Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DrPancake
  • 1 Post By BSG75
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Tranquil Ice , RazrX

Default I got to play with the Galaxy Nexus today at Verizon

I got to play with the Galaxy Nexus today at Verizon store , and i must say im impressed with the harware feel of the phone. Its not like the other ' plastic ' feel phones sammie puts out . It felt real nice in my hands . So i am going to get it , and put it in the rotation with my Razr and Bionic. Wonder how long it takes to pick a daily driver?

Default Re: I got to play with the Galaxy Nexus today at Verizon

Did you find it as uncomfortable to hold as the RAZR? I feel that the RAZR is a bit too wide.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Dang...I need to check my local Verizon stores...I am so jealous.

As much as I'm dead set on buying the Nexus, I'd still like to handle it myself before buying...not that I'm worried about bad quality .

I'm jealous lol thought they couldn't pit any demo floor units out yet?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Tranquil Ice , RazrX

It felt better to me than the RAZR , I agree the RAZR it wide , and I dont have big hands so its worse. The screen is beautiful , colors are bold , and the thing is amazingly fast . Clicked on browser , google poped up almost instantly.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Tranquil Ice , RazrX

Quote Originally Posted by dadsterflip View Post
    I'm jealous lol thought they couldn't pit any demo floor units out yet?
    No demos on floor , the manager looked puzzled when i asked him if he would make an appt for me first thing friday morning for the Nexus . He looked at me and said hold on . Came back out with the phone and let me play with it . I pick one up friday morning . He said , "who told you we got one"? "Im going to fire someone " had to tell him he should really join the android community . And then he would know how i know!!!

I stopped at my local VZW store today and told the salesperson that I wanted to buy a GN. He told me it wasn't for sale yet (hey, it was worth a try). He asked me if I wanted to see the store demo. He approached the store manager and came back--without the demo--telling me that the planned release date (the 9th?) had been pushed back again and, therefore, they couldn't show the demo. He wouldn't/couldn't provide a (new) release date. D'oh!

I'm sure as quickly as they can say no to friday. I'm sure they can also announced it just as quickly on Friday.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

True, most if not all stores have the devices in so it shouldn't be to hard to flip the switch and start selling.

You should have tried to bribe him to sell it to you today!!! "Maybe Mr. Washington could change your mind, eh?"
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    True, most if not all stores have the devices in so it shouldn't be to hard to flip the switch and start selling.
    They were tight-lipped at my local store last night. Picked up a Razr for my dad (took about 2 hours to activate thanks to LTE issues), but the guy said he get's lots of calls about the Nexus and that he has no idea when it will be selling. He also said the 9th was never actually planned. I'm guessing (hoping) he's just towing the company line and doesn't want to ruffle corporate feathers.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by DrPancake View Post
    You should have tried to bribe him to sell it to you today!!! "Maybe Mr. Washington could change your mind, eh?"
    [YT]v=IFQrvtsBEoY[/YT]
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I just got back from Verizon as well, the sales person went into the back and brought out the Demo for me to play with, messed with it for 10 min. Man i love it, ICS is so smooth running and very different then gingerbread, it took me a bit to figure out stuff . They didnt have it hooked up to 4G yet, so couldnt test browsing speeds. The camera is instantaneous, but i did experience the blur issue while trying to take pics of my 3 year old. I hope they figure that part out. It made me even more pissed that it keeps getting delayed, i cant wait to have my own :-)

@BSG75 hahaha =)

ROM

I'm stopping by my local corp store on the way home from work today, to check out the accessories. I'd really like to put one in my hands and check it out.

ROM
    Stock

gps lock was not impressive...1500m was as close as it would get long after a minute...coming from an og droid this is very nice but compared to the razor i'm using, ics aside, i didn't notice much difference in performance. in fact, the screen was blurry at times and screens would lag a tad when switching. i stll intend to get a gnex but if i get stuck with the razor i'd be satisfied.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by DrPancake View Post
    Mr. Washington? Nah, I think it would probably have to be several Franklins.

Quote Originally Posted by S281 View Post
    I just got back from Verizon as well, the sales person went into the back and brought out the Demo for me to play with, messed with it for 10 min. Man i love it, ICS is so smooth running and very different then gingerbread, it took me a bit to figure out stuff . They didnt have it hooked up to 4G yet, so couldnt test browsing speeds. The camera is instantaneous, but i did experience the blur issue while trying to take pics of my 3 year old. I hope they figure that part out. It made me even more pissed that it keeps getting delayed, i cant wait to have my own :-)
    Yeah I went by my store but the rep said they had them in stock but wouldn't let me play with one :-(
    XOOM XOOM!

I have one. I dont have a sim in it yet though. Not until launch. Wifi only for the time being. Absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDroid0303 View Post
    I have one. I dont have a sim in it yet though. Not until launch. Wifi only for the time being. Absolutely love it.
    Sme i take it?

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk