**UPDATED** I emailed ALL of these vzw exec's. Will you?

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
**UPDATE** I got a call from the executive offices of VZW today. And I, of course, was told that they were very sorry that they had no information regarding the Nexus at this time. She did more or less hint to me that it is still being tested. HOWEVER, after me telling her how frustrated I was, she went into my account and moved my upgrade date up 9 months. So I now am eligible for an upgrade in December :D

All of you guys who said those emails would do absolutely nothing, good call. *sarcasm*

I realize that this will probably do absolutely NO good at all, but I emailed every single person on this list. First, I told them how I do in fact love the network service that verizon provides but how extremely dissatisfied I am with how they are handling the launch of the Nexus. I told them how I thought the two vzw apps were contrary to the nature of a nexus and how I don't agree with the razr and rezound possibly causing this delay. I said I would break both of my contracts with them if they don't give us some info promptly. I think it would be more effective if others did the same thing. Here is the link that I stole from the other similar thread: Executive Leadership If you don't agree with this, I understand. If you think it will yield absolutely nothing, it's cool, don't email them. But, we do have a voice and I am choosing to use it. I'm sure I will get flamed in some kind of way for this but I don't care. I'm not trying to impress you guys. I am trying to rally all of us and combine our voices so that they might listen to us. Please consider sending an email to at least one person on this list. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: I emailed ALL of these people saying I would break my contrac

I realize that this will probably do absolutely NO good at all, but I emailed every single person on this list. First, I told them how I do in fact love the network service that verizon provides but how extremely dissatisfied I am with how they are handling the launch of the Nexus. I think it would be more effective if others did the same thing. Here is the link that I stole from the other similar thread: Executive Leadership If you don't agree with this, I understand. If you think it will yield absolutely nothing, it's cool, don't email them. But, we do have a voice and I am choosing to use it. I'm sure I will get flamed in some kind of way for this but I don't care. I'm not trying to impress you guys. I am trying to rally all of us and combine our voices so that they might listen to us. Please consider sending an email to at least one person on this list. Thanks in advance

I don't disapprove at all, good choice.

I also don't feel like this will change anything, simply because they're banking on once it IS out, you're still going to buy it (which is true, am I right?), and once you buy it, you'll forget (or at least forgive) that this ever happened.

Other than myself, who still gripes about how the Thunderbolt was launched? And in my case, it's only to show I can relate to you guys here, not that I'm still upset about it or anything. The thing is that they're technically not doing anything wrong. It sucks, yes, a lot. But they can pull all the strings they want, and as long as it's out before 2012, they've done no wrong by THEIR word (Google's word is another story. Didn't I hear "Before November ends" from them?)

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't disapprove at all, good choice.

I also don't feel like this will change anything, simply because they're banking on once it IS out, you're still going to buy it (which is true, am I right?), and once you buy it, you'll forget (or at least forgive) that this ever happened.

Other than myself, who still gripes about how the Thunderbolt was launched? And in my case, it's only to show I can relate to you guys here, not that I'm still upset about it or anything. The thing is that they're technically not doing anything wrong. It sucks, yes, a lot. But they can pull all the strings they want, and as long as it's out before 2012, they've done no wrong by THEIR word (Google's word is another story. Didn't I hear "Before November ends" from them?)

No, but we are the customer. Is it wrong to voice our desires to them to stop waiting to release it? I really think it will help. It definitely won't hurt. The day they announced that they would be offering the nexus "later this year", that moring jcase (@TeamAndIRC on twitter) posted the same email addy's and told people to email vzw and demand that they carry the nexus. I personally sent like 20 email's that day. Many, many others did the exact same thing. Later that day, vzw did a press release and announced that they would be offering it "later this year". Coincidence? I don't think so. I think they did that to calm everybody down. It was all over twitter as well. People were tweeting @vzwsupport and @verizonwireless that if they did not offer the nexus, they would break their contracts.

Meh

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

No, but we are the customer. Is it wrong to voice our desires to them to stop waiting to release it? I really think it will help. It definitely won't hurt. The day they announced that they would be offering the nexus "later this year", that moring jcase (@TeamAndIRC on twitter) posted the same email addy's and told people to email vzw and demand that they carry the nexus. I personally sent like 20 email's that day. Many, many others did the exact same thing. Later that day, vzw did a press release and announced that they would be offering it "later this year". Coincidence? I don't think so. I think they did that to calm everybody down. It was all over twitter as well. People were tweeting @vzwsupport and @verizonwireless that if they did not offer the nexus, they would break their contracts.

Meh

I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, but I know first hand the only thing that came out of a "mass" uprising from the smallest percent worrying about one particular phone was, "We know you want it. It's coming soon. Please be more respectful."

Not to say that's what WILL happen, and I agree with you completely on what you did. Just don't want you to get your hopes TOO high that something hugely positive will happen because of this (but I really want it to, just like you).

Reactions: crzycrkr

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, but I know first hand the only thing that came out of a "mass" uprising from the smallest percent worrying about one particular phone was, "We know you want it. It's coming soon. Please be more respectful."

Not to say that's what WILL happen, and I agree with you completely on what you did. Just don't want you to get your hopes TOO high that something hugely positive will happen because of this (but I really want it to, just like you).

Yea, I realize that. But I'm willing to try anything at this point. It can only help.

Meh

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

It's the only legitimate way we have to voice how we feel. Calling CS or going to a store to complain will do no good, as those hourly wage earners couldn't care less if you stay or leave. At least these exec's have the power to change things if they choose to. Doing nothing is the surest way to get nothing done.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: I emailed ALL of these vzw exec's. Will you? Voice your opini

What exactly do you have to complain about? Verizon neither broke any promises or claims at this point. Everyone is mad because these dumb "android addict" websites dig into people to pry out release dates, when there may not be any pertinent info available at the time. They post this garbage and get everyone excited, then disappointed and mad when their dreams don't come true.

Verizon is just playing the normal game here. They chose to release three fairly big phones at the same time and are now trying to figure out how to make it profitable. The problem they have, is that their advertising campaign sucks as of late. They just spout lte this and ltd that rather than partitioning their market and showing how they have an ltd phone for every segment. The company has a poor advertising department and lousy management.

Verizon hasn't even given a reason why the phone isn't released, yet everyone in every thread seems to think they know why. Its laughable.

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
What exactly do you have to complain about? Verizon neither broke any promises or claims at this point. Everyone is mad because these dumb "android addict" websites dig into people to pry out release dates, when there may not be any pertinent info available at the time. They post this garbage and get everyone excited, then disappointed and mad when their dreams don't come true.

Verizon is just playing the normal game here. They chose to release three fairly big phones at the same time and are now trying to figure out how to make it profitable. The problem they have, is that their advertising campaign sucks as of late. They just spout lte this and ltd that rather than partitioning their market and showing how they have an ltd phone for every segment. The company has a poor advertising department and lousy management.

Verizon hasn't even given a reason why the phone isn't released, yet everyone in every thread seems to think they know why. Its laughable.

So, what is the post going to hurt? Granted, it may not help anything either, but at least I'm trying. We are the customers and we have a right and a duty IMO to tell them what we want and how we want to spend OUR money with them. I don't have to pay them for devices and service if I so choose not to. Therefore, I am telling them as a customer that I would like to purchase the nexus and continue service through them, and I do not like the fact that not only are we still waiting to buy it, but we don't even have any idea when they will launch it besides "later this year". I am asking them to tell us something or for them to please launch the phone already. I'm not saying they have lied or misled us in anyway, I am expressing my disatisfaction. What is wrong with that?

Meh

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

What exactly do you have to complain about?

The complaint I have is that they have a phone that is ready to be sold, and they're not letting me buy it. I also believe they're adding their own app junk on it. I may be wrong, but there is nothing inappropriate about telling them that. If you don't feel this way, then don't tell them anything. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to do nothing for you.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So lets say at the last minute they decide not to sell it. Then what? Its happened before it can happen again. The 2 apps are not a big deal. Vzw still has to test the update before u get it. Its not going to come straight from google as most believe.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Vzw still has to test the update before u get it. Its not going to come straight from google as most believe.

I hope you're wrong about this. If it's true, then I wouldn't call what we're buying a true Nexus device and it will probably be the last time that Google lets Verizon have a Nexus exclusive.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Some people are so.... Hard headed. If Verizon wants to sniff around at an update before pushes it out then fine... That doesn't disqualify it from being a nexus. A nexus is whatever Google says it is.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So lets say at the last minute they decide not to sell it. Then what? Its happened before it can happen again. The 2 apps are not a big deal. Vzw still has to test the update before u get it. Its not going to come straight from google as most believe.

Ever owned a nexus before?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Then explain how a update will work if vzw doesn't test it? The os has to play nicely with the internals. Aka radio bt wifi etc. If it doesn't get tested then it'll b buggy as all hell.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Then explain how a update will work if vzw doesn't test it? The os has to play nicely with the internals. Aka radio bt wifi etc. If it doesn't get tested then it'll b buggy as all hell.

Ill take that as a yes.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Because Google tests it - this is the beauty of Nexus. The only thing Google might need from Verizon is 4G troubleshooting, since this is Google's first phone with LTE. Same thing happened when the Nexus first got WiMAX, and Sprint technicians did network testing.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

Reactions: Premium1

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I think those of you who are inclined to email them should do so. You have that right. I saw a very well worded email that someone in a different thread shot out. Whether these have any effect may remain unclear. I'm just curious to see what kind of replies you garner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance