Need a few extra $$ to offset the price of the Nexus?

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're like me, you probably have a scad of old phones sitting in boxes, due to upgrades and/or new phone purchases.

I came across this trade-in page on VZW's site, and thought I'd see if I could get a few dollars for some of my old gear.

Suffice to say, some of the old phones are worth a huge $0.00, lol. However, my Fascinate is worth $38.00 (who knew?). So, I will be trading it in after I've had delivery of the Nexus and I'm fairly confident that I won't be using it any longer. I still have an old Samsung Omnia that I can use for back-up, should the Nexus be unavailable for whatever reason.

Anyway, thought I'd pass this along, for the budget-conscious among us...

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
True, all of the above (for those that want to deal with advertising, meeting/corresponding with individuals, shipping, MOP issues, transaction disputes, yadda, yadda). As you can tell, I really don't care for CL or Fleabay. TMW.

I'm a path-of-least-resistance kinda guy. I'd just as soon stuff it in a pre-paid envelope to VZW, then forget about it until my meager gift card arrives. I'll absorb the $60 opportunity cost, lol...

Anyway, thought I'd post an alternative, for slugs, like me...

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Should have kept that fascinate. Thanks to roms it now has ICS before you get the nexus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you're like me, you probably have a scad of old phones sitting in boxes, due to upgrades and/or new phone purchases.

I came across this trade-in page on VZW's site, and thought I'd see if I could get a few dollars for some of my old gear.

Suffice to say, some of the old phones are worth a huge $0.00, lol. However, my Fascinate is worth $38.00 (who knew?). So, I will be trading it in after I've had delivery of the Nexus and I'm fairly confident that I won't be using it any longer. I still have an old Samsung Omnia that I can use for back-up, should the Nexus be unavailable for whatever reason.

Anyway, thought I'd pass this along, for the budget-conscious among us...

Whew!!! I read the forum topic and rushed in here to talk you out of selling your body for sex. Glad you are just promoting selling old phones for extra cash. :p

In all seriousness, cool find!

-me

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually just bought a fascinate cheap and am going to load ics on it to pass the time until the nexus launches.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Best buy does the same thing, but if you have it for less then 6 months I think its 100, then it goes down from there. Not sure of the pricing.

I sold an LG Voyager on ebay a few yrs ago for 140 and it was two years old.

I still have my wife's lg enV touch in the drawer which is a backup to her iphone.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda bummed I sold my fascinate last month now that it has a ics rom for it. Coulda checked out how ics runs and feels.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda bummed I sold my fascinate last month now that it has a ics rom for it. Coulda checked out how ics runs and feels.

You can get them cheap on various sites I would buy one and use that because at this rate who knows when the nexus will actually be available on vzw.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sell and Recycle Used Electronics - Gazelle get more money for your stuff and no hassle of eBay. You won't get used retail on any of these trade in programs. They are only offering $150 for a 32GB iPhone, $45 for an Incredible, $15 for a Storm. Think I'll just end up using my Incredible for a backup and find homes for the others. Probably just trash the Storm, keep anyone else from going through that.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I would never trade in my OG Droid. I'll keep it in my drawer along with my Nintendo 64 and collection of games such as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (with the expansion pack). Final Fantasy 7 will be in there as soon as my cousin decides to stop "borrowing" it. -_- Off topic but it was a 3-disk game! Jesus. Great game, though. I remember buying a Cloud action figure and making him win every fight against the Green Goblin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2