Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Just left verizon.. Gave me a date

Okay, so take this how you will. I made up my mind today that I was sick of my charge, and that I was going to verizon after work and getting the RAZR to hold me over until the Nexus.

While talking to the sales guy, I said I was debating on either this (razr) or the Rezound. He gave me the details on both, even though I knew them already. I then told him that I've been reading about this Nexus phone, and asked if he knew when that was coming out. He told me to wait a minute, and he was going to go look it up on the computer. He came back a minute later and said, OK look, since you're semi interested in the nexus I'm going to just tell you to wait, because it looks like in the computer we are going to be getting them in on the 21st.

He said nobody really ever comes in and asks about the Nexus, and they really don't even want us to talk about it. So needless to say, here I am, still on my charge, hoping this guy wasn't full of bs. It's not like he said rumor has it, or I think, he said I am seeing we will be getting it next week. I asked him about the promos for it as well, and he said the day or night before will be it. This is a pretty big verizon store in NJ

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock on most

Default Re: Just left verizon.. Gave me a date

Don't you just want to climb over the counter and look in the computer for them? lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Lol yes.. But why would he tell me that when I was ready to give them my money for the razr

JRZLocal and Premium1 like this.

the 21st keeps coming up from all kinds of directions.. I am really going to hope for it to be the launch day.. after the 21st I guess any time before December would be nice.

If true, they'll have to announce that tomorrow.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Why? They don't have to announce anything, just put it up for sale.
    Premium1 likes this.

Yet another dumb rumor.

There are plenty of VZW employees that woukd take a picture of the screen and send it to droid life, AC.. Etc...

But there isn't so.. There you go

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Not really. The droid 3 preorders launched without an announcement, not to mention they already announced the nexus just no release date. They most likely won't say anything and it will just show up on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
    Yet another dumb rumor.

There are plenty of VZW employees that woukd take a picture of the screen and send it to droid life, AC.. Etc...

The only thing is most people that don't visit sites like these have no idea of the nexus. They know less than you and I and most probably do not care enough to do that, they just are in it for the paycheck.

Any idea on a rumored price?

Quote Originally Posted by SCampbell27 View Post
    Any idea on a rumored price?
    $299 on ~$650 full retail( since that is what the other dual core lte (razr/rezound are priced)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

How many verizon employees do you actually think frequent sites like this? My guess is going to be not many at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
    Yet another dumb rumor.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I guess we will know Monday, if it's true or not. Monday is actually better for me because, I'm off during the week.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

my local verizon store employees keep telling me that don't know when the nexus is gonna "hit". When i mentioned ice cream sandwich, one of them said, "what is that?"

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by mripirate View Post
    my local verizon store employees keep telling me that don't know when the nexus is gonna "hit". When i mentioned ice cream sandwich, one of them said, "what is that?"
    Ha...I had a guy last week go "that's a tablet, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    $299 on ~$650 full retail( since that is what the other dual core lte (razr/rezound are priced)

Thank you for the response.

I had a Verizon customer service lady tell me last night that she has had training/watched videos on the nexus, but its not in their new device info screen. Said its coming, but everything other than the iphone shows up in there a week or two before release.

So who's right..this Verizon lady, your guy who said 21st, the salesman a month ago that said 14th, twitter leak ers that said 7th or 10th etc etc

Point is, I don't think anyone knows yet. And if they do, they ain't ready to say anything. I want it as much as you, and my Razr rental is up on the 30th (not trying to screw Verizon, my phone broke and I needed it in the AM for work, customer service suggested trying it and returning to the D2 coming in the mail if nexus isnt out yet) but rumors/crying/emails etc ain't making it come any faster
    Thanked by:
    ManBearPig618 likes this.

Not saying it makes it true, but comparing a phone call to customer service to a visit to the store doesnt work. One wants to sell you the phone; the other is trained to be as vague as possible.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

I spoke with two different Verizon stores tonight and neither had a clue on when they would get stock of them and start selling them. The second store I spoke with knew what I was talking about because hes waiting on the Nexus to upgrade his phone too. So Its looking like it wont be Monday. Wish it was though. Im ready to own one myself

ROM
    Android Revolution Hd

The only thing is most people that don't visit sites like these have no idea of the nexus. They know less than you and I and most probably do not care enough to do that, they just are in it for the paycheck.
    Yes, another reason to hope it will be out Monday.

I really doubt that if it were actually in their computers it wouldn't have leaked yet. I'm sure the employees are trained to keep any unannounced info under wraps, but someone somewhere is bound to leak the info when it becomes available. I don't see this phone launching the same day it's announced for Verizon but I'm hoping for preorders to start either tomorrow or Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsckane View Post
    Not saying it makes it true, but comparing a phone call to customer service to a visit to the store doesnt work. One wants to sell you the phone; the other is trained to be as vague as possible.

Fair enough. We did have a decent conversation though. She loved android, and enjoyed talking about it. Wasn't vague, in fact she talked me into letting them send me a D2 replacement in case Nexus wasn't released before the 14 day worry free was up (I was trying to save them money under the circumstances even though it was motos warranty replacement). I understand what you're saying. My point still stands though. Your going to get all kinds of different answers from VZW employees right now. Legitimately clueless, rumor spreading, politically talking around the question, sales talk selling other phones etc. You may get a true answer, probably won't. Even if you do, you'll never know until its released/announced. We all want it, grasping for straws and spreading rumors is just making this all worse.

The big question now is..was this all planned/discussed with Google before hand? Is there a snowballs chance in #%%# Google will allow vzw another nexus? Seems to me if you really want nexus devices in the future, signing 2 years with vzw is a garuntee to pay an etf in 12 months

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

I stopped by a Verizon store at the train station while waiting for the commuter train. Asked the sales lady if she could tell me anything about the Nexus and she immediately looked down and said no and began to laugh. I took that as a hint that we will probably know something soon enough, especially considering the sales people tend to be the last to know about new phones and usually when they hear about them they are coming out very soon.

I was actually about to get a Rezound yesterday and exchange it for the Nexus, but then I saw more stuff about the Nexus coming out next week and decided to just wait and see what happens.
    Premium1 likes this.

While most employees obviously don't visit sites like these, all it takes is one. Just one employee that has the info to send it to AC. That's why I don't think there's anything in their computers. We would have seen it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore09 View Post
    While most employees obviously don't visit sites like these, all it takes is one. Just one employee that has the info to send it to AC. That's why I don't think there's anything in their computers. We would have seen it by now.
    So that 1 employee that may read this site is going to risk their job for a computer screen shot? I doubt that. Plus we saw things from the computers about dates yet nobody wanted to believe any of them. Multiple things said the 21st the dates before were all pretty much just what a so called source said with no proof to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by johnglad View Post
    Okay, so take this how you will. I made up my mind today that I was sick of my charge, and that I was going to verizon after work and getting the RAZR to hold me over until the Nexus.

While talking to the sales guy, I said I was debating on either this (razr) or the Rezound. He gave me the details on both, even though I knew them already. I then told him that I've been reading about this Nexus phone, and asked if he knew when that was coming out. He told me to wait a minute, and he was going to go look it up on the computer. He came back a minute later and said, OK look, since you're semi interested in the nexus I'm going to just tell you to wait, because it looks like in the computer we are going to be getting them in on the 21st.

He said nobody really ever comes in and asks about the Nexus, and they really don't even want us to talk about it. So needless to say, here I am, still on my charge, hoping this guy wasn't full of bs. It's not like he said rumor has it, or I think, he said I am seeing we will be getting it next week. I asked him about the promos for it as well, and he said the day or night before will be it. This is a pretty big verizon store in NJ

Yep.. I had a similar experience at the mall tonight.. At a kiosk I was checking out the Razr and I asked a few questions about the car dock.. The sales guy told me to wait till next week and id be happy I did.. I asked him if he was talking about the samsung phone.. He just smiled and laughed and said you'll have to wait and see..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast