Preorders starting tomorrow? (Nov 29th)

mastawyrm

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious how the SIM card works if you buy the phone off contract. Does it still come with one? I have a Thunderbolt, and I was hoping to just be able to pop in my current SIM card, but with the Nexus using a micro SIM, that's not possible.

I've heard Verizon will send you new SIM cards for free (or at least, for only a small amount of money?), but that'd kinda suck to get the Nexus, but then not be able to use it for a few days until I get my new SIM card. :/

I've never had a 4g device so I don't know but wouldn't it still work for 3g and 1x?

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well at my store. Accessories has started to arrived and I'm on their call list. Unless that guy was bsing me about the call list but accessories are in and I know they were out a few weeks back on rare stores but in a small town and us getting accessories tells alot.
Were getting closer.

Extended batteries?

Sent from my EVO 3D

ihyln

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I called verizon out of curiousity. I had opted to upgrade to the Droid Inc 2 from my Inc1 and after reading about the possible preorder tomorrow I decided to see how they would handle the upgrade since my new phone is in transit. Turns out that I could either refuse shipment or accept the phone and exchange for GNX when it comes out. Otherwise cancelling the "upgrade" manually takes 5 days and refusing shipment takes 2 days processing time. It's better just to activate the phone and take advantage of their exchange policy.

I also asked about the preorder tomorrow and he told me that they are only told of preorders the day of, not before.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So if this Nov 29th rumor proves to be yet another false date will we resume the cycle of more whining threads and claims that VZW is "screwing up this release"?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So if this Nov 29th rumor proves to be yet another false date will we resume the cycle of more whining threads and claims that VZW is "screwing up this release"?

You know the minute it is not on the site there will be multiple threads crying about verizon screwing it up and everyone is going to switch carriers lol.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Patiently awaiting release:

Wifes upgrade = check
Wifes new every 2 $50 credit = check
$25 living social $50 credit = check

Hoping for a $199 price, either way, I am there at open on 12/8 :D

My upgrade = check
My new every 2 $50 credit = check
$25 Living Social $50 credit = check
Wife's $100 trade-in credit = check

At $199.99, that puts me at $25 out of pocket (and at $299.99, $125 OOP). Quintuple w00t! :cool:

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I'll be disappointed believing that the delay is tied to the MyVZW app but I can't really complain since Verizon hasn't officially announced anything other than "end of the year."

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay... so I have to ask the obvious.... why would you NOT Pre-order online....?

If you can pre-purchase ahead of time, from the comfort of your house and have a guaranteed phone and probably receive it on or near the release date... is there a downside...?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay... so I have to ask the obvious.... why would you NOT Pre-order online....?

If you can pre-purchase ahead of time, from the comfort of your house and have a guaranteed phone and probably receive it on or near the release date... is there a downside...?

Some people like to wait in line? I mean you could ask the same thing to the iphone crowd lol. For me personally I would rather know I have one than hope I can get one on launch day.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
You do not have to activate it in any amount of time, you can wait as long as you want to activate it.

Thank you sir, I guess I'll order it and have it sit at home waiting for me and hope someone gets it rooted by the time I return so switching from my Tbolt will be a breeze with Titanium. Wish it had regular Sim like Rezound, so I could switch to my kickstand?! LOL

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I won't whine. It will just be another false rumor. I'm really not expected this rumor to be true but I will be happy if it is.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I won't whine. It will just be another false rumor. I'm really not expected this rumor to be true but I will be happy if it is.

I think that is how most feel. So many rumors proved false you just have to keep on keeping on until it shows up on vzw site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton