Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon will call it the Nexus Prime !

i just went into best buy mobile and they showed me a buyers guide that will be released dec. 1. it shows the nexus prime to ve available under 2 yr contract for 299. it doesnt list any specs so the phone could be slightly different.

ad states the following:

"Combine the best features you love from honeycomb and gingrebread os and you get the ice cream sandwich (android 4.0). More customization and faster ways to get new features like 3d maps, voice search and commands, and google +"

2 year plan 299
    2 year upgrade 299
    2 year add a line 299
    no contract 799

Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sweet!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default Re: Verizon will call it the Nexus Prime !

Thanks! Great to finally see something finally on print.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

What a bunch of misinformation by bb. For all those we allready have those features. And we all ready know its not a nexus prime. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

ROM
    Vicious JB V3/ Franco

I love that they are calling it the "Prime"!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

when i went into verizon saturday the lady there called it the prime. i thought that was wierd since its been called the galaxy nexus forever now. oh well i tried to get everyone some information. i did get my hands on a case for it a week and a half ago at my verizon store.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

the front page says valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11 working on getting a pic of it up as well
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

maybe we will get a black friday launch?

ROM
    Full AOSP 4.2

Always liked the name Nexus Prime more. Sadly, I think someone at Best Buy is a little misinformed.

But its not the prime. It's the galaxy nexus! and I just got used to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    What a bunch of misinformation by bb. For all those we allready have those features. And we all ready know its not a nexus prime. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    How do you know they won't call it that??? I doubt bb would make millions of flyers if they weren't given info from verizon.
    Thanked by:
    Vanilla Ice likes this.

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

Yea, why would you assume that BB is wrong in calling it the Prime? That's the most legit thing I've seen posted here yet.
    @Arevill

maybe that's why when you search for "Nexus Prime" on verizon wireless' website, it sends to you to the Galaxy Nexus page.

It will be called the galaxy nexus. End of story.

Meh
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

its galaxy nexus on the vzw website. im going with that till further notice
    mechapathy likes this.

ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

They can call it whatever they want, I will forever refer to it as the Nexus Prime, as it should be...

VS910 4G Kangwich
    Phones are my drug of choice

actually, you can search for "nexus prime" or even just the word "prime" on vzw's site and they both send you to the g-nex page. very odd...

Yeah, this must be a mistake. Sometimes these flyers are made up to six weeks in advance. Six weeks ago there was still a lot of confusion about the name of the device.

You also have to remember, BB prints out these promotional flyers months ahead of time. That was probably being made sometime in late September, which at the time it was still thought to be the Nexus Prime...if anything it shows that the information we are getting is the information most people are getting and only a select few are privy to the actual details, everything else is fragmented as to keep the testing users as isolated from the big picture as possible.
    Thanked by:
    ggpike 

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defconrock View Post
    Yea, why would you assume that BB is wrong in calling it the Prime? That's the most legit thing I've seen posted here yet.
    They also had it in print that the VZW HTC Merge was coming soon. We all see how well that went over. They are misinformed.

The VZW press release called it Galaxy Nexus. End of.story.

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Yeah, this must be a mistake. Sometimes these flyers are made up to six weeks in advance. Six weeks ago there was still a lot of confusion about the name of the device.
    there was no confusion amongst verizon where they would be getting the info from. Wasn't the prime in verizon's celebrite system?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet300 View Post
    They also had it in print that the VZW HTC Merge was coming soon. We all see how well that went over. They are misinformed.

The VZW press release called it Galaxy Nexus. End of.story.
    And don't forget about the Thunderbolt. They had an ad saying it was available what a month prior to the actual launch?

$799?! That's a lot of quiche!
    zoomis likes this.

I'm really glad Verizon corporate normally charges way less than resellers for off contract. That $799 scares me.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

hey dude, i apologize for being a ****** earlier. Couldn't help it. Guy with no history here makes his first post talking about how he has an ad for the phone calling it the prime. lol
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast