"The Verge" Confirms VZW Apps Preloaded & Other Details

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I dislike how Google went from "we are going to make a phone you can take anywhere you want" to letting carriers do whatever they basically want with the Nexus line.

This is absurd.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I dislike how Google went from "we are going to make a phone you can take anywhere you want" to letting carriers do whatever they basically want with the Nexus line.

This is absurd.

No that isn't really the case. If it was verizon would have loaded all their bloat on it. Relax people it is 2 apps. It is still a nexus and will still get updates first.

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
No that is not the case. If it was verizon would have loaded all their bloat on it. Relax people it is 2 apps. It is still a nexus and will still get updates first.

Why can you not let people have their own opinions? It's absurd you are the thought police on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow dude relax. You say let people have their own opinions which is what I was stating yet you freak out. smh

Where did i tell you to stop having your opinion? I just told you to off because you are annoying and made a statement as to why I thought so.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Where did i tell you to stop having your opinion? I just told you to f' off because you are annoying and made a statement as to why I thought so.

Settle down. Just like one person is entitled to state their opinion, another person is entitled to respond with a disagreement. I think equating 2 VZW apps that aren't baked into the OS with "Google letting Verizon do whatever they want with the device" is a little silly.

If Verizon was allowed to do "whatever they wanted" to the Nexus, trust me, we'd be contemplating an entirely difference device. The fact that were getting a Nexus-branded unskinned minimal bloat phone from Verizon is a big deal.

Reactions: Premium1

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I needed a tinfoil hat to check these forums until you showed up.

get one for your cat too man!!!! now!!!!

enhanced-buzz-716-1282582029-3.jpg

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
SIM card, SD Card, bluetooth transfer, usb. There are probably more but thats what I can think of as of now.

For the less technically inclined, what you just said is complete gibberish. There is a reason why apps like Backup Assistant exist, and, believe it or not, there are many people that actually find them very useful! Just because you don't like them, or choose not to use them, does not make it so for others.

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Nobody tells anyone to f off here in the forums. If you have a issue with someone report them or send them a pm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm tired of the regular posters ganging up on the people who have different viewpoints than theirs. Its not "against the rules" but it does make it so new users don't want to post here when you have posting telling them their opinion is WRONG and to RELAX. Its up to you admins/mods if you want new users or you want users with 1000s of posts dominating every forum they want to with their group of "buds". Its what happens with a lot of forums....ppcgeeks, xda has lost many devs for this reason, and I'm sure I can find more if I take the time to look. Don't let your board become this and do something about it.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying that I shouldn't tell you to f' off?

I'm tired of the regular posters ganging up on the people who have different viewpoints than theirs. Its not "against the rules" but it does make it so new users don't want to post here when you have a$$hats posting telling them their opinion is WRONG and to RELAX.

I would submit that someone as angry as you are clearly needs to relax. You're the most worked up person in this thread.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm tired of the regular posters ganging up on the people who have different viewpoints than theirs. Its not "against the rules" but it does make it so new users don't want to post here when you have a$$hats posting telling them their opinion is WRONG and to RELAX. Its up to you admins/mods if you want new users or you want users with 1000s of posts dominating every forum they want to with their group of "buds". Its what happens with a lot of forums....ppcgeeks, xda has lost many devs for this reason, and I'm sure I can find more if I take the time to look. Don't let your board become this and do something about it.

P3 is that you?

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
For the less technically inclined, what you just said is complete gibberish. There is a reason why apps like Backup Assistant exist, and, believe it or not, there are many people that actually find them very useful! Just because you don't like them, or choose not to use them, does not make it so for others.

I know its a consumer market, but Nexus is also a more dedicated developer phone.

If I were a sales tech I would not push someone into the nexus unless they seemed technically savy. If you are buying a nexus and you are not technically savvy I would say you are making the wrong choice. For the users who I have suggested a nexus to that aren't, they KNOW the phone is more advanced than their skill level, which is why their phone will be unboxed and brought to me. For other consumer phones that are more geared to just work out of the box I say great, but for the nexus I say no thanks, again and again.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

I'm tired of the regular posters ganging up on the people who have different viewpoints than theirs. Its not "against the rules" but it does make it so new users don't want to post here when you have a$$hats posting telling them their opinion is WRONG and to RELAX. Its up to you admins/mods if you want new users or you want users with 1000s of posts dominating every forum they want to with their group of "buds". Its what happens with a lot of forums....ppcgeeks, xda has lost many devs for this reason, and I'm sure I can find more if I take the time to look. Don't let your board become this and do something about it.

No I'm telling you not to say that to any member. We do handle other members as needed for issues like you stated. Pm me if you feel you need to. Were done talking about it here. Moving along with the topic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

420board

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I would submit that someone as angry as you are clearly needs to relax. You're the most worked up person in this thread.

Ah yes I am passionate about maintaining forum continuity, because it helps us as developers, phone users, and as a source of information. I have seen some forums go down the wrong path, I should be more politically correct in my manners at times when describing and explaining such.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I know its a consumer market, but Nexus is also a more dedicated developer phone.

If I were a sales tech I would not push someone into the nexus unless they seemed technically savy. If you are buying a nexus and you are not technically savvy I would say you are making the wrong choice. For the users who I have suggested a nexus to that aren't, they KNOW the phone is more advanced than their skill level, which is why their phone will be unboxed and brought to me. For other consumer phones that are more geared to just work out of the box I say great, but for the nexus I say no thanks, again and again.

I'm not sure how much that applies anymore, google is clearly focusing much more on the consumer market with ics then they have with any previous version.

Reactions: ejaymd11