Problems with the UK GN

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The Mxplayer not playing could be a major deal breaker.....thats the best feature on the galaxy s2. Hell, i found out that on the galaxy s2 you can play xvid on the regular player for me.

Seems like Diceplayer has hardware decoding...phew!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Looks like it is going to be a while now...

I wouldn't get too concerned about this. Bugs when a phone is initially released are common and not just to Android.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I asked weeks ago if this meant that Flash wasnt going to come to ICS, it was brushed aside but it looks like it might be the case now.

Csdaytona

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Wow so after reading that Vodaphone is "still testing" the Nexus maybe it isn't completely Verizons fault for delaying the release.
As a side note, Vodaphone does own a large share of Verizon Wireless....

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Ehhh... I can deal with lack of flash. I jist pull out my Xoom if I have to have it. Honestly ive used my phone for awhile without flash installed and didnt miss it much. Adobe decided to quit support for Android, so if we dont get it that would be why.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Having worked for a software for the last several years, I have never seen software shipped bug free. You get it 95% ready and then push. Updates are standard and there is mass beta testing for a reason. I don't believe ICS issues are holding up this phone. I know there has been lots of chatter about bloat software not working. If it is a major issue such as Backup not working at all, etc. I can see it holding up release. I am still in the camp that thinks it is more of a business decision related to inventory. I don't like it but business is business.

One good side is that I like getting the feedback from the UK release. I feel like it is helping me make an informed purchase. At least we will know about potential issues upfront.

Just my two cents FWIW.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe these bugs are genuine? Vodaphone pulls Gnex due to issues

Samsung Galaxy Nexus pulled from Vodafone following software bugs | Gadget Helpline

Galaxy Nexus software bugs found, Vodafone refuses to put on sale - Pocket-lint

I know Phil says that one of the bugs is being caused by VZW backup assistant, but the GSM GNex appears to have its fair share of issues too.

Is this just standard G1 Product stuff, or is it maybe a good thing that it is not out of the pipeline yet?

Should we be blaming Google, and not Verizon, after all?

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Maybe these bugs are genuine? Vodaphone pulls Gnex due to iss

Samsung Galaxy Nexus pulled from Vodafone following software bugs | Gadget Helpline

Galaxy Nexus software bugs found, Vodafone refuses to put on sale - Pocket-lint

I know Phil says that one of the bugs is being caused by VZW backup assistant, but the GSM GNex appears to have its fair share of issues too.

Is this just standard G1 Product stuff, or is it maybe a good thing that it is not out of the pipeline yet?

Should we be blaming Google, and not Verizon, after all?

It can all be fixed with software updates... however, my lack of a working phone can not, heh. I wish theyd just release it web only while they work out whatever issues they have with marketing and or fixing....

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Sound like a PR move by Verizon and company.

No doubt. It's very clear that they don't want the device out right now...it has nothing to do with "software glitches" or app compatibility.

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Ive never really paid this much attention to a Nexus launch, but have they each had a few quirks with them because it being with a new OS? Even iOS major revisions come with a few issues out of the gate...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Except p3 who has multiple nexus tweeted that the phone is drop dead ready @P3Droid P3Droid
WTF, Nexus is not delayed due to MyVerizon.apk or BackupAssistant, the phone is drop dead ready !!!

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Ive never really paid this much attention to a Nexus launch, but have they each had a few quirks with them because it being with a new OS? Even iOS major revisions come with a few issues out of the gate...

Yeah no doubt... The Nexus One had hardware issues with the soft keys that were never truly resolved and the Nexus S had problems with random reboots. Every phone/ OS/ update has its quirks and most of the time everything is resolved shortly after.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85