P3Droid saying 12/8?

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I feel like i'm out of the loop. why is this random dood considered the de facto source on this stuff?

just seems like a random guy stirring the pot.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I feel like i'm out of the loop. why is this random dood considered the de facto source on this stuff?

just seems like a random guy stirring the pot.

I think it is because he says things some people would like to hear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
@britishturbo britishturbo
If you are expecting a long Nexus pre order period from vzw keep dreaming lol. Just saying.

Seems to make sense if it is launching next week that preorders would be sometime this week and not that long ahead of time.

nazology

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Why is everyone obsessed with pre order? That solves nothing! I don't want Verizon to do what they did with the Razr 10/27 pre order and week of 11/8 delivery.

I'd like the phone to be ordered and shipping tomorrow. A preorder would make me smile, but I would probably just wait and go to a store.

Reactions: 2010 ZR1

danielkx

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I called my verizon store today and asked about the nexus. The manager of the store told me that they have no idea when the phone will be released, they haven't received any shipments of it yet and that it isn't uncommon for them to get the phones only a couple of days before release. He said that verizon is keeping very quiet on it but he does expect "soon." Whatever that's supposed to mean.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the way he words things to excite and upset has he been wrong about anything with the GN?

To be fair, Dec 8 is not exactly a new date that he came up with. 12/8 has been floating around as the main date for a while now. So while it's coming from p3droid, it isn't exactly news.

Just sayin.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, Dec 8 is not exactly a new date that he came up with. 12/8 has been floating around as the main date for a while now. So while it's coming from p3droid, it isn't exactly news.

Just sayin.

Did he claim a December release back in Oct or beginning of Nov and it made everyone hate him?

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Some of you guys don't even know who he is yet you talk trash about him or what so ever.
No wonder famous devs leave because of people like you and you know who you are.

Yea people called him a lair because everybody wanted to hear 11/21 as a released date but he tells us a December released and everybody lashed out.

He passed info as he gets it or secretly keeps it. He seems to have access way before anyone does.

Either love him or hate him.
As of right now he says December 8th then that seems logical since the lastest nexus updates fixed problems and got better signal.
That's well of a worthy release phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Why is everyone obsessed with pre order? That solves nothing! I don't want Verizon to do what they did with the Razr 10/27 pre order and week of 11/8 delivery.

I'd like the phone to be ordered and shipping tomorrow. A preorder would make me smile, but I would probably just wait and go to a store.

Usually preorder you get it before it is in store so yeah that's why people get excited. not to mention once you can preorder that means it is coming out and you do not have to wait much longer.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention a few other things that point to this date being possible. Phil posted not too long ago that indirects were getting emails showing the 8th. He has since said nothing so it would seem nothing has changed. BritishTurbo indicated that Verizon has the phones in their warehouse and that he also was getting info about emails stating the 8th as the date. Verizon finally mentioned the Nexus, albeit by Twitter, for the first time since October 21st today. Then those pictures showed up on their site source showing it was modified today.

Couple all that with P3Droid saying the 8th and we have....nothing official, but boy this seems the closest we have gotten to something solid.

Reactions: Reaster1

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I called my verizon store today and asked about the nexus. The manager of the store told me that they have no idea when the phone will be released, they haven't received any shipments of it yet and that it isn't uncommon for them to get the phones only a couple of days before release. He said that verizon is keeping very quiet on it but he does expect "soon." Whatever that's supposed to mean.

I keep reading that but, I guess they truly don't know. I still most-likely will get the Verizon Galaxy Nexus but, since I ordered the GSM version I don't feel as frustrated with this release anymore.

When it comes I'll be ready for it but until then I'm not worrying about it.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Some of you guys don't even know who he is yet you talk trash about him or what so ever. I've known him from way back (crackberry Storm 1 days)
No wonder famous devs leave because of people like you and you know who you are. He is not a famous dev. Please stop with this false info.

Yea people called him a lair because everybody wanted to hear 11/21 as a released date but he tells us a December released and everybody lashed out. No People call him a liar because of other stuff. VZW tracking root, cancelling contracts and other baseless, pot stiring info that he has tweeted in the past. Not to mention the fact that he told me that he taught at a college in Pheonix yet he's a HS teacher. His dishonesty has hurt his image.

He passed info as he gets it or secretly keeps it. He seems to have access way before anyone does. Maybe, yet that does not help the way people see him. Its the attitude and lies that hurts his image.

Either love him or hate him.
As of right now he says December 8th then that seems logical since the lastest nexus updates fixed problems and got better signal.
That's well of a worthy release phone.

Some of us unfortunately know the dude. Not trying to thread jack just clearing some info up.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have no doubts about what you're saying, FD2. I do think he's being honest about this particular info, though. I don't know enough about him to dislike him, but he has given some good information about the Nexus since he got one and ill give him props for that. So he could be an enormous tool like most everyone thinks he is, but ill worry about that after I get my Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995