Release Date Pool

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Might as well make it entertaining to wait. Obviously theres a lot going on with this phone behind the scenes, but lets see what everyone thinks. Hell, maybe the guys here will throw something in for those who guess correctly. You can put a date and your reasoning on why or just a date. Me?

December 1st.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My guess: Date still undetermined. I think they are wanting to make X amount with the big 3 (Bionic, Razr, Rezound) and until they do they won't release it. For a long time I blamed Verizon but I truly feel that the blame lies with Google. I've said this on here many times and people keep replying saying that Google has no power. But the fact is, its not about power. I don't think Google negotiated well for this phone with Verizon. They should have given Verizon a choice from day one. The first choice: If you want exclusivity then the phone must be out before or by Black Friday. The second choice: If you can't guarantee the phone will be out by Black Friday then there is no exclusivity............period! This should have been the whole negotiation process with Verizon.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but im actually foreseeing somewhere within the December 15th range... I understand this would be dumb so close to Christmas and all, and i say this partly to so as to not get my hopes up anymore, but Verizon has made some real strange decisions before. Ive decided to stick it out with my broken phone that freezes when receiving calls and also mid text instead of moving to a Gsm carrier.

I switched back to Verizon from my Nexus S 4g hoping for a sooner date. We'll see soon enough i guess..

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
My guess: Date still undetermined. I think they are wanting to make X amount with the big 3 (Bionic, Razr, Rezound) and until they do they won't release it. For a long time I blamed Verizon but I truly feel that the blame lies with Google. I've said this on here many times and people keep replying saying that Google has no power. But the fact is, its not about power. I don't think Google negotiated well for this phone with Verizon. They should have given Verizon a choice from day one. The first choice: If you want exclusivity then the phone must be out before or by Black Friday. The second choice: If you can't guarantee the phone will be out by Black Friday then there is no exclusivity............period! This should have been the whole negotiation process with Verizon.

Agreed. I think the blame lay on all of them.

Really wish Google could just bring back the webstore and sell both the unlocked Gsm model and the Cdma/Lte model while Verizon figures out how they want to sell it.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm done with the release date guessing game but the closer we get to CES and seeing what devices will be unveiled for next year the less adamant about getting this device I am. Verizon sure does know how to screw up high profile device launches. The handling of the Bolt, Bionic, and Nexus have all been a joke. If it's not out in the next couple weeks I'm probably going to stick with my Bolt and see what CES has in store. If I wasn't locked in with unlimited data or if I could get it on AT&T id probably just switch back to them and import an unlocked GNex or buy a Skyrocket since AT&T has good LTE coverage here in Dallas.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Which goes into Google not having any power. If they had power they could negotiate things like that, clearly they can't..

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling it will get axed and we won't see it on Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling it will get axed and we won't see it on Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I don't think they will do that since they already invested money in it if they were going to have exclusivity most likely they had to agree to buy x amount and aren't just going to throw away that money they spent on the devices.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I think the blame lay on all of them.

Really wish Google could just bring back the webstore and sell both the unlocked Gsm model and the Cdma/Lte model while Verizon figures out how they want to sell it.

That would be a dream come true.

My guess would be between the December 15 to 22. I know that seems late but, based on how they released the Thunderbolt, I wouldn't doubt it. I've been reading past threads on the thunderbolt forum and, I felt sorry for them.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Which goes into Google not having any power. If they had power they could negotiate things like that, clearly they can't..

If this is the case and Verizon didn't want to go with my two options I wrote about then they should have went with a carrier that did...probably like what apple did with the iphone. I'm sure other carriers would have loved to have the GN. I don't believe that Google has no power, I know they don't have as much as Apple but I think they just didn't negotiate right with Verizon.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Today would have been perfect. As I was taking care of Jakob at Children's hospital and watching him flirt with the nurses I realized that it was 48 years ago today that JFK was assassinated.

Somethingsfishy

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it will get axed and we'll see a lot of Dinara ads instead, all the razr owners will be infuriated, all the bionic owners will feel vindicated, and all the would-be-nexus owners will be hella-pissed off.