Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If we buy one this week, then Amazon has it cheaper...

If we buy the GN this week and Amazon.com has it a few weeks later cheaper (before the january return date), we should be able to turn it back into verizon then buy it from Amazon.com, right?

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: If we buy one this week, then Amazon has it cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore09 View Post
    If we buy the GN this week and Amazon.com has it a few weeks later cheaper (before the january return date), we should be able to turn it back into verizon then buy it from Amazon.com, right?
    I think Verizon charges a restocking fee... Seems like it would be more bother than beneficial.

Or just wait and see how amazon prices it.

If you need to save $50 or $100 tops you dont need to be buying a $300 phone.

does anyone know if the loyalty discount ($50) applies when ordering through amazon?

I believe you only get that discount through Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by kayefjay View Post
    Seriously? If it was only saving $5-10 you might be right. But $50-$100 is quite a bit off of the price for anyone. If it's not worth at least thinking about to you, you're either rich, or have no sense of savings. 33% is a great savings on just about any item.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

You can. They charge a $35 restocking fee. So if its say $50 cheaper on Amazon after you bought it from Verizon I don't this k its worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's true to a point. But $200 is much easier to justify. $100 goes a long way at my house.

Seriously? If it was only saving $5-10 you might be right. But $50-$100 is quite a bit off of the price for anyone. If it's not worth at least thinking about to you, you're either rich, or have no sense of savings. 33% is a great savings on just about any item.
    My mother always said... if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it. :P

ROM
    AOKP 38

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaker24 View Post
    That's true to a point. But $200 is much easier to justify. $100 goes a long way at my house.
    Also that $100 in savings can go towards other things like accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeceiver View Post
    My mother always said... if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it. :P
    your mom always said that? hahaha!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

That's a really sweeping generalization that may prove correct in some situations, but not this one. It's like saying you wouldn't care to save $660 on a $2000 item.

Just b/c you buy a $300 phone doesn't mean you shouldnt care to try to save $100.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

In any case, I was thinking more along the lines of a bigger sale, like $150 off, or the penny sale. Didn't they do that with the Razr pretty soon after release?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I think they will be milking the launch price for months to come. I also think Amazon is a lot more hassle free and friendly when it comes to returns/exchanges. Returning or exchanging a phone at a Verizon store is one of the most frustrating retail experiences I can imagine. Your phone would need to burst into flames before they would take your word that something is wrong with it.

At the same time, who can blame them when there are so many of us doing exactly as you proposed.

Almost did this with the Bionic when Amazon put it up for $0.01 only 5 days after I got it at $300.

Then I realized the Bionic was a bunch of cack, returned it, cancelled the contract outright and swallowed the restocking fee.

(Hearing about the GN may have had something to do with my willingness to cancel and eat the restocking fee, too... )