The Nexus/Verizon Rumor Mill - Delay Reasons

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
There's a report on Engadget about a new baseband radio and an upgrade to Android 4.1.0. Could this be it? Could our wait be almost over?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is a major part of getting this phone ready for release. Only the people that are part the VZW testing program know for sure.

I am a member of the test team for a Satellite TV provider and we download new software each week. We submit reports via our receivers (through a broadband connection) when we find issues. Fixes are implemented each week until the software is deemed suitable for general release. Sometimes the process just takes awhile.

My guess is that an issue was identified with the radio which made the phone unsuitable for release. Probably among other things that needed to be tweaked. The fact that VZW is being super cautious regarding the release of this phone is no surprise. They know that the early adopters of the GN will be techies who will push this phone to it's limits. Although some refuse to give VZW any credit for anything and would rather throw internet tantrums than use logic and reason, I am happy that VZW is taking it's time to ensure that this phone is ready for release.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If it's really down to technical issues, I couldn't fault Verizon for that. It's been painful watching my Droid slowly die with no replacement in sight, but hopefully that's over.

If the delay was induced as a marketing strategy… that's an entirely different matter.

phlame

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Aha! just what I thought. Here is my theory. The guy I talked to was all hot on the GN....about 3 weeks ago. Best thing he had ever heard about. (He works at the phone booth at Costco) He also said that they had to sell all the Razrs before the GN came. ??? So now he has changed his tune and thinks the Razr might be better physically, especially when it gets ICS in January. What do you think of this? Is it just a ploy to sell the razr.... There was also another sales guy there and a rep from Verizon. They both agreed whole-heartedly I really do hate to be duped..
Edit/Delete Message:-[

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Aha! just what I thought. Here is my theory. The guy I talked to was all hot on the GN....about 3 weeks ago. Best thing he had ever heard about. (He works at the phone booth at Costco) He also said that they had to sell all the Razrs before the GN came. ??? So now he has changed his tune and thinks the Razr might be better physically, especially when it gets ICS in January. What do you think of this? Is it just a ploy to sell the razr.... There was also another sales guy there and a rep from Verizon. They both agreed whole-heartedly I really do hate to be duped..
Edit/Delete Message:-[

It all depends on what you like. Both are good phones the difference being people get the nexus for updates right away and not waiting months later due to a skin. Not to mention the nexus is much easier to tinker with compared to the razr and its encrypted bootloader. Plus most likely it will not get updated until much later than jan. I mean the bionic was supposed to get a bug fix in november and that did not happen. Moto is pretty slow with updates and has problems getting an update out that does not have to be pulled right away because it is so buggy.

Last edited:

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am just speculating, and know nothing past a few tweets I saw today, but could it have had something to do with the lawsuit trying to stop Samsung from selling Galaxy products brought forth by Apple? Or would they not care until they got a cease and desist from Judge?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am just speculating, and know nothing past a few tweets I saw today, but could it have had something to do with the lawsuit trying to stop Samsung from selling Galaxy products brought forth by Apple? Or would they not care until they got a cease and desist from Judge?

The galaxy nexus wasn't one being brought up in the lawsuit by apple. It has to do with their touchwiz software mainly which the nexus does not have. Not to mention devices aren't banned in the US. http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/1...s-request-to-block-sales-of-galaxy-devices-2/

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Loch Ness is the most voluminous fresh water lake in Great Britain. For centuries people have reported seeing a large creature living in the lake - the earliest account comes from the life of Saint Columba (565 AD).

Although sightings of the creature on land around the loch reputedly date back to the sixteenth century, modern interest in the monster was sparked by a 22 July 1933 sighting, when Mr George Spicer and his wife saw ‘a most extraordinary form of animal’ cross the road in front of their car.

They described the creature as having a large body (about 4 feet high and 25 feet long), and long, narrow neck, slightly thicker than an elephant’s trunk and as long as the 10-12 foot width of the road; the neck had a number of undulations in it.
They saw no limbs because of a dip in the road obscuring the animal’s lower portion. It lurched across the road towards the loch some 20 yards away, leaving only a trail of broken undergrowth in its wake.

Not only has the Loch Ness Monster been photographed repeatedly, it has even been caught on videotape - as recently as 2007, and on sonar equipment. Most notably with a strange portable communication device in a holster on her hip.

Unfortunately, however, the footage and photos are never clear enough to give a definite answer as to what the creature is. Some speculate that it may be a plesiosaur that survived the rest of the dinosaur population.

The only thing clear about "Nessie," is that it is jealously guarding the secret of the Galaxy Nexus Phone release date, and regularly rubs elbows with VZW CEOs. Nessie has stated that "at first, not having opposable thumbs was a problem, but the voice features really made this phone easy for me to use." While not what phone specifically has all the features that meets her needs, it is rumored that the device is a Galaxy Nexus.
---
Bigfoot, also known as the Sasquatch, is depicted as an ape-like man who inhabits forest areas of the pacific north-west and parts of the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Over the years there have been many sightings and photographs of Bigfoot but no conclusive proof exists to verify his existence. But it is believed that "Squatch" also has a Galaxy Nexus, but if he does, he is not talking.

Most experts on the matter consider the Bigfoot legend to be a combination of folklore and hoaxes, but there are a number of authors and researchers who do believe that the stories could be true. That he does, in fact, already have a Galaxy Nexus, knows when it will be released, and has signed a non-disclosure agreement is also a subject for speculation.

There is some speculation that, like the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot may be a living remnant of the time of the dinosaurs - specifically a Gigantopithecus blacki - a supersize ape. "I really like beaming with my peep, Nessie." Sasquatch is quoted as saying. But won't say definitively what device he uses to use this feature.

The earliest accounts of bigfoot are from 1924 though reports of a similar type of creature have appeared as early as the 1860s.
--
Both were recently seen rocking a Galaxy Nexus Phone. However, neither is talking specifics and remain reclusive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol