Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Pierce09's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JB 4.1.1

    Default If I Preorder Online...

    A question that has been concerning me as of late...I want to preorder my Galaxy Nexus online when Verizon finally makes it available but I read somewhere that the delivery will require a signature upon arrival. Now, with that being said, I live in an apartment building with 12 stories and a main desk where everything gets delivered to, then I receive a slip in my mailbox that tells me when I have a package. Will the desk sign for the package when it is delivered? Or will they not leave the package without MY signature. Sorry for the long and confusing question but I don't want there to be a hold-up between me and my Galaxy Nexus when the time comes
  2. #2  

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    More often than not, I've been able to receive packages that the front desk signs for. It worked that way in college.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    More often than not, I've been able to receive packages that the front desk signs for. It worked that way in college.
    I've had the same experience. As long as someone signs it's all good.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    ManBearPig618's Avatar

    Posts
    1,156 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce09 View Post
    A question that has been concerning me as of late...I want to preorder my Galaxy Nexus online when Verizon finally makes it available but I read somewhere that the delivery will require a signature upon arrival. Now, with that being said, I live in an apartment building with 12 stories and a main desk where everything gets delivered to, then I receive a slip in my mailbox that tells me when I have a package. Will the desk sign for the package when it is delivered? Or will they not leave the package without MY signature. Sorry for the long and confusing question but I don't want there to be a hold-up between me and my Galaxy Nexus when the time comes
    Usually - depends on your apartment policy most likely. Give them a heads up and confirm their policy and you should be fine.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Pierce09's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    More often than not, I've been able to receive packages that the front desk signs for. It worked that way in college.
    Okay cool, that's actually my exact situation haha 12 story apartment building at Rutgers University. I'll let the front desk know ahead of time as well.

    Thanks for everyone's help!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    Verizon phones require an indirect signature, which means anyone can sign it pretty much. You won't have any problems
  7. #7  
    Nakrohtap's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    Most online orders like this usually have a text box somewhere for you to add delivery notes like "leave at front desk". You are probably better off than someone who cannot get it delivered to their work.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    I have 2 questions related to this I guess;

    1) There is a website I used once for tracking but I lost the bookmark a longtime ago, it would track everything from dhl to fedex, and it updated faster than whoever the shipper was. Anyone have an idea what it was cause I like to watch my package travel

    2) I don't suppose I can have it shipped to a business address, or do they require it to go to the phone bill address?
  9. #9  
    Nakrohtap's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    Quote Originally Posted by jkarg00 View Post
    I have 2 questions related to this I guess;

    1) There is a website I used once for tracking but I lost the bookmark a longtime ago, it would track everything from dhl to fedex, and it updated faster than whoever the shipper was. Anyone have an idea what it was cause I like to watch my package travel

    2) I don't suppose I can have it shipped to a business address, or do they require it to go to the phone bill address?
    1. This?

    2. Yes. I had my OG delivered to my work address.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    That looks like it could be it, at least as long as I don't have to sign into it to use it.

    Good I think I tried that once with a T-mobile phone and was a no go.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: If I Preorder Online...

    COOL i'm from Rutgers too!!!!!! i need a smartphone badly because I hate logging into RU Wireless everytime with my ipod touch....
  12. #12  
    tekhinator's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB 1.3.1/Glitch

    Default

    Someone needs to sign.

    tapatalked
    I am that dude that wishes Salma Hayek was my wife.

Posting Permissions

B