The Officially Official Verizon Rep "Source" Thread

TurbineTech

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So this is my verizon chat from a few minutes ago.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'VERIZON GUY'
VERIZON GUY: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
TurbineTech: I can't figure out why my upgrade available on ***-**** won't transfer to ***-****.
VERIZON GUY: I'd be happy to assist you.
VERIZON GUY: Are you logged into "My Verizon" with your username and password?
TurbineTech: yes
VERIZON GUY: When was the last time the line was upgraded that you are trying to transfer to?
TurbineTech: Not sure. I've had this BlackBerry for 12-18 months maybe... Don't remember
VERIZON GUY: If the transfer is not possible there is another option.
VERIZON GUY: Use the upgrade on the line it is intended for and call customer service to have them activate it on the other line.
TurbineTech: I see. I was looking at the HTC Rezound, but would really like to pre-order the Galaxy Nexus. Do you know when I might be able to do that?
VERIZON GUY: Unfortunately I do not have information on the Nexus, the website always has the new phones like that shown on the main page between 30 and 45 days before it's release.
TurbineTech: Ok, I will continue to watch then. Thanks so much!

So going by that logic, seeing as how the phone is not even shown on the revolving ad thing on the main page we are atleast 30-45 days away... :':)':)':)':)'(

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So this is my verizon chat from a few minutes ago.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'VERIZON GUY'
VERIZON GUY: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
TurbineTech: I can't figure out why my upgrade available on ***-**** won't transfer to ***-****.
VERIZON GUY: I'd be happy to assist you.
VERIZON GUY: Are you logged into "My Verizon" with your username and password?
TurbineTech: yes
VERIZON GUY: When was the last time the line was upgraded that you are trying to transfer to?
TurbineTech: Not sure. I've had this BlackBerry for 12-18 months maybe... Don't remember
VERIZON GUY: If the transfer is not possible there is another option.
VERIZON GUY: Use the upgrade on the line it is intended for and call customer service to have them activate it on the other line.
TurbineTech: I see. I was looking at the HTC Rezound, but would really like to pre-order the Galaxy Nexus. Do you know when I might be able to do that?
VERIZON GUY: Unfortunately I do not have information on the Nexus, the website always has the new phones like that shown on the main page between 30 and 45 days before it's release.
TurbineTech: Ok, I will continue to watch then. Thanks so much!

So going by that logic, seeing as how the phone is not even shown on the revolving ad thing on the main page we are atleast 30-45 days away... :':)':)':)':)'(

that is funny because no phone is ever on the site that far ahead of time. Another clueless vzw rep.

whitehat09

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I stopped by a local vzw store at the mall in Salem, NH. I walked up to one of the workers on the floor and casually asked "excuse me I have a question about the galaxy nexus". I was surprised that she came back with "ok" instead of some denial of knowledge like everyone else is getting. I followed up with "I know it hasn't been announced yet but can you give me a general idea, will it be out before the first of the year" and her response was "It will not be out by then". Just to make sure I said "you don't think it will be out by then, or it won't be?" her answer was "it definitely won't be".

Obviously this is just hearsay and might not be true but definitely unfortunate if it is. Like many of you I've been waiting for quite some time to switch to a new phone and wanted it to be a nexus, right now I'm using a BB 9650 thats been out of contract for about 6+ months. And to top it off, I jumped on the living social $50 vzw coupon for $20 on black friday and that is only valid till Dec. 31. I thought for sure the GNexus would be ready by then. Puts me in quite a predicament.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I stopped by a local vzw store at the mall in Salem, NH. I walked up to one of the workers on the floor and casually asked "excuse me I have a question about the galaxy nexus". I was surprised that she came back with "ok" instead of some denial of knowledge like everyone else is getting. I followed up with "I know it hasn't been announced yet but can you give me a general idea, will it be out before the first of the year" and her response was "It will not be out by then". Just to make sure I said "you don't think it will be out by then, or it won't be?" her answer was "it definitely won't be".

Obviously this is just hearsay and might not be true but definitely unfortunate if it is. Like many of you I've been waiting for quite some time to switch to a new phone and wanted it to be a nexus, right now I'm using a BB 9650 thats been out of contract for about 6+ months. And to top it off, I jumped on the living social $50 vzw coupon for $20 on black friday and that is only valid till Dec. 31. I thought for sure the GNexus would be ready by then. Puts me in quite a predicament.

Which is exactly what they wanted to do. Make a sale today instead of a possible sale later.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Quit wasting your time asking these reps who 99.99% of the time know nothing until a day or so before and you will be in no predicament...

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If I am a salesman on commission and someone needs a phone. I am not going to let them leave without a new phone. If galaxy nexus is not available now, then it just doesn't exist. Even if I need to swap it out later, I still get the sale. If I let them go home I get zero.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If I am a salesman on commission and someone needs a phone. I am not going to let them leave without a new phone. If galaxy nexus is not available now, then it just doesn't exist. Even if I need to swap it out later, I still get the sale. If I let them go home I get zero.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is most likely why many reps are saying it wont be out until next year. They want you to listen and buy something now. They are not making a commission if you walk out and wait for another phone.

TurbineTech

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just left Best Buy in Boise, ID. Phone kiosk employee said the stores Verizon rep told him "I don't remember, it'll be out the 8th or the 18th..."

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Just visited my corporate store near Cincinnati today. They had all the available accessories in the back and were willing to show them to me. I talked to THREE different reps at the store and all three were in agreement they expected the release to be this Thursday or Friday (one mentioned a possible pre-order date). To my surprise, NONE of them tried to push me on one of the other devices and all were highly complimentary towards the GNex.

And since they had the accessories in stock, that meant they could sell them. So I grabbed the case I wanted and also grabbed the spare battery and charger kit. So at least I know I have those items ready and waiting. w00t!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just visited my corporate store near Cincinnati today. They had all the available accessories in the back and were willing to show them to me. I talked to THREE different reps at the store and all three were in agreement they expected the release to be this Thursday or Friday (one mentioned a possible pre-order date). To my surprise, NONE of them tried to push me on one of the other devices and all were highly complimentary towards the GNex.

And since they had the accessories in stock, that meant they could sell them. So I grabbed the case I wanted and also grabbed the spare battery and charger kit. So at least I know I have those items ready and waiting. w00t!

Would you be able to upload some pics of the case? Also what all cases did they have in stock?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Would you be able to upload some pics of the case? Also what all cases did they have in stock?

They had the textured shell/holster combo (that we saw in one of those leaked photos some time ago) along with a matte finish and a glossy finish flexible shell (all three in black). The thing I didn't like about the two soft cases was that the volume rocker would be covered by the casing (I prefer for it to be exposed).

I'll see if I can get some pics here shortly.

Reactions: Premium1

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
VZW chat about nexus.

Maybe I want to stir up drama. ( I say this with sarcasm to pre defend my sharing to the as$holes who will badger me.) Maybe I want to share. Maybe I am a little upset with verizon.

As you can see from my other post about my interactions with verizon I have had my share of ups and mostly downs with verizon. Unfortunately that have me because their service is better than everyone else in Rochester, NY.

I feel as if they know this with most customers and because of this their customer service is severely lacking.

The gentleman in the conversation below said what he was told to say, however telling me nothing, bein indirect, and playing stupid comes from the ranks of CORPO. They need to re-evaluate how they do these releases.

Yes - a date was not release regarding the Nexus relase
Yes - they owe me nothing, they do what they say for the most part
Yes - they have a great network
However they choose to keep the people who are their biggest fans in the dark. Why not be our best friend and tell us things, let us feel like we are part of the company and let us follow your progess.

BUT No - I get this. (See below.)

Jason B.: Do you happen to have any information on when the galaxy nexus will be available for pre order or purchas?

Michael C.: You are welcime.

Michael C.: We do not have any information at this time.

Jason B.: Will Verizon still be releasing this phone?

Michael C.: We do not know at this time. However, if you leave your E-mail and message in our Contact Us Section of the website, someone will notify you.

Jason B.: Yikes! I have done so. A lot of people are WAITING for this phone patiently and now there is a chance Verizon may not release the glaxy nexus? Thats crazy!

Jason B.: I apologize for my "dramatics" but as an advocate for Verizon thats crazy.

Michael C.: I understand. The phone has not been released to us so we cannot give out information.

Jason B.: Michael, thanks for your help have a great night.

Michael C.: You too.

Michael C.: It has been my pleasure to chat with you today! Please feel free to re-open the chat session if you need further assistance . Thank you and have a great day!

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: VZW chat about nexus.

I apologize for being so frank but there was absolutely no reason to post this. This in neither new nor informative in any way. It could have been added to the rep post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane