Anyone going to Verizon on 11/21 in case they do a silent release

phlame

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone going to Verizon on 11/21 in case they do a silent rel

the guy at the phone booth at Costco didn't even know there was a Galaxy Nexus. That gives you a lot of confidence, doesn't it!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

The closer I get to 12 a.m. the less I feel like we will actually see this device online for purchase.

Things are just too quiet. Unless it's the calm before the storm, I just don't see it happening. Verizon has disappointed us in the past, especially with this device. I'd be willing to bet that they will disappoint us again come Monday.

At the same time though, I find it difficult for a company such as Verizon to delay a device all the way to December 8th. That's almost 2 1/2 - 3 weeks out. It would be beyond facepalming status if they are delaying it because of their carrier software (bloat). Everyone besides the U.S. has launched this device, which was announced 38 days ago as of today, 45 days had it been announced on the 11th October if it weren't for the delayed announcement. It's quite amazing....god only knows the antics at play here. If this phone is delayed till the 8th of December, that would make it almost 60 days since the announcement Google announcement on the 18th of October.

I just wish Verizon would say something, anything at this point. Instead we have nothing but "sources" and screen shots to go off of.

Also, it seems that quite a few of the folks that have the Verizon version for testing are vocalizing how the device is ready to go. That any delay at this point would be quite ridiculous.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I'll check online after midnight and stop at the corporate store on my way to work in the morning. The store is literally half a mile away from my house and on my way in.

Personally, I think there is a 50/50 chance of Verizon releasing the phone tomorrow though, there's only a 10% chance of that.

It wouldn't be 50/50 then it would be 10/90

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't have my hopes up. If it was tomorrow I think Phil would have heard and posted it.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Only if I hear people are leaving the stores tomorrow with them.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So far the Razr isn't so bad. Its nice to be back with Android after using the iphone for awhile.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

If it was going to launch tomorrow the CSRs would know it was coming out tomorrow. The one thing in common amongst all the ones Ive spoke with is they dont tell them anything til a few days before launch/VZW corp says something.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

By the time you get there they'll be out of stock...next shipment in by Feb 01, guaranteed.

Wouldn't take that long. This isn't an iphone, you have to remember the demand is no where near as high as the iphone since most normal consumers have no idea about the nexus.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If it was going to launch tomorrow the CSRs would know it was coming out tomorrow. The one thing in common amongst all the ones Ive spoke with is they dont tell them anything til a few days before launch/VZW corp says something.

Not if it was going to be a preorder or web only launch tomorrow. Then they would most likely not be told anything since they would be ordering them online and not needing to go in store.

anon(529237)

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Most likely just to be "one of those people"... :) Can you do the new every 2 with an online only launch?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

Most likely just to be "one of those people"... :) Can you do the new every 2 with an online only launch?

Good question. I'm sure you can, I can't see why you couldn't. If we can't then I'm assed out for a bit. :(

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Probably check the forum. Tomorrow had so much promise. I've been waiting for the 21st to arrive for quite some time. Now it's just a regular day.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I was going to order online anyway so, I won't be going to the store.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

I'm off all week. If it comes out, I might go check it out. I have two upgrades in my pocket, and may walk out with one if its released.

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

can someone post a link to where one would find online ordering of the Gnex? I would rather take one of your advice rather than look in the wrong spot (likely)