Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 26272829
Like Tree372Likes

Default Re: Regarding Dec. 9 no longer being the unofficial date

How would the 2 year clock begin on Jan 1?

If you signed a contract on Nov 15 then tthe clock started that day.

It's not like I can return this Rezound and be out of my contract altogether. I'm still under a 2 yr.

Quote Originally Posted by imbored2008 View Post
    How would the 2 year clock begin on Jan 1?

If you signed a contract on Nov 15 then tthe clock started that day.

It's not like I can return this Rezound and be out of my contract altogether. I'm still under a 2 yr.
    Uh actually yes, yes you can. That's the point of the "worry free" guarantee. You CAN return the Rezound and get out of your contract.

Did you think that they would have you return a phone, and make you locked in a 2 year contract paying for service but not having a phone?
    Phone Home.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kayefjay View Post
    The contract would be renewed on the later date
    Are you sure? I would think that if you are just exchanging a phone for phone, the contract wouldnt need to be changed in any way. Now if you were RETURNING a phone, different story.
    Phone Home.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Are you sure? I would think that if you are just exchanging a phone for phone, the contract wouldnt need to be changed in any way. Now if you were RETURNING a phone, different story.
    It will go by when you agree to the terms which would be the later date since you have to agree to terms whether you exchange or not.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

At this point I don't think there is a firm release date. They (Verizon) keep penciling in launch dates hoping Google/Samsung will have a fix ready to push out at the same time as launch but Google/Samsung hasn't been able to come up with one. There is obviously something about the phone that makes Verizon feel it isn't ready to launch without the update.

I did get to spend about 30 minutes using one at BJs tonight and the phone is very impressive. I don't find the phone too big at all and everything seemed to work fine, with no problems with 4g.
    Thanked by:
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by JL724 View Post
    At this point I don't think there is a firm release date. They (Verizon) keep penciling in launch dates hoping Google/Samsung will have a fix ready to push out at the same time as launch but Google/Samsung hasn't been able to come up with one. There is obviously something about the phone that makes Verizon feel it isn't ready to launch without the update.

I did get to spend about 30 minutes using one at BJs tonight and the phone is very impressive. I don't find the phone too big at all and everything seemed to work fine, with no problems with 4g.
    The census is that it will launch on the 15th. (Next Thursday)

Quoting here......

"OK here's the skinny...

I went to buy the phone thinking there's no way I'm walking out of this store with it. The activation went through just fine but they couldn't ring up the sku.

So they hand wrote a purchase agreement and copied my credit card (they were assuming they could run it later today when the sku was active) they never got word from their boss stating anything different from the 9th as being the launch date.

When I got home and pulled the phone out of the box I seen they called & texted, they were frantically trying to reach me of course I knew what it was it was all about.
    I consider these people friends and wouldn't want to see them fired. I am unemployed right now and I realize how tough it is out there.

but here is the good news...When I called Verizon to make certain that my upgrade eligabity was reset, I explained to the rep what happened. The Verizon rep was very forthcoming and told me that Verizon has not deleted the Nexus from their info guide but only hidden it, she says the release date is there and it's the 15th. I asked how she knew this and she said she really wants the Nexus so she went digging and found it, of course we all know that could change, but I don't doubt the rep for 1 second (and I usually doubt everything) that the 15th is the target date."

OP
    ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release thread***(updated 12/9 Three bits of news!!) - Page 1471 - Android Forums
    Last edited by JkdJedi; 12-09-2011 at 07:55 PM.

She really wanted it and went digging??
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by GODAWGS31005 View Post
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD_xWrhZ8yI[/YT]
    BSG75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GODAWGS31005 View Post
    I see what you did there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

that guy has been wrong more than he has been right with the nexus info...

The date 12/15 is extremely unofficial. It's just the closest Thursday so some systems may be reporting that. If the issues are fixed, the phone is going to be released immediately. I'm thinking Sunday... Monday...
    LG Nexus 5 | T-Mobile $30 Plan
    Android 5.0 Developer Preview

Next: Motorola Nexus 6
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

the 15th came up because it is one week after the 9th. All these "sources" once the date passes it moves to the next week. I think most of them are just guessing and these sites run with it like it is the gospel.

Where did Sunday even come from?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

There was a rumor a few days back that best buy was going to release on Sunday
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentrix View Post
    The date 12/15 is extremely unofficial. It's just the closest Thursday so some systems may be reporting that. If the issues are fixed, the phone is going to be released immediately. I'm thinking Sunday... Monday...
    Exactly, the vast majority of VZW phones are released on Thursdays so someone or or several someones theorized that date and it caught on like wildfire.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

While I haven't heard anything new, I'm just going to repeat what my friend at Verizon Corporate told me. He stated that the delay was caused by two factors, the 4G network crash that occurred a few days ago, and an incomplete inventory stream. Due to this, I'd be inclined to believe that a weekend launch is highly unlikely (as the linked post says, sometime early/middle of next week is the most likely time).
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by drwatz0n View Post
    While I haven't heard anything new, I'm just going to repeat what my friend at Verizon Corporate told me. He stated that the delay was caused by two factors, the 4G network crash that occurred a few days ago, and an incomplete inventory stream. Due to this, I'd be inclined to believe that a weekend launch is highly unlikely (as the linked post says, sometime early/middle of next week is the most likely time).
    I was gonna wait till Amazon offered this phone for less but this cat and mouse tactics by Verizon has me wanting it now!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    ...this cat and mouse tactics by Verizon has me wanting it now!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Maybe THIS was Verizon's Master Plan
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 26272829