Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Nexus doesnt say "Google"?

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy...erizon-website

With the "new" pictures of the Verizon GNex from vzw website. The back cover doesn't say "Google" like the other GNex overseas.... Or almost every other android phone...Hhmmm....
    I would think Google wouldn't give that up..

Default Re: Verizon Nexus doesnt say "Google"?

I thought this was already known. I could care either way really. I have friends who have Sprint and T Mobile who never seem to have service so I've learned to appreciate VZW a lot.
    tx_tuff likes this.

I have learned to appreciate VZW aswell.. their customer service has bent over backwards for me several times, and their coverage is priceless..

I do kinda wish this said Google somewhere on it though..

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I'll live. VZW provides me great service...them putting a logo on my battery plate is fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock+

sorry to be rude, but did this really need a new thread?
    Thanked by 3:
    ultravisitor and tx_tuff like this.

Maybe the Google branding would have gone on the back if it weren't for Verizon's software going on the phone. The Google stamp on back may represent a Google only experience, but since Verizon has their software on it, it can't be a full on Google experience, and thus no labeling.

Similar to how THX certifications for audio happens, or RoHS labeling for electronic products and stuff. You can't label something THX if it doesn't pass certain tests and you can't put on a RoHS label if the product contains certain substances.

Know what I'm saying?
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you don't like the logo you can always change the back cover for the GSM one.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sushiglobster View Post
    Maybe the Google branding would have gone on the back if it weren't for Verizon's software going on the phone. The Google stamp on back may represent a Google only experience, but since Verizon has their software on it, it can't be a full on Google experience, and thus no labeling.

Similar to how THX certifications for audio happens, or RoHS labeling for electronic products and stuff. You can't label something THX if it doesn't pass certain tests and you can't put on a RoHS label if the product contains certain substances.

Know what I'm saying?

That's just it. IMO a Nexus should be about a pure Google experience. I think they have already ruined by putting their 2 apps on it and takes away from what a Nexus is supposed to be about. I'm still getting the getting the phone, but it just disappoints me

I'm not surprised about the phone not saying "google"....they gave it to Verizon to do whatever they wanted with it. I'll be shocked if its even a pure google phone at this point.
    Thanked by:
    jpprice and revickulous2001 like this.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB

im glad there isnt a VZW logo on the front of the device, thats for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post
    im glad there isnt a ed VZW logo on the front of the device, thats for sure...
    Couldn't agree more. At least their fugly logo is on back where a case could easily cover that crap up!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

My Droid 2 Global is full of Verizon and Motorola bloatware but still says "with Google" on the back of it. You think something as simple as that could be added. Just my two cents.
    Fanboi

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by sushiglobster View Post

Know what I'm saying?
    But the back of my bloat-i-fied Droid Incredible says "with Google" on it.

Edit: ^^ beat me to it.

ROM
    Stock/Stock Rooted

omgz no Google logo on back, time to cue up 10 pages of speculation, followed up by nervousness, followed up by more speculation and anger, followed up by this isn't a Nexus device anymore, this is insane, this is madness!
    Thanked by 3:

I can live with the logo and two apps. Its not like we can't take it off. Phone will just go as fast and talk and text and web the same.

I'm just happy or everybody should be happy that's the only thing they did. They could have locked the bootloader then that's a different story. Soooooo I can't argue.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Im more sick of the people who keep complaining about people complaining about the release/vzw bloat/all the jazz....

your b*tching about b*tching.... is still b*tching.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB

Quote Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
    this is madness!
    THIS. IS. SPAAARRRRRTA!

[/endofftopic]
    MMcCraryNJ and jephanie like this.

It could have the Apple logo on the back and I wouldn't care if I actually owned the device.
    hyperdude likes this.

LOL...We all now know why this isn't released yet! All these so called "bugs" in the phone was the word "Google" So Verizon had to fix this by erasing the word from all the phones and while they were at it they decided to add some bloat. This takes time guys so quit ragging on Verizon so much......it takes time to get rid of all the "bugs"......lol
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

i'll still buy it.......
    i wont be happy about it
    but will buy it

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty-Bird View Post
    I thought this was already known. I could care either way really. I have friends who have Sprint and T Mobile who never seem to have service so I've learned to appreciate VZW a lot.
    Yeah. I thought this was covered already. The back could have the big "V" and 4G LTE in big 2 inch letters for all I care. I worry more about the screen and what's inside making it run.

Quote Originally Posted by goldkear View Post
    sorry to be rude, but did this really need a new thread?
    My first thoughts exactly. I think this is better considered as a "comment" in the pictures thread that was just recently created.
    jephanie likes this.

I don't care about the logo personally.

But I think this sums up some people's thoughts on the matter:

ZachDasher likes this.

ROM
    Stock+

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    My first thoughts exactly. I think this is better considered as a "comment" in the pictures thread that was just recently created.
    exactly what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
    this is madness!
    THIS. IS. SPAAARRRRRTA!

[/endofftopic]
    thank you, I was probably going to kill myself if someone hadn't made this comment.
    Thanked by:
    brinox 

so.. you're saying i have to stare at that hideous logo on the BACK of the phone when ever i take the cover off? my life is ruined... someone please sparta kick me into a bottomless pit. i just can't believe this

ROM
    Stock+

Quote Originally Posted by Chad McRad View Post
    so.. you're saying i have to stare at that hideous logo on the BACK of the phone when ever i take the cover off? my life is ruined... someone please sparta kick me into a bottomless pit. i just can't believe this
    wrong thread, this is the "lack of google logo" thread, you want the "existence of verizon logo" thread. thank you, and have a nice day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast