Pre-Orders/Stores that Confirm Availability

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Woot I just got a call.

I understand and I know I should have.
But I don't think he would waste his time and my time setting up app for me to show up at 9am and tell me in my face they reserved one and give me all his info and everything.

With everything pooping everywhere about this phone. Showing up at NYC and all. I think this is pretty legit to me

Ok I understand. However could you give anyone else who lives in your area a possible store number so they can get their Nexus device reserved as well?

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I agree. i think people forget that those of us on sites like this are a very small minority. Until people see commercials with the phone they will not know it even exists. I can see there being plenty of stock until those of us on here get our hands on them and start recommending it to their friends.

You couldn't say it any better then this. I agree 100% with you!

Reactions: Premium1

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Hot springs. Arkansas. Verizon wireless Central store location.

Thanx! I dont live there but now at least anyone in that area can get theirs reserved as well.

I cant wait until Friday. It will be like christmas lol

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

I agree. i think people forget that those of us on sites like this are a very small minority. Until people see commercials with the phone they will not know it even exists. I can see there being plenty of stock until those of us on here get our hands on them and start recommending it to their friends.

lol there are those of us that have already done that ;) My army buddy and I are going at the same time to get the gnex on (hopefully) friday... and he has gone semi-viral with it too :O

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Friday is cool and all but that is one day later than our semi solid date of the 8th.
Maybe you will get it a day later than the rest of us. lol

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

I just called my store. he's heard nothing and no list going. He says typically new phones launch on Thursday and they usually know a week before, so the fact that it's not in their system is a bit disheartening. He says the only thing he knows for sure is sometime before Christmas is what they were told. Of course he started talking about the Razr and I said I want the GN because of stock android, and he proceeded to tell me it does have touchwiz on it. LOL. It's so unreal how much more we know than the people actually working at the store.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Friday is cool and all but that is one day later than our semi solid date of the 8th.
Maybe you will get it a day later than the rest of us. lol

Lol I got that covered just incase he wanted a sale and said Friday lol. I'm calling Thursday first thing hahahha.
Plus droid-life says 9th.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I just called my store. he's heard nothing and no list going. He says typically new phones launch on Thursday and they usually know a week before, so the fact that it's not in their system is a bit disheartening. He says the only thing he knows for sure is sometime before Christmas is what they were told. Of course he started talking about the Razr and I said I want the GN because of stock android, and he proceeded to tell me it does have touchwiz on it. LOL. It's so unreal how much more we know than the people actually working at the store.

Sounds like he just wanted you to buy a razr so may have not been honest about hearing anything. They are all about sales now and not later on.

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like he just wanted you to buy a razr so may have not been honest about hearing anything. They are all about sales now and not later on.

He sounded like an honest good guy, and he said he just got in for his shift so he checked his computer incase there was any new news, and he said they had nothing new yet. We shall see. Very interesting phone launch if I do say so myself.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Call my store location. Big store vs small store males a difference

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
He sounded like an honest good guy, and he said he just got in for his shift so he checked his computer incase there was any new news, and he said they had nothing new yet. We shall see. Very interesting phone launch if I do say so myself.

Yea. Would just be weird to see why he would call me up and make an app and set aside one for me. Do all stores usually get all in the same time in the system or depends? I called my store just to be sure and he said same thing so.. if i go Monday and its like a scam then I better get something out of this deal or ill be calling corporate about this tactic.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Yea. Would just be weird to see why he would call me up and make an app and set aside one for me. Do all stores usually get all in the same time in the system or depends? I called my store just to be sure and he said same thing so.. if i go Monday and its like a scam then I better get something out of this deal or ill be calling corporate about this tactic.

I really don't think corporate would be able to do anything since it would be a store by store "list" unless vzw came down with an across the board preorder him putting you on a list would be on that store.

Lazerz

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

That's odd. I went to my usual corporate store last night to talk data plans, and the clueless rep who also told me that he is "eagerly awaiting the Galaxy Nexus as a work phone for himself" said that the phone will not be out until at least January or February of 2012. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech