seeing as how i live literally 8 blocks from the pacific ocean and surf 3-5 times a week i would say it will happen more often then not. But, gorilla glass or not, my screen will end up with small scratches if i continuously present it in an environment where it is subjected to sand. That goes for gorilla glass as well, which was my previous phone.

Even if you do not subject it to that sort of environment...a miniscule piece of sand can be in the wind. You could accidently swipe to unlock your device and its under your finger.

Scratch heaven. Can it not happen? Sure. Is it likely to happen? Very.

My point at the end of the day is, its still better to have a screen protector. Beats cleaning the screen and hands every single time you use the device.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, keys rarely scratch screens. I have seen the same scratch test on the Incredible and have tried to scratch my own screen with my keys. Stuff like sand is almost always what causes small scratches on screens. Either way, I won't use a screen protector. I can deal with really small scratches anyways and I hardly notice them unless the screen is off and I'm trying to see them.
I'm with you. I don't use screen protectors, or cases (they are just a way to trap dirt against your screen!). I put my phone in my front pocket by itself and my money and keys in the other pocket. My Palm Pre Plus has a plastic screen and after 23 months of hard use it still looks fine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair