Let's speculate: What do YOU think the price will be?

What do YOU think the price of the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I dunno. I think $299 but the Nexus will not come with some things the other phones have. It will not have moto Zumocast or Samsung Kies which lets you connect to your pc over the air. It will not come with Motos event controller or whatever that thing is called even though you can get something similar from the market. It does not have beats headphones or sounds system. It will not come with an SD card even if you won't need it with 32G. You will have to install software so that it can be accessed by Macs. It will not have NFL football or those other apps.

So maybe Verizon is thinking that ordinary customers won't want to pay $299 for this phone when they can pay $299 for phones that can do all of these things out of the box.

Not a big deal for me, but I can see customers thinking this way.

Most likely the $199 is a mistake or was the price for one day if it was released on Black Friday.

By saying "It will not have NFL football or those other apps" you mean that it will not come pre-loaded with the VZW NFL app, but you can still download it and use it, correct? I have the Charge right now and want to move to the Nexus, and I understood the NFL mobile app was free for all 4G phones this year. Again, I don't think you are saying you won't be able to use that app.....but just want to make sure.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
$199.. Verizon knows this phone will not appeal as much to the mass market and will not sell as well at the higher price point. Regardless I am getting one whatever it costs and will most likely get $50 off with my corporate discount (seems to apply to all LTE devies so far).

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
$199.. Verizon knows this phone will not appeal as much to the mass market and will not sell as well at the higher price point. Regardless I am getting one whatever it costs and will most likely get $50 off with my corporate discount (seems to apply to all LTE devies so far).

You know, this argument makes economic sense. I would agree with you. I think it's going to be $199, but I never thought about this argument. I agree completely. Let's hope we are right on the pricing.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If they keep the price at 199, they can use that to push the Razor/Rezound as better devices because they have all this extra stuff like VZNav, BlockBuster, etc... I can just here a salesman saying, "The Nexus is a pretty bare bones phone that only has a 5 mp camera, and fewer apps." My position is still that they never wanted this phone, they just didn't want another carrier to get it first.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If they are going to market it with the Razr and Rezound as a top tier phone I think it will be priced similarly.

While the device is missing a few things like mentioned don't forget it does have a new os, bigger better screen, nfc, barometer, gyroscope, etc so while that stuff might not appeal to some people it doesn't make it non existent. That hardware and software cost money and it will be passed on to the consumer....

This is something I will gladly apologize for being wrong for but I'm going with 299

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If they are going to market it with the Razr and Rezound as a top tier phone I think it will be priced similarly.

While the device is missing a few things like mentioned don't forget it does have a new os, bigger better screen, nfc, barometer, gyroscope, etc so while that stuff might not appeal to some people it doesn't make it non existent. That hardware and software cost money and it will be passed on to the consumer....

This is something I will gladly apologize for being wrong for but I'm going with 299

They know this device wont appeal to mass consumers because there WILL be bugs and app compatibilities and other things that irritate regular users which would be a lot of returns if those types of people buy them Sales are great but returns DO cost them a lot of money too. Fanboy reps who believe otherwise and push those kinds of users at this device are not doing themselves (or their commissions) any favors.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
By saying "It will not have NFL football or those other apps" you mean that it will not come pre-loaded with the VZW NFL app, but you can still download it and use it, correct? I have the Charge right now and want to move to the Nexus, and I understood the NFL mobile app was free for all 4G phones this year. Again, I don't think you are saying you won't be able to use that app.....but just want to make sure.

I went to the market and the Verizon NFL app is there for download along with other NFL apps, so I meant that it won't show up on the phone when you look at the app drawer but you can download it from the market...looks like it is free to download but not sure if there are charges to actually use it.

If you are purchasing a phone most likely you will look at the home screens and the Verizon store rep will show you the app screen, or you will purchase online and the online text will list applications included. That is when folks will see what is on the phone. They might not know how the app works or if they have to end up paying to actually use it...but they see that it is on the phone.

Look online or in the store and you won't see these apps on the GN

That said, my gut says that the phone will start off priced at $299

In the case of Zumocast I have had Verizon store employees rave about how this works "you just set this up and everything from your computer comes right down to your phone..." ou ou ou. "I connected my phone to my laptop doc and used it just like a PC"

They won't be saying this with the GN because it ain't on there.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol