Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Leaving Behind for the GN

Hi folks.

I've been quietly lurking in these forums for months.
    I decided to jump in here because I'm curious to see what people are jumping over to the Nexus from.

I've been sitting on an upgrade for almost a year now with Verizon.
    I followed the Bionic since it was announced at CES at the beginning of the year.
    The more I read though, the more hesitant I was when it finally came out.
    I'm glad I didn't cash in with that one though because it was around that time that I started reading rumors about the Nexus Prime. I've been hooked ever since. (Still prefer Prime to Galaxy Nexus.)

Anyway the reason this waiting period has been so difficult, at least for me, is because my current phone is a Blackberry Storm (9530). It wasn't always bad. I've had a good run with this phone but lately it's torture. TORTURE.

So how about you? Can anybody beat mine? Want to swap stories of how terrible your current phone is? Anything to pass the time until the 8th or 9th gets here. (fingers crossed!)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pull my battery for like the 10th time today...

Default Re: Leaving Behind for the GN

I'm using a work provided Samsung Intensity (dumb phone) so I don't want to hear it.... :-)

LG Envy 2

Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    I'm using a work provided Samsung Intensity (dumb phone) so I don't want to hear it.... :-)
    That is what my parents have lol.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ouch.

That is pretty rough. Condolences.

My HTC Eris is about as bad as it gets. Won't even connect to 3G anymore.
    jhtheking likes this.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

My DROID X is rebooting everytime I type more than, say, 138 characters. In to any text field.

Morale of the story: don't trust Motorola.
    jhtheking likes this.

I'm upgrading from my 3 year old LG Dare. Nothing to really complain about it, except it's a boring phone now. Although I wish LG would make a top of the line smartphone, LG's have always made really solid, durable phones...

Quote Originally Posted by sutrebla15 View Post
    I'm upgrading from my 3 year old LG Dare. Nothing to really complain about it, except it's a boring phone now. Although I wish LG would make a top of the line smartphone, LG's have always made really solid, durable phones...
    I agree lg does make some nice phones. Seems that maybe verizon will get a version of the nitro hd that is on verizon and that looks to be a really nice phone.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

Hopefully it will be good. Ever since the g2x I had a sour taste for lg.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

I'm currently using an iPhone 4. I've owned every iPhone since this first gen. I'm tired of ios and was very disappointed in iPhone 4s. I want a larger screen and different form factor than the 4/4s bricks. I've been waiting to make the jump to Android and the GN and ICS appear to be exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait for the release and will be purchasing on day 1.

Good for you.

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

My Droid X is running great, but I'm ready for a change. F**k having a locked bootloader. I still miss my OG Droid.
    @Arevill

ROM
    Vicious JB 4.1.1

droid x2 and i hate it, didnt even want the stupid phone to begin with. Verizon sent it to me to try to make me happy, however i got a free upgrade whenever i want so this phone will be it.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Droid X. I'm on my 4th one and all of them had the headphone jack fail on me. I'm tired of sending the phone back and losing all progress on my downloaded games and redownloading all of my apps, etc. Plus, the damn thing freezes up on me, or sometimes takes forever to make a phone call. If I hit the phone icon, I shouldn't have to wait 15 or more seconds just for it to start dialing. I sometimes have to do battery pulls. This isn't a Blackberry.

This phone is the biggest reason why I want to try a Nexus phone, the software is pretty much pure, instead of Verizon and Motorola sending out updates fixing some things and breaking others. Really annoying.

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Droid 2. It's been great, but I'm sooooo ready to step up!

I am using a fascinate running ICS to give me a little taste until the nexus launches.

Thunderbolt. Got it on a one-year contract in anticipation of the GN. I like it, but I'm ready to move on from Sense.

Will be upgrading from the OG Droid. Been a great phone, but the last few months have been pretty rough. The Nexus can't get here soon enough for me!
    jonjohn78 and WolfSkull like this.

Unfortunately, leaving behind 15 years with Palm/WebOS devices, latest being the original Palm Pre (which is still working great, BTW). Will truly miss the simplicity and ease of WebOS, not to mention the inductive chargers (even have one in my car). Will also be giving up the unlimited data on my Sprint plan.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I am coming from an OG Droid. It's on its last legs running 2.3.7, but the software has way outpaced the hardware on this thing. I am looking forward to an improvement of every aspect of this phone - more RAM, faster CPU, HD screen, bigger screen, 4G, thinner, lighter, new OS, not having to delete an app when I want to install a new one and most importantly, being able to run apps like Maps, camera and Angry Birds without force closing or reboots.

ROM
    Rooted, no custom ROM yet

LG Cosmos, need I say more

ROM
    AOKP M2

My first smartphone was an HTC 8125, next was a Blackberry Curve then and current phone the OG Droid.

My Droid is still great but has two problems, I constantly run into low memory situations now and have to go move things and clear the memory. I also have an intermittent charging problem where the phone just won't accept a charge. I'm not rooted and am running Froyo 2.2.3.

I plan to have some fun with the Nexus by rooting it and learning more about the power of the device and Android.

I'll be leaving behind my Samsung Rogue (non-smartphone) and stepping into an Android phone for the first time. At this point in its life, my Rogue will not do anything on the internet - it actually does a reboot if it tries to load a webpage.

Unlimited text/pics, unlimited data - gone. I doubt they'd grandfather me in for unlimited data seeing that I'm not coming from a smartphone plan currently. Not that I mind - I'm not a power user like some people around here. That 4GB package will be plenty for me.

Droid Bionic.

I really like the Bionic but the signal loss is really starting to get to me and I've been waiting for a Nexus device on Verizon for sometime. I usually get a new phone every 6 months but I'm hoping this phone can last me at least a year before I get the itch to upgrade.
    ManBearPig618 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast