Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    My OG Droid has a broken power button and I'm fed up with it. I've been waiting since July. Now that the return date is the 9th or 15th of January I'm going to buy the Rezound or the RARZ.

    It's worth $35 to have a phone that works correctly.

    Is the Rezound available in stores? Is the RARZ better right now to tide me over? Is there anything I need to know before purchasing one of these phones. Is returning the phone more trouble that it's worth?
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    yes
    yes
    no
    no

    enjoy the razr
  3. #3  

    Default

    Rezound is the best IMO. I brought my wife that and boy thats nice.
    Premium1 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    My OG Droid has a broken power button and I'm fed up with it. I've been waiting since July. Now that the return date is the 9th or 15th of January I'm going to buy the Rezound or the RARZ.

    It's worth $35 to have a phone that works correctly.

    Is the Rezound available in stores? Is the RARZ better right now to tide me over? Is there anything I need to know before purchasing one of these phones. Is returning the phone more trouble that it's worth?

    Thanks for posting this...I'm doing the same thing this Tuesday.
  5. #5  
    auburngirl's Avatar

    Posts
    178 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly!

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    I am in this same camp. Thinking about picking up the Rezound. Specs are awesome, and the Razr was just weird in my hand.

    Not sure what to do.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    I'm getting the Razr tomorrow. I pocket my phone so thin and light weight is important to me. Plus coming from a Droid X, I've been really impressed with Moto's build quality.
    Of course this is only until the Nexus is released, maybe......
  7. #7  
    DolfanCole's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    For me, I prefer the Rezound. I just like the specs more, and I'm not big on how thick a phone is. The biggest drawback with the Rezound (and seemingly all HTC phones) is the battery. But if the plan is to exchange for the Nexus anyway, it's probably something that you can put up with for a little while.
    Premium1 likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    I like the rezound and most likely will be picking one up come next week since my og droid is on it's last legs.
  9. #9  
    MisterEich's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 2.3.7

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Forget both those phones. While waiting for the Gnex I've decided to make today completely wipe and reflash day for my breaking down OG Droid. Placebo, I know, but I'd rather not get invested in a phone I'm not going to keep.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Please don't rent.

    That just gives Verizon more money.

    They don't deserve extra money for being terrible to the android aficionados that made their platform good in the first place.
  11. #11  
    oxymoron's Avatar
    It's been real...

    Posts
    1,428 Posts

    Default

    If I had to choose, it would be the Rezound. Higher Res screen, faster processor, and Panda approval. He calls it a sleeper device.... I am inclined to believe it will see ICS sooner than the Razr (CM9).

    I have considered it myself in light of recent developments. I have 2.3.7 on my DX right now so I can wait.... but I am really itching for ICS. That's my deciding factor on a new device if I end up passing on the G-Nex... how soon I will be able to flash a stable ICS build.

    *customized tapatalk signature*
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somethingsfishy View Post
    Please don't rent.

    That just gives Verizon more money.

    They don't deserve extra money for being terrible to the android aficionados that made their platform good in the first place.
    I don't the Big Red makes money on returns.
  13. #13  
    tdubrpdx's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    ROM
    Motoblur

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    They really don't make any money off renting when have to resell it at refurbished price. I will be renting the Rezound because I prefer Sense to Blur and I'm curious to see if Beats makes a noticeable difference. Plus if I need to break a window the Rezound seems like it would do the trick.
    Scottish and Premium1 like this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Quote Originally Posted by Somethingsfishy View Post
    Please don't rent.

    That just gives Verizon more money.

    They don't deserve extra money for being terrible to the android aficionados that made their platform good in the first place.
    Not really verizon uses those phones when people have problems and for exhchanges. Not to mention even preowned they can not sell for the new price so they lose money that way.
  15. #15  
    altimax98's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default

    I wanted to rent but my wife talked me out of it for two reasons...

    1 - if I damage it, I'm screwed

    2 - if this goes web only pre order then I've got to return the rezound and then wait for upgrade to update and then order... and it could take a day or longer.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    If you are going to increase the price of phones for everybody buy with the idea you might keep the phone. In that light .... HTC/Verizon provided terrible support and upgrades for the Incredible. Add to that if you do not have perfect vision the buttons when not lit are tough to locate. Personally I will not own another HTC device.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyTop View Post
    If you are going to increase the price of phones for everybody buy with the idea you might keep the phone. In that light .... HTC/Verizon provided terrible support and upgrades for the Incredible. Add to that if you do not have perfect vision the buttons when not lit are tough to locate. Personally I will not own another HTC device.
    You act like verizon would extend the policy if they didn't already have the price built in? They have a policy so people can use it if they want. If you want to feel like you are so moral and won't use it then so be. Not everyone's phone is going to last until the nexus is launched.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Wasn't moral, just pragmatic. We are all capable of making decisions after careful review of available data. If you do that and get a phone that does not perform as advertised the policy is there. If it performs as advertised and a new phone comes out we should be mature enough to live with it. How long it will be there when users rent phones I wonder about.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyTop View Post
    Wasn't moral, just pragmatic. We are all capable of making decisions after careful review of available data. If you do that and get a phone that does not perform as advertised the policy is there. If it performs as advertised and a new phone comes out we should be mature enough to live with it. How long it will be there when users rent phones I wonder about.
    I actually kind of wish verizon had some sort of policy that you could rent phones for like a few months and then return them. I never keep a phone two years so for me that would be something that works and would save me some money.



    Edit: Just went into a verizon store and held both the rezound and razr and after that I feel the razr is too thin. it felt like it would easily break and was very wide and awkward in the hand. The rezound being thicker actually felt better in hand and did not feel heavy at all. I mean i used to have a thunderbolt with extended battery and even without the extended battery it was still heavier than the rezound.
    Last edited by Premium1; 11-19-2011 at 11:33 AM.
  20. #20  
    ManBearPig618's Avatar

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Nemov.....what did you end up going with and how do you like it? Any chance you stick with it when the GN comes out?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig618 View Post
    Nemov.....what did you end up going with and how do you like it? Any chance you stick with it when the GN comes out?
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet for one of the reason raised above. If the phone gets damaged I'm stuck with it. I wouldn't be surprised at this point for further delays. Using a phone for 3 weeks makes me nervous.
  22. #22  
    mykenyc's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    I love my Razr , i think most people don't like the width of the phone, the bezel area and i can agree. I love the water resistant perks, i actually like the width on it because when i type it feels good in my hand, also the gel case adds depth to the phone. Love the way the glass is flushed into the bezel, not like a previous devices i owned ::cough:: Dinc 2 ::cough::
  23. #23  
    altimax98's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet for one of the reason raised above. If the phone gets damaged I'm stuck with it. I wouldn't be surprised at this point for further delays. Using a phone for 3 weeks makes me nervous.
    Lol.. sorry.

    But I couldn't imagine being struck with a device for 2 years that I hate for 2 weeks or so of happierness lol
  24. #24  
    dchawk82's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    I just rented the Razr. Everything is fine, just a big change from HTC to Moto. It's fast and incredibly light (I knew it would be light, but I wasn't expecting this). At first I thought it felt "cheap," but the more I hold it and mess with it, I think it's just the weight playing games with my head. Overall, I enjoy it, but it won't keep me from getting the Nexus when it's released. I do have a question though. When the Nexus is released, I'll return the Razr, will my upgrade be available immediately or will it take a day or two to go through? I'll be kicking myself if it isn't immediate.
  25. #25  
    mykenyc's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default Re: Time to Rent. Rezound vs. RAZR

    You know what i do wish though, Motorola would get rid of this horrid skin on the razr and i don't mean really blur, but the colors are horrid.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B