One more reason to love the Nexus!

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure no other Nexus has had CIQ in the past and I think Verizon is the only of the major US carriers to NOT use CIQ. Not totally sure about that but that's the consensus from the other CIQ thread.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure no other Nexus has had CIQ in the past and I think Verizon is the only of the major US carriers to NOT use CIQ. Not totally sure about that but that's the consensus from the other CIQ thread.

Yeah, I saw some headlines today regarding the fact that VZW does not use it. Good to know

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has gone as far as to tweet that they do not use, nor have installed, Carrier IQ on any of their devices.

Optimistic Viewpoint: Verizon's phones are safe.

Pessimistic Viewpoint: They said they don't use Carrier IQ, but not that they don't log data using another program.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has gone as far as to tweet that they do not use, nor have installed, Carrier IQ on any of their devices.

Optimistic Viewpoint: Verizon's phones are safe.

Pessimistic Viewpoint: They said they don't use Carrier IQ, but not that they don't log data using another program.

For some reason I seem to be thinking along your pessimistic viewpoint.....it almost feels like VZW's reference to CIQ should have been in quotes. Sure, maybe they don't use "Carrier IQ", but they could very easily be using the same type of deal with a different name....especially if it was their own version of it.