The phone is ready, it's just.....

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
according to the xda forums,

the UK GN has a lot of bugs. Specifically the Volume rocker and now that I'm seeing it, a lot of the software isn't updated for ICS which is causing compatibility issues. I think this delay is a blessing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
according to the xda forums,

the UK GN has a lot of bugs. Specifically the Volume rocker and now that I'm seeing it, a lot of the software isn't updated for ICS which is causing compatibility issues. I think this delay is a blessing.

Except @P3Droid P3Droid
WTF, Nexus is not delayed due to MyVerizon.apk or BackupAssistant, the phone is drop dead ready !!!

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Except @P3Droid P3Droid
WTF, Nexus is not delayed due to MyVerizon.apk or BackupAssistant, the phone is drop dead ready !!!

Of course. I mean, he's the one that actually started the Nexus delay way back, but I guess we're crazy to think we are seeing a delay.

barefootdriver

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love all the conspiracy theories that have come out from this phone. I want to blame something too. I'm going to blame all of this on Apple. The WSJ is stating that those customers are waiting for weeks for the phone, and BGR is stating that Verizon is working with Apple to get those phones on the shelves. In this climate if the Nexus was released, Apple may lose tons of purchases on the Verizon side because the Nexus has an iphone-like appeal. That's my conspiracy theory, but don't take my word for it. :)

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The reason for the delay isn't complicated. Verizon is holding it back for their own interests. The bug rumors is Verizon's PR.

Scottatron

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh come on, every time a major software version is released it takes 3rd party apps a while to sort out bugs.

Happened with 2.2, 2.3 and will happen again with ICS.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I love all the conspiracy theories that have come out from this phone. I want to blame something too. I'm going to blame all of this on Apple.

I concur. Apple made Verizon do away with one-year contracts to get the iPhone just like they did AT&T, and the iPhone 4 was the reason that Verizon waited so long to put the Thunderbolt on the shelves. The sources said that the wait for the Thunderbolt was due to the battery issues, yet when the phone was released, it had countless reports of 2.5-4 hour battery lives.

The reason for the delay isn't complicated. Verizon is holding it back for their own interests.

Yeah, they have to sell 5,000,000 RAZRs...LOL.

Oh come on, every time a major software version is released it takes 3rd party apps a while to sort out bugs.

Happened with 2.2, 2.3 and will happen again with ICS.

This. That's what makes the first to ICS arguement moot.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Except @P3Droid P3Droid
I wouldn't rush to judgement on that just yet. It seems feasible to me if you consider that Google focused on ICS, they likely didn't work w/ the bloat apps. VzW wanted on there since this is their first true collab. w/ VzW. Thinking the Nexus line has been bloat free previously. Verizon probably didn't tweak the .apk(s) to integrate into ICS themselves beforehand. Google might've tossed them on their only to find issue(s), in relation to campatability w/ ICS. I thought that your pov was the case until I went in to see if I wanted to "rent" a Rezound, last night. The guy who seemed far more educated on their products than any rep. I'd interacted w/ there previously. I asked the guy, for a laugh, if they heard anything on the GN yet and shockingly, he said that "he's not sure what's going on with it. All he knew was that they had planned on opening online orders on the 14th until Vzw, scrapped the date & informed them a software issue that had arisen, at some point shortly before that. I asked if that was something he heard in the online "rumor mills". He said he had read that as well, but word actually came from corp. Only after hearing that, confirmation, I saw the situation in a new light.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't rush to judgement on that just yet. It seems feasible to me if you consider that Google focused on ICS, they likely didn't work w/ the bloat apps. VzW wanted on there since this is their first true collab. w/ VzW. Thinking the Nexus line has been bloat free previously. Verizon probably didn't tweak the .apk(s) to integrate into ICS themselves beforehand. Google might've tossed them on their only to find issue(s), in relation to campatability w/ ICS. I thought that your pov was the case until I went in to see if I wanted to "rent" a Rezound, last night. The guy who seemed far more educated on their products than any rep. I'd interacted w/ there previously. I asked the guy, for a laugh, if they heard anything on the GN yet and shockingly, he said that "he's not sure what's going on with it. All he knew was that they had planned on opening online orders on the 14th until Vzw, scrapped the date & informed them a software issue that had arisen, at some point shortly before that. I asked if that was something he heard in the online "rumor mills". He said he had read that as well, but word actually came from corp. Only after hearing that, confirmation, I saw the situation in a new light.

This. I'd be willing to wager that Verizon's Galaxy Nexus will be the last to get updates because of this. And considering the fact that Verizon's bloat makes it technically not be a Nexus phone, Verizon will be exercising some degree of control over the updates, making us even wait even longer.

We should've know it was too good to be true when @black_man_x said that Verizon would never have a Nexus.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084