11/21/2011: VZW Nexus (Unconfirmed)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I welcome you to show me a Verizon funded one. I've not seen one myself.

iPhone commercial. iPhone, only.

I seen a Verizon one yesterday, a bunch of people floating in the water, all holding iPhones over their heads. Only one could make a phone call to save everybody, because he was on Verizon network.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought the "w/o" wasnt meaning "web only" but "week of".
I could see where it might be released the "week of" the 21st , but being released on the Actual day of the 21st(Monday) looks doubtful at this point in time .

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I say if there's no official announcement today then there's no chance Monday unless Verizon does press releases over the weekend. I don't think I ever seen that happen before. But like the OP said, this is all very unusual.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Not to be a stickler for the rules, but as a developer with over 15 years experience...it should read:

preorder != launch

There, I feel better. I'm sure your compiler would have caught that anyway. ;)

-me

Epinephrine types too fast for his own good ;)

(Yes, I made an Adrenaline joke :p Adrenaline is the brand name for epinephrine, a neurotransmitter released during fight-or-flight response otherwise known as sympathetic nervous system. General response is dilated pupils and rapid heart rate)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I say if there's no official announcement today then there's no chance Monday unless Verizon does press releases over the weekend. I don't think I ever seen that happen before. But like the OP said, this is all very unusual.

Why does there have to be a press release?

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This is from a UK article.
This could mean Europe. This was published yesterday and it may be true, but it's not a solid source.

If this device has no HSPA / LTE hybrid, most likely the article doesn't mean its the LTE Europe launch. Samsung only makes CDMA/LTE if I'm correct (which can only be used in Korea, Japan, China and the US)

I'm a Stockholm local, and LTE here isn't used for phones but for wireless broadband! (Due to lack of HSPA/LTE hybrid phones)

kk4df

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
According to him, they do have the stock available. Is it at the stores yet? No. It really is just a matter of if the Nexus is going to be counter-productive against all the marketing they've put forth with the Razr and Rezound.

I think folks who are waiting for the GNex will not get RAZR, no matter how long the delay. And the "masses" who would be happy with a RAZR (or an iPhone) won't switch either. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DroidX on MIUI

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think folks who are waiting for the GNex will not get RAZR, no matter how long the delay. And the "masses" who would be happy with a RAZR (or an iPhone) won't switch either. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DroidX on MIUI

I have the razr now, if the nexus comes out before Friday I plan on switching. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk