Regarding Dec. 9 no longer being the unofficial date

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Very strange. I just left the Verizon store in my area and they said it was going on sale Friday. I told them I woud be there late and they said to call before I come to make sure they had some left. They weren't sure how many they were getting.

Maybe they don't know about the change yet. I was tempted to go into work today so that I could take off friday but I'm glad I checked this forum first.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
On one hand ... F the rumors, Verizon hasn't announced anything.

On the other hand.... i'd LOVE to never pay Verizon a dime for being stupid but... Sprint and AT&T no good in my area.

meh...

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The testers probably found another software bug and decided that it would be smarter to fix it rather than knowingly release a phone (with no official release date) with issues. Very wise move IMO. Obviously the nerds will freak out but there is a reason Verizon is number one across the board,

I doubt they found a bug at this juncture. You don't communicate and ship hardware to THIRD PARTIES and then find a bug. I agree with Phil, this was some last minute fall out from the RAZR/LTE outage last night.

Reactions: reflekt2099

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Very strange. I just left the Verizon store in my area and they said it was going on sale Friday. I told them I woud be there late and they said to call before I come to make sure they had some left. They weren't sure how many they were getting.

Maybe they don't know about the change yet. I was tempted to go into work today so that I could take off friday but I'm glad I checked this forum first.

You may want to do something to make sure they don't hear about any delays from Verizon and still sell it to you Friday. ;)

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey look it's Thunderbolt 2!

I agree. I think a podcast discussion on it would be best when the phone is actually available (or the week it will be available).

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I love what people will believe in order to deal with disappointment. There are the Verizon haters and then the Verizon defenders.

Classic stuff.

What's your point, they didn't have any reason to withdraw the release, just cuz they felt like pissing people off.?

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Having no official comment stating such, I think it's equally likely that they did it to give the Droid 4 launch some breathing room.

(On a side note, how ludicrous is it that we've had FOUR Droids [as in, Motorola landscape QWERTY slider Android devices] launch within 14 months of each other??)

Droid 1 was Nov 2009, so 25 months of each other.

Motorola did the same with feature phones, publishing small "nightlies" as a new phone. #DoomToFail

And I am sure Motorola just built better phones without bugs, so their phones are always on schedule. #Sarcasm

VZW likes them because they are willing to bent over and let VZW has its way with them.

Droid 1 is screwing my present, Droid 4 is screwing my future

gnex_please

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
As a prospective new customer to Verizon I'm a little disappointed.
Yes I realize they haven't set a release date, however they clearly have delayed this quite a bit.

No Google wallet (nice job trying to be a security firm instead of a data channel like all other carriers.)
Mediocre reviews on Battery
2 VZW bloatware apps (yes they can be uninstalled, way to attempt to tarnish the purity of a nexus device)

Not impressed anymore.
I'm going to a Sprint store today for unlimited data.
Have fun everyone.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they found a bug at this juncture. You don't communicate and ship hardware to THIRD PARTIES and then find a bug. I agree with Phil, this was some last minute fall out from the RAZR/LTE outage last night.

I am a tester for a major Satellite TV provider and I can assure you that last minute bugs pop up all the time. Products releases and software updates get delayed literally hours before being shipped, pushed or sold. This is all part of the reason that VZW did not set a release date. People like to freak out in a fit of entitlement around here but there are people at VZW much smarter than anyone who posts here.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
What's your point, they didn't have any reason to withdraw the release, just cuz they felt like pissing people off.?

There are plenty of reasons. Their LTE networks is having major problems. They're releasing another Droid phone. They may not have sold enough RAZRs yet. It's not very likely that there's some "bug" holding the phone back. This was ready to be released a month ago.

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
October 2009, actually, but you're right, I missed a whole year. 26 months. In any case, still completely ridiculous. How'd you like to be a Droid 3 buyer right now? Didn't that just come out 5 months ago?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Will the D4 be available? Its a 4g phone. Also they'll wait and sell next week with the xoom2 lte going on sale. There could b alot of 4g devices next week

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
October 2009, actually, but you're right, I missed a whole year. 26 months. In any case, still completely ridiculous. How'd you like to be a Droid 3 buyer right now? Didn't that just come out 5 months ago?

Could be worse though. Could be a Bionic owner and the RAZR comes out 2-months later.

Reactions: moosc

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Will the D4 be available? Its a 4g phone. Also they'll wait and sell next week with the xoom2 lte going on sale. There could b alot of 4g devices next week

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I've seen numerous dates for the D4, starting with tomorrow. But, you have a good point. If it's really an LTE network issue, does the D4 get delayed too (assuming a release tomorrow)? Whether it does or not may help answer the question on the Nexus delay.

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Whether this has anything to do with the RAZR/LTE outage problem, or whether it has anything to do with the Droid 4 launch, one thing is certain: the serious, serious dislike I've held for such a long time toward Motorola has officially turned into hatred.

Motorola has some kind of grip on Verizon's nuts and I'm sick of it. Verizon pushes everyone around, yet they let Moto dictate what they do (it seems). It's like Moto is the devil and Verizon made a back room deal with them a long time ago and are still paying the price for it.

Ever notice how all Motorola-produced Droids get so much commercial airtime etc.? That's Verizon marketing for them, not Motorola. I've seen more commercials for the RAZR than the Thunderbolt, Charge, and all other non-Moto phones this year COMBINED.

I think Verizon got into bed for the long-term with Moto way back when they launched the original Droid and are still paying a price for it today. Had Motorola's products been better, it would've worked out great for Verizon, but I think everyone knows Motorola phones are pretty much crap. I know crap seems subjective, but we all know what it smells like, and Motorola sure smells bad.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Could be worse though. Could be a Bionic owner and the RAZR comes out 2-months later.

Could be a Razr owner and the Razr HD comes out 2 months later ;)

BTW, didn't 4.1 just start getting pushed out to the Gnex? A bug popping up regarding LTE is quite possible.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

The quick, accurate answer to that article is "Verizon does not care." They know they have the best network, they know they have great phones, and they know people are willing to "bend over" and deal with the games they want to play with the consumer.

As much as I hate to bring it up, Verizon has not broken any promise on this phone to the consumers until it launches after December 31. Those leaked dates were not meant for our eyes, and are therefore "unofficial." We all know it is a delay, but Verizon will hide behind the "we never announced anything" banner, knowing all the while that we will still buy this phone (or another phone) on their network. I don't think they honestly believe they will lose enough customers for this launch to concern them, therefore "they do not care."