Storage at 32GB or 16GB for Verizon?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So I have seen leaks and leaks of pricing being at the $299.99 range, but nothing about it being below that. This brings up a question:

Samsung designed a 16GB and 32GB version of the Galaxy Nexus. Is Verizon going to release both versions or only a 32GB version for the Galaxy Nexus? I was looking forward to saving some money and purchasing the 16GB version since I mostly use cloud storage now that LTE is available in my area and I still have unlimited data.

What do you all think? Or.... has this already been announced?

EDIT:

Forum user eikphoto has pointed out that the Galaxy Nexus website states only a 16GB version:

Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Question about storage...

It looks like they will just have a 32gb. I was in the same boat since I am paying full retail and was looking to save some money since I don't load movies and that onto my phone so 16gb would be plenty. I have enough saved for the full retail of a 32gb(based on price of razr and rezound should be similar in price to these two)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I would wager 32 GB only. All of verizon's other top-shelf LTE phones are 32GB, and I would expect this to be as well.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

This doesn't suprise me if it turns out to be the case. Verizon is going to want and try to turn off as many people as they can.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

On not all that surprised. Verizon is infamous for 16GBs of storage on their phones. History proves that. I wish 32 would happen...everything about this device seems like a pipe-dream at this point.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

The more storage was one of the advantages I liked about the VZW version. This has me thinking more & more about just getting the GSM version. If they're going to do this then I might as well get a true Nexus phone.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Should've expected this turn of events. God forbid they did something to make customers happy, just once. Why would Google even announce a 32gb version if it isn't seeing the light of day? If this 16gb spec. is true, they just signed their death warrant for my monthly bill. I'll be glad to drop $ to terminate my my service.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I am one of those that won't be turned off by 16GB only, AS LONG AS IT IS PRICED AT $199. If Verizon wants $300 for a 16GB phone that has not expandable memory, then they are being a bunch of jerks, and I will not purchase the device. Simple as that. Not until the price drops to $199.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
How could they change a non-removable storage overnight. Aren't they already shipping phones? These phones must already be boxed up and ready to go.

They would have to dump all the 32G phones and ship out 16G ones instead?!? That would be hard to accomplish on short notice, no? I would imagine that it's going to stay 16G for non-LTE phones and 32G for LTE phones. OR, it BETTER drop to $199! Katherine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers