Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
My OG Droid has a broken power button and I'm fed up with it. I've been waiting since July. Now that the return date is the 9th or 15th of January I'm going to buy the Rezound or the RARZ.

It's worth $35 to have a phone that works correctly.

Is the Rezound available in stores? Is the RARZ better right now to tide me over? Is there anything I need to know before purchasing one of these phones. Is returning the phone more trouble that it's worth?

Reactions: stevenjeff

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My OG Droid has a broken power button and I'm fed up with it. I've been waiting since July. Now that the return date is the 9th or 15th of January I'm going to buy the Rezound or the RARZ.

It's worth $35 to have a phone that works correctly.

Is the Rezound available in stores? Is the RARZ better right now to tide me over? Is there anything I need to know before purchasing one of these phones. Is returning the phone more trouble that it's worth?

Thanks for posting this...I'm doing the same thing this Tuesday.

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I am in this same camp. Thinking about picking up the Rezound. Specs are awesome, and the Razr was just weird in my hand.

Not sure what to do.

Csdaytona

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the Razr tomorrow. I pocket my phone so thin and light weight is important to me. Plus coming from a Droid X, I've been really impressed with Moto's build quality.
Of course this is only until the Nexus is released, maybe......

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
For me, I prefer the Rezound. I just like the specs more, and I'm not big on how thick a phone is. The biggest drawback with the Rezound (and seemingly all HTC phones) is the battery. But if the plan is to exchange for the Nexus anyway, it's probably something that you can put up with for a little while.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the rezound and most likely will be picking one up come next week since my og droid is on it's last legs.

MisterEich

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Forget both those phones. While waiting for the Gnex I've decided to make today completely wipe and reflash day for my breaking down OG Droid. Placebo, I know, but I'd rather not get invested in a phone I'm not going to keep.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Please don't rent.

That just gives Verizon more money.

They don't deserve extra money for being terrible to the android aficionados that made their platform good in the first place.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If I had to choose, it would be the Rezound. Higher Res screen, faster processor, and Panda approval. He calls it a sleeper device.... I am inclined to believe it will see ICS sooner than the Razr (CM9).

I have considered it myself in light of recent developments. I have 2.3.7 on my DX right now so I can wait.... but I am really itching for ICS. That's my deciding factor on a new device if I end up passing on the G-Nex... how soon I will be able to flash a stable ICS build.

*customized tapatalk signature*

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
They really don't make any money off renting when have to resell it at refurbished price. I will be renting the Rezound because I prefer Sense to Blur and I'm curious to see if Beats makes a noticeable difference. Plus if I need to break a window the Rezound seems like it would do the trick.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Please don't rent.

That just gives Verizon more money.

They don't deserve extra money for being terrible to the android aficionados that made their platform good in the first place.

Not really verizon uses those phones when people have problems and for exhchanges. Not to mention even preowned they can not sell for the new price so they lose money that way.

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to rent but my wife talked me out of it for two reasons...

1 - if I damage it, I'm screwed

2 - if this goes web only pre order then I've got to return the rezound and then wait for upgrade to update and then order... and it could take a day or longer.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you are going to increase the price of phones for everybody buy with the idea you might keep the phone. In that light .... HTC/Verizon provided terrible support and upgrades for the Incredible. Add to that if you do not have perfect vision the buttons when not lit are tough to locate. Personally I will not own another HTC device.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are going to increase the price of phones for everybody buy with the idea you might keep the phone. In that light .... HTC/Verizon provided terrible support and upgrades for the Incredible. Add to that if you do not have perfect vision the buttons when not lit are tough to locate. Personally I will not own another HTC device.

You act like verizon would extend the policy if they didn't already have the price built in? They have a policy so people can use it if they want. If you want to feel like you are so moral and won't use it then so be. Not everyone's phone is going to last until the nexus is launched.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't moral, just pragmatic. We are all capable of making decisions after careful review of available data. If you do that and get a phone that does not perform as advertised the policy is there. If it performs as advertised and a new phone comes out we should be mature enough to live with it. How long it will be there when users rent phones I wonder about.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't moral, just pragmatic. We are all capable of making decisions after careful review of available data. If you do that and get a phone that does not perform as advertised the policy is there. If it performs as advertised and a new phone comes out we should be mature enough to live with it. How long it will be there when users rent phones I wonder about.

I actually kind of wish verizon had some sort of policy that you could rent phones for like a few months and then return them. I never keep a phone two years so for me that would be something that works and would save me some money.

Edit: Just went into a verizon store and held both the rezound and razr and after that I feel the razr is too thin. it felt like it would easily break and was very wide and awkward in the hand. The rezound being thicker actually felt better in hand and did not feel heavy at all. I mean i used to have a thunderbolt with extended battery and even without the extended battery it was still heavier than the rezound.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech