Turn off LTE 4G on GN?

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I forget that not everyone lives in a 4G area. Since I live in 4G area there's no way I'll be turning the 4G off to save the battery.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I wondered the same thing when I see people post about 4G and 3G switching back in forth on their phones (any 4G LTE phone). I had the same problem when I first got my 4G LTE Mifi and it drove me crazy!! Well on the Mifi you can make it 4G only and that solved the problem :) But my understanding with the phones is the voice data in CDMA only, so you can't turn the 3G off. Now I don't own a 4G LTE phone so I'm not 100% sure, but I did read that somewhere on here in another phone sec.

Well I am confused most of the time anyway....but. with my OG 3G droid when I am at home I use Wifi. The 3G data seems to never be used even for voice. I think the 3 and 4 G apply to data only. When I make a phone call it seems that I am using 1x or not even 3G but I am not sure.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who has turned off the 4G, are you able to connect to web with the 3G? I just bought daughter a phone (it was free as an upgrade, so "bought" is really the wrong word...) that has 4G. Works amazing in area that has it (the Radio Shack where I got it....about 2 miles from house...) but not in the house. We turned it off to connect to home wi-fi (she isn't on unlimited data...) so she could use You Tube.

Phone kept dropping connection. Wasn't the connection, ad my OG Droid was connected fine.

Any one seeing this or have suggestions?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who has turned off the 4G, are you able to connect to web with the 3G? I just bought daughter a phone (it was free as an upgrade, so "bought" is really the wrong word...) that has 4G. Works amazing in area that has it (the Radio Shack where I got it....about 2 miles from house...) but not in the house. We turned it off to connect to home wi-fi (she isn't on unlimited data...) so she could use You Tube.

Phone kept dropping connection. Wasn't the connection, ad my OG Droid was connected fine.

Any one seeing this or have suggestions?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

3G stays on when you turn 4G off, but you have to make sure you don't turn all data off by accident. WiFi is totally separate from either and all mobile data should turn off when you're on WiFi.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I am confused most of the time anyway....but. with my OG 3G droid when I am at home I use Wifi. The 3G data seems to never be used even for voice. I think the 3 and 4 G apply to data only. When I make a phone call it seems that I am using 1x or not even 3G but I am not sure.

I should have been using CDMA instead of saying 3G. Pretty sure the 3G and 1x is the same CDMA, will go to 1x when the signal is not good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12