Regarding Dec. 9 no longer being the unofficial date

imbored2008

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
How would the 2 year clock begin on Jan 1?

If you signed a contract on Nov 15 then tthe clock started that day.

It's not like I can return this Rezound and be out of my contract altogether. I'm still under a 2 yr.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
How would the 2 year clock begin on Jan 1?

If you signed a contract on Nov 15 then tthe clock started that day.

It's not like I can return this Rezound and be out of my contract altogether. I'm still under a 2 yr.

Uh actually yes, yes you can. That's the point of the "worry free" guarantee. You CAN return the Rezound and get out of your contract.

Did you think that they would have you return a phone, and make you locked in a 2 year contract paying for service but not having a phone?

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure? I would think that if you are just exchanging a phone for phone, the contract wouldnt need to be changed in any way. Now if you were RETURNING a phone, different story.

It will go by when you agree to the terms which would be the later date since you have to agree to terms whether you exchange or not.

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
At this point I don't think there is a firm release date. They (Verizon) keep penciling in launch dates hoping Google/Samsung will have a fix ready to push out at the same time as launch but Google/Samsung hasn't been able to come up with one. There is obviously something about the phone that makes Verizon feel it isn't ready to launch without the update.

I did get to spend about 30 minutes using one at BJs tonight and the phone is very impressive. I don't find the phone too big at all and everything seemed to work fine, with no problems with 4g.

Reactions: rjs5117

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
At this point I don't think there is a firm release date. They (Verizon) keep penciling in launch dates hoping Google/Samsung will have a fix ready to push out at the same time as launch but Google/Samsung hasn't been able to come up with one. There is obviously something about the phone that makes Verizon feel it isn't ready to launch without the update.

I did get to spend about 30 minutes using one at BJs tonight and the phone is very impressive. I don't find the phone too big at all and everything seemed to work fine, with no problems with 4g.

The census is that it will launch on the 15th. (Next Thursday)

Quoting here......

"OK here's the skinny...

I went to buy the phone thinking there's no way I'm walking out of this store with it. The activation went through just fine but they couldn't ring up the sku.

So they hand wrote a purchase agreement and copied my credit card (they were assuming they could run it later today when the sku was active) they never got word from their boss stating anything different from the 9th as being the launch date.

When I got home and pulled the phone out of the box I seen they called & texted, they were frantically trying to reach me of course I knew what it was it was all about.
I consider these people friends and wouldn't want to see them fired. I am unemployed right now and I realize how tough it is out there.

but here is the good news...When I called Verizon to make certain that my upgrade eligabity was reset, I explained to the rep what happened. The Verizon rep was very forthcoming and told me that Verizon has not deleted the Nexus from their info guide but only hidden it, she says the release date is there and it's the 15th. I asked how she knew this and she said she really wants the Nexus so she went digging and found it, of course we all know that could change, but I don't doubt the rep for 1 second (and I usually doubt everything) that the 15th is the target date."

OP
***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release thread***(updated 12/9 Three bits of news!!) - Page 1471 - Android Forums

Last edited:

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The date 12/15 is extremely unofficial. It's just the closest Thursday so some systems may be reporting that. If the issues are fixed, the phone is going to be released immediately. I'm thinking Sunday... Monday...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
the 15th came up because it is one week after the 9th. All these "sources" once the date passes it moves to the next week. I think most of them are just guessing and these sites run with it like it is the gospel.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The date 12/15 is extremely unofficial. It's just the closest Thursday so some systems may be reporting that. If the issues are fixed, the phone is going to be released immediately. I'm thinking Sunday... Monday...

Exactly, the vast majority of VZW phones are released on Thursdays so someone or or several someones theorized that date and it caught on like wildfire.

drwatz0n

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
While I haven't heard anything new, I'm just going to repeat what my friend at Verizon Corporate told me. He stated that the delay was caused by two factors, the 4G network crash that occurred a few days ago, and an incomplete inventory stream. Due to this, I'd be inclined to believe that a weekend launch is highly unlikely (as the linked post says, sometime early/middle of next week is the most likely time).

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
While I haven't heard anything new, I'm just going to repeat what my friend at Verizon Corporate told me. He stated that the delay was caused by two factors, the 4G network crash that occurred a few days ago, and an incomplete inventory stream. Due to this, I'd be inclined to believe that a weekend launch is highly unlikely (as the linked post says, sometime early/middle of next week is the most likely time).

I was gonna wait till Amazon offered this phone for less but this cat and mouse tactics by Verizon has me wanting it now!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad