How hard will it be to install Google Wallet?

sahilm

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
So, we've all read the news that the Galaxy Nexus won't officially support Google Wallet.

But the thing is, I was planning on rooting the phone as soon as I got it anyway. So my question is:

How hard is it to install Google Wallet after root?

Also, is a custom rom required?

I'm probably going to unlock the bootloader as soon as the recovery images are released (so I know I can always re-lock it just in case), so flashing a package or something shouldn't be an issue.

I would just prefer to run stock ICS, rather than a custom ROM.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
funny how ALL the news feeds now know one single thing about this phone, so they are all saying it over and over like it's news. thanks CNBC. box 'o rox. :-!

sahilm

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
The hardest part will be finding a place to use it.

I actually have quite a few locations which accept it. The thing is, many stores in my area don't support Google Wallet directly, but do support MasterCard PayPass (If you don't know, any paypass store can accept Google Wallet), so it is pretty good for me.

I mean I don't see myself using it too much, but I think it would be just a cool thing to have to show off (like face unlock).

sahilm

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
funny how ALL the news feeds now know one single thing about this phone, so they are all saying it over and over like it's news. thanks CNBC. box 'o rox. :-!

Well, I asked Droid-Life and ComputerWorld over Twitter a few days ago, so I like to think I'm not totally clueless. I just posted it now since it's basically confirmed, and didn't want everyone on this posting

"It's not even released yet, don't worry so much" and all of that nonsense.

I just kind of remembered with this influx of news, and posted here to see if anyone knows. I read somewhere that there was something developed, but that was for GSM Nexus and involved installing the MoDaCo ROM (which included volume fix).

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Side loading Goggle wallet.apk this app has permission to screw with all your finances....no thanks I'm way to paranoid and can't read an apps code to know if its hacked.

I'll try Isis out when Verizon, att and T-Mobile release it.

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The hardest part will be finding a place to use it.

I thought a few months ago until I decided to switch onto Android and started investigating the GN. Then I started seeing Google Wallet in all kinds of places. Obviously it's going to vary widely by area, though. (NYC here, which admittedly is probably one of the areas it's likely to penetrate first.) But looking forward to dinking around with it on the GN, and potentially actually finding it useful. :)

stanfna#AC

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Side loading Goggle wallet.apk this app has permission to screw with all your finances....no thanks I'm way to paranoid and can't read an apps code to know if its hacked.

I'll try Isis out when Verizon, att and T-Mobile release it.

i have been worried about this as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX