Verizon Nexus doesnt say "Google"?

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was already known. I could care either way really. I have friends who have Sprint and T Mobile who never seem to have service so I've learned to appreciate VZW a lot.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have learned to appreciate VZW aswell.. their customer service has bent over backwards for me several times, and their coverage is priceless..

I do kinda wish this said Google somewhere on it though..

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the Google branding would have gone on the back if it weren't for Verizon's software going on the phone. The Google stamp on back may represent a Google only experience, but since Verizon has their software on it, it can't be a full on Google experience, and thus no labeling.

Similar to how THX certifications for audio happens, or RoHS labeling for electronic products and stuff. You can't label something THX if it doesn't pass certain tests and you can't put on a RoHS label if the product contains certain substances.

Know what I'm saying?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the Google branding would have gone on the back if it weren't for Verizon's software going on the phone. The Google stamp on back may represent a Google only experience, but since Verizon has their software on it, it can't be a full on Google experience, and thus no labeling.

Similar to how THX certifications for audio happens, or RoHS labeling for electronic products and stuff. You can't label something THX if it doesn't pass certain tests and you can't put on a RoHS label if the product contains certain substances.

Know what I'm saying?

That's just it. IMO a Nexus should be about a pure Google experience. I think they have already ruined by putting their 2 apps on it and takes away from what a Nexus is supposed to be about. I'm still getting the getting the phone, but it just disappoints me

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised about the phone not saying "google"....they gave it to Verizon to do whatever they wanted with it. I'll be shocked if its even a pure google phone at this point.

Reactions: revickulous2001

have24

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
My Droid 2 Global is full of Verizon and Motorola bloatware but still says "with Google" on the back of it. You think something as simple as that could be added. Just my two cents.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site

Know what I'm saying?

But the back of my bloat-i-fied Droid Incredible says "with Google" on it.

Edit: ^^ beat me to it.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I can live with the logo and two apps. Its not like we can't take it off. Phone will just go as fast and talk and text and web the same.

I'm just happy or everybody should be happy that's the only thing they did. They could have locked the bootloader then that's a different story. Soooooo I can't argue.

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
Im more sick of the people who keep complaining about people complaining about the release/vzw bloat/all the jazz....

your b*tching about b*tching.... is still b*tching.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL...We all now know why this isn't released yet! All these so called "bugs" in the phone was the word "Google" So Verizon had to fix this by erasing the word from all the phones and while they were at it they decided to add some bloat. This takes time guys so quit ragging on Verizon so much......it takes time to get rid of all the "bugs"......lol:p