Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone going to Verizon on 11/21 in case they do a silent release

Is anyone going to Verizon tomorrow just I case they do a silent release?

Default Re: 11/21

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Nope. Going to check online and if it isn't on there, no point wasting gas driving to a vzw store to get hassled to buy a razr.

I have too much going on during the short work week to just bounce in to the stores. I'll leave that up to someone else on here.
    Vanilla Ice and Premium1 like this.

Nope

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

No, but if anything from Baskin Ridge comes out I will.

Default Re: Anyone going to Verizon on 11/21 in case they do a silent rel

I went Thursday and Friday (my corporate Verizon is 5 minutes away), so I see no reason why I wont go on Monday. I'd tell you what the reps said on Thursday and Friday mornings, but what's the point...they don't know anything. This forum would have much less tension if everyone would do that.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by:
    nemov 

Called. Couple stores and they dont know swat. So ill prolly chill at home...

Quote Originally Posted by dadsterflip View Post
    Called. Couple stores and they dont know swat. So ill prolly chill at home...
    That might cause problems in a hostage situation.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by:
    Defconrock likes this.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Only if you guys let me know there is a reason to

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I won't. If it isn't showing up online, than it isn't available at the store yet either.
    Nexus Ninja

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Meh, I'm a corporate user so if it becomes available, I will just call our rep and he will have mine to me on Tuesday.
    Palm Treo 700w ~> Palm Treo 700wx ~> Blackberry Storm 9530 ~> Motorola Droid X ~> Samsung Galaxy Nexus ~> HTC Evo 4G LTE ~> Samsung Galaxy S3

nope, I don't deal with Verizon's retail location. Going there to do any kind of business with them is a guaranteed way to ruin my day.

I will order online if/when it becomes available.

It will be all over the forum before I ever made it to a store, besides I work 17 hours on Mondays and that doesn't include drive time!

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    That might cause problems in a hostage situation.
    That's what I said lol

I'll check online after midnight and stop at the corporate store on my way to work in the morning. The store is literally half a mile away from my house and on my way in.

Personally, I think there is a 50/50 chance of Verizon releasing the phone tomorrow though, there's only a 10% chance of that.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I think the *only* chance for tomorrow is an online only launch, and even that I would think would have a roughly .05% chance of happening at this point.

Global Posts
    7,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Im off tomorrow at 11 am so Im checking online first.If they are available either swing by the store or online purchase

sent from my phone

Nope, I'll just check the forums to see if it releases. No use wasting time going to the store just to check on it.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I am still at children's hospital with Jakob he is doing great so far. They let him eat for the first time today since Wednesday.

I will probably escape for a bit tomorrow while they are doing his physical therapy, I don't know anyone in Cincinnati so I will at least stop by.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 11-20-2011 at 09:00 PM.

the guy at the phone booth at Costco didn't even know there was a Galaxy Nexus. That gives you a lot of confidence, doesn't it!

the guy at the phone booth at Costco didn't even know there was a Galaxy Nexus. That gives you a lot of confidence, doesn't it!

The closer I get to 12 a.m. the less I feel like we will actually see this device online for purchase.

Things are just too quiet. Unless it's the calm before the storm, I just don't see it happening. Verizon has disappointed us in the past, especially with this device. I'd be willing to bet that they will disappoint us again come Monday.

At the same time though, I find it difficult for a company such as Verizon to delay a device all the way to December 8th. That's almost 2 1/2 - 3 weeks out. It would be beyond facepalming status if they are delaying it because of their carrier software (bloat). Everyone besides the U.S. has launched this device, which was announced 38 days ago as of today, 45 days had it been announced on the 11th October if it weren't for the delayed announcement. It's quite amazing....god only knows the antics at play here. If this phone is delayed till the 8th of December, that would make it almost 60 days since the announcement Google announcement on the 18th of October.

I just wish Verizon would say something, anything at this point. Instead we have nothing but "sources" and screen shots to go off of.

Also, it seems that quite a few of the folks that have the Verizon version for testing are vocalizing how the device is ready to go. That any delay at this point would be quite ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    I'll check online after midnight and stop at the corporate store on my way to work in the morning. The store is literally half a mile away from my house and on my way in.

Personally, I think there is a 50/50 chance of Verizon releasing the phone tomorrow though, there's only a 10% chance of that.
    It wouldn't be 50/50 then it would be 10/90
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    It wouldn't be 50/50 then it would be 10/90
    Ever see the movie "The Naked Gun" before?

I don't have my hopes up. If it was tomorrow I think Phil would have heard and posted it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast