The Nexus/Verizon Rumor Mill - Delay Reasons

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been sitting on these forums and reading through threads and must admit, I'm quite entertained.

I've come to notice that it doesn't seem to matter what thread you make, it ends up turning into some bickering and one group calling another group this and finger pointing, so on and so forth.

But to me, the best part is the rumors that get built out of rumors. In reality these are just theories but then everyone reads into them and starts building their own rumors off of them. I thought it'd be interesting if people could post their "theories" here instead of threadjacking other threads.

And I'm not talking about release date rumors, I'm talking about why the phone was "delayed" rumors.

On my count I've got the following:

Holiday retail shopping, there were bugs, there were "bugs", VZW hates you, it's just not ready, but the customer service rep said this, VZW's twitter said goodnight - that must mean something, VZW hashtagged Nexus but nothing else :(, delayed? They said end of the year, bloatware, p3droid did it, the "leaked" info said something that didn't happen

This is really all in fun, so lets get some good conspiracy theories and try not to flame each other. It truly will be great when the phone is out and everybody can bury their theories along with the hatchet, cause we know a real answer will never explain why we didn't have it sooner :)

My conspiracy theory: VZW obtained the exclusivity in the states so they could keep the phone off of other carriers, thus eliminating competition from their two new shiny flagship devices, the Razr and Rezound. Operation was a success.

My true thoughts: There were buuuugs! and no...not "bugs"

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't think your conspiracy theory is THAT crazy. I think Verizon probably did think that exclusivity could be a really good thing for their own sales, and as a bonus, would keep their competitors from having the next big thing.

Google employees have stated that Google/Samsung has the phone ready for VZW. An interesting thing to me would be whether the exclusivity window that was negotiated started already, and VZW is eating into it right now, OR, if the clock doesnt start until the Gnex is actually sold in stores?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
They did it just to turn use against each other and it is working haha. No really they are just being mean during the season to be jolly.

kingB

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Vzw wants to make a big splash right before Xmas. That is all this is about. They sell the Razr and Rezound for about a month and let that hype die down. Then they give us the GN two weeks before Xmas and make a huge profit for the quarter. People forget in these forums that "we" are not the average customers. Most people waltz in to Verizon and look for the iphone or something "similar."

From a business standpoint I think Verizon knows exactly what they are doing. This may piss people off, but I believe they couldn't care less about the small percentage of phone geeks in these forums...

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
From a business standpoint I think Verizon knows exactly what they are doing. This may piss people off, but I believe they couldn't care less about the small percentage of phone geeks in these forums...

And it's not like almost everyone complaining won't get the nexus when it comes out anyway, or maybe a razr/rezound if they get impatient, but verizon gets their money all the same

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon decided to put an end to the release date internal leak problem once and for all. They gave each suspect department a different false release date and waited to see which dates were released. To their horror everybody released all the dates. Verizon was forced to clean house and fire all employees involved in the Nexus project. The leak has been plugged but now there is nobody left to release the phone, a team is being assembled to study the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: bwillyM5

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
You know with all these "delays " we all complain about it here and I am sure to others who are not so much into these phones like us. I can't even count how many people I have told I am getting this phone to. Most people are surprised I don't have a new one already. The more people hear us talking about an unreleased phone the more they are going to want to check it out and possibly buy it. It is the same thing that happened with the thunderbolt. It is all free advertising.

Now I just throw that out there because no one else has, I don't really care why, I will just continue to wait and buy it when it arrives :)

Mazingdc5

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just my 2cents here. The main reason why GN is so late is that because of numbers of bugs to b found in GN. Or simply verizon did not want to accept the GN as they were in November. Everyone says its coming out on dec. 8th or 6th, id say you do not know until they actually start advertising them. Believe it or not, GN is now approved by verizon last monday; my friend in samsung went out to nice dinner bc its done now. Again, no official source, no official press about what i said, im just quoting my friend who worked in GN.

It all depends on verizon when they would launch it. Not google, nor samsung does it now.

A phone just came out as 'illiusion', they finished working on it 3, 4 months ago, but verizon wouldn accept it until the lst wk of november.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if he responded to any of the emails that were sent to him about the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Can you imagine the intern's reaction to those emails? haha First they were like "WTF? Seriously?" Then, (to intern sitting next to them) "Dude, check out this email... What kind of dork idiot sends the PUSA a friggin' email about a phone no one has even heard of? I blame the kid's parents." Both interns shake their heads as the email is deleted.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There's a report on Engadget about a new baseband radio and an upgrade to Android 4.1.0. Could this be it? Could our wait be almost over?

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The reason for the delay is that you get a boost to Q4 earnings from people like us AND a boost to Q1 earnings for the others that follow. It's called sandbagging. I have never been in favor of that sort of activity in any sales environment as it distorts the truth. Nonetheless, I believe that is what's happening.