Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Tagged's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Lightbulb HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Hey all!

    With the Galaxy Nexus coming out in (guess # of days here), and coming from the Droid Incredible (& skyraider 4.x rom) I want to see what might be missed from Sence.

    List the Sence apps or widgets that you will miss, and if you have found a suitable replacement.

    Example:
    HTC Clock / Weather widget : Go Weather (free)
    HTC Friendstream - Android Pro Widgets (free); LauncherPro Sense skin ($1.10) (LauncherPro required)
    HTC People (would love to link FB & Google contacts) - [suggest something!]

    Please list any other HTC Sence apps or widgets that you know and can recommend a suitable replacement app. Please put if it is free or the price, and bonus if you would link to appbrain or android.market.

    Thanks all!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagged View Post
    HTC People (would love to link FB & Google contacts) - [suggest something!]
    Doesn't ICS basically do this? i.e. Link all of a contacts social media pages together? Or am I not understanding what you mean?

    Anyway, Beautiful Widgets and Fancy Widgets can bot provide good, Sense-like clock and weather widgets.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    My vote goes to beautiful widgets. As great as goweather is, it doesn't have nearly as many cool clock/weather skins as beautiful, along with the kickass widgets that come with it.

    Little known cool widget i use all the time with beautiful widget: timed silence. Whenever i go into a movie theater, i click it, then click "2 hours" and my phone is in silent mode for the duration of the movie. Love the hell out of it
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Doesn't ICS basically do this? i.e. Link all of a contacts social media pages together? Or am I not understanding what you mean?

    Anyway, Beautiful Widgets and Fancy Widgets can bot provide good, Sense-like clock and weather widgets.
    I've read things about how ICS doesn't do FB contact sync anymore because Google has stopped providing FB with the necessary API. At this point, I've lost track of what the truth is.
  5. #5  
    ManBearPig618's Avatar

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    Carrier
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Beautiful widgets is nice.
  6. #6  
    Shimmy's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Longtime fan of Beautiful Widgets. I even convinced my girlfriend to ditch her sense widgets on her Dinc in favor of BW.
  7. #7  
    Linkchomp's Avatar
    Droid Monster

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Eww HTC Sense and none of them work as well as the HTC clock widget
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    Eww HTC Sense and none of them work as well as the HTC clock widget
    I find it funny anyone would literally say "eww" about software lol The htc clock widget is great, but IMO it's hard to beat the superclock on beautiful widgets. You gotta try it to know what i mean. If you want to come over, i'll let you play with my phone and try it. I've got buffalo wings and a big tv too...just sayin
  9. #9  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,544 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,618 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    I want the the new moto blur contact widget. Its the best out there
  10. #10  
    dubge's Avatar

    Posts
    1,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Always changing

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    I use HD Widgets and like it a lot, worth a look.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Quote Originally Posted by yapkuen View Post
    I've read things about how ICS doesn't do FB contact sync anymore because Google has stopped providing FB with the necessary API. At this point, I've lost track of what the truth is.
    Correct. It has been this way since Gingerbread.
  12. #12  
    goldkear's Avatar

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock+

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    the only widget I'll really miss is the people one, fitting several favorites in a small area is nice.
    the weather widget is pretty, but I could take it or leave it
    I also like the look of the calander vs default android, but i'll have to see what the ICS one looks like.
    Most of HTC's widgets are too big though, taking most or all the screen. For example, the messaging one is cool (if not really practical) but who has that much space to use?
  13. #13  
    MikeNY's Avatar

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Quote Originally Posted by yapkuen View Post
    I've read things about how ICS doesn't do FB contact sync anymore because Google has stopped providing FB with the necessary API. At this point, I've lost track of what the truth is.
    That's insane. Oh well.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    What part of it doesn't sync again? My Charge (with GB) syncs Facebook contacts fine... are we just talking pictures here, or what?

    I think the real question is which one of these FriendStream clones actually works, LauncherPro eventually stops auto refreshing, Go Launcher only has separate widgets (twitter, facebook individually)... I may give these a try later and see if any of them can last without me restarting something.
  15. #15  
    goldkear's Avatar

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock+

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    What part of it doesn't sync again? My Charge (with GB) syncs Facebook contacts fine... are we just talking pictures here, or what?

    I think the real question is which one of these FriendStream clones actually works, LauncherPro eventually stops auto refreshing, Go Launcher only has separate widgets (twitter, facebook individually)... I may give these a try later and see if any of them can last without me restarting something.
    sense, touchwiz, and (i assume) blur all have different contacts/people apps than default android and facebook can sync to those, it's kinda weird. basically google and facebook are fighting.
  16. #16  
    Merc25's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC Sence apps & widgets replacements

    Honestly the only widget I will really miss is the HTC To-Do List one...so much simpler and easier to use than any of the other ones I have tried out knowing that one will be going away when good ol Big Red releases the Nexus.

Posting Permissions